Zero Punctuation: E3 2018 Round-Up

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

E3 2018 Round-Up

Yahtzee presents the Cliff's Notes of E3 2018.

Watch Video

Before Watching: You better not fuck it up like how you fucked up E3 2017.

After Watching: I can confidently state that this video was actually pretty good, the ending felt unnecessary as it was a reiteration of what was said in previous videos, but I guess this point will have to be repeated until something actually happens.

I also thought the Assassin's Creed bit was funny.

Wow I didn't even know Ubisoft acted like they hadn't done the playable female character thing with AC before, i'm as pissed as Yahtzee now, surprised he didn't also snark on Odyssey for the devs bragging about how the game adopted a Bioware style dialogue system that let you romance people.

I was kinda hoping Yahtzee would rag on Sony for their bullshit restricting of Fortnite accounts.

As for Microsoft, well the Xbox One X is more powerful then the PS4 Pro and you know MS are not going to fuck you over on crossplay like Sony are, so that's one reason why I feel justified in buying all my multiplatform titles on there.

Spot on about the changing relationship.

Wow, he sounded PISSED about E3 this year! I didn't have time to watch ALL the trailers and demos last week, but now I want to see what I missed out of morbid curiosity.
Speaking of missing, Escapist, if Yahtzee wants to do his Extra Punctuation column again, just let him do it.

Maybe Halo: Infinite, I hate that shit title almost as much as Combat Evolved, will be decent to juxtapose from Halo 5's shitness. That and it has a PC release too, so maybe I'll be able to stop hissing a 343 employees and get out from under the couch.

too many eejits with more money than sense. Manipulated through their own hyped imagination

luckily, a brain malfunctioning enough means feeling excitement for anything pretty much hasn't happened for some long while. lucky me

Nina Struthers acknowledgement is lacking though. Aw

He didn't have to say anything about the new Tomb Raider game beyond it being about her becoming the Tomb Raider. Nuff said just there.

It seems Yahtzee mixed up Ghost of Tsushima and Days Gone though. Don't remember anything postapocalyptic in first one.

darkrage6:
Wow I didn't even know Ubisoft acted like they hadn't done the playable female character thing with AC before, i'm as pissed as Yahtzee now, surprised he didn't also snark on Odyssey for the devs bragging about how the game adopted a Bioware style dialogue system that let you romance people.

Same. I didn't watch it so I had no idea they were bragging about 'finally' having a lady character. I assumed its just par for Ass creed games to have sibling protagonists now, simply the right call to make and doesn't take away from the story. Really kinda shitty they made such a big deal about it for Odyssey.

Ah Yahtzee's post-E3 roundup. The only thing I look forward to with E3. Honestly the slipping of the standards of gaming consumers are why I get pissed off at gamers almost as much as I get pissed off at the corporate fuckwads that pull the money-grubbing bullshit.
Also wow, Ubisoft, that's just sad. How could you forget that'd you'd already done the female character thing?

EDIT: Also does Bethesda really think it's a good idea to name a game after a shitty super hero team created by Rob Liefeld?

I wonder if the 'speaker for the dead' title at the start of the credits was a respectful nod to TB.

I preorder games because I have Amazon Prime and preordering games gives Prime members a 20% discount. There's not really a better preorder bonus than "pay less for the game you're getting anyways."

Yahtzee isn't going to take it well when someone breaks it to him that Shadows Die Twice is NOT a Souls game, but instead an action game like Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, or FromSoft's Otogi games. Also it's being published by Activision, so expect some kind of bullshit meant to drain people's wallets.

Onliuge:
Maybe Halo: Infinite, I hate that shit title almost as much as Combat Evolved, will be decent to juxtapose from Halo 5's shitness. That and it has a PC release too, so maybe I'll be able to stop hissing a 343 employees and get out from under the couch.

I thought Halo 5 was pretty damn good and i'm excited for Infinite.

Ryallen:
I preorder games because I have Amazon Prime and preordering games gives Prime members a 20% discount. There's not really a better preorder bonus than "pay less for the game you're getting anyways."

Thaluikhain:
He didn't have to say anything about the new Tomb Raider game beyond it being about her becoming the Tomb Raider. Nuff said just there.

I think it looks pretty damn awesome and i've quite enjoyed the previous two games.

Canadamus Prime:
Ah Yahtzee's post-E3 roundup. The only thing I look forward to with E3. Honestly the slipping of the standards of gaming consumers are why I get pissed off at gamers almost as much as I get pissed off at the corporate fuckwads that pull the money-grubbing bullshit.
Also wow, Ubisoft, that's just sad. How could you forget that'd you'd already done the female character thing?

EDIT: Also does Bethesda really think it's a good idea to name a game after a shitty super hero team created by Rob Liefeld?

I quite enjoy Liefeld's work for the most part so i'm fine with the name, not sure if the game will be any godo though.

darkrage6:

Canadamus Prime:

I quite enjoy Liefeld's work for the most part so i'm fine with the name, not sure if the game will be any godo though.

IDK, I mostly know them through Atop the Fourth Wall. Of course ignoring Linkara's commentary and judging for myself, Liefeld's art is still incredibly hideous. And Youngblood in particular looks very bland and generic.

i'm knid of confused on how Yahtzee is less interested on the new spider-man game every time stuff is shown on it.. that's the exact opposite attitude of pretty much every gamer, journalist and rabbit squirrel around right now.. it looks incredible (still not pre-ordering. since I never pre-order a game)... Ghosts of tsushima also looks ed amazing and again he was a bit own on it.. at least have a small amount of positivity for it's potential... and he didn't even mention the great looking remake of RE2 trailer and gameplay footage at E3

The ending credits are genuinly worth a read this week, and holy shit, it's been a while since I heard Yahtzee so genuinly angry about something as he was over Assassin's Creed Oddessy. For good reasons, granted.

I was so hoping for a Fallout New Vegas remaster. Instead they threw Fallout 76 in our face an expected applause...

Not even touching.

Catasros:
The ending credits are genuinly worth a read this week, and holy shit, it's been a while since I heard Yahtzee so genuinly angry about something as he was over Assassin's Creed Oddessy. For good reasons, granted.

The last time I remember him being that angry was his review of Metroid Prime Federation Force.

crazygameguy4ever:
i'm knid of confused on how Yahtzee is less interested on the new spider-man game every time stuff is shown on it.. that's the exact opposite attitude of pretty much every gamer, journalist and rabbit squirrel around right now.. it looks incredible (still not pre-ordering. since I never pre-order a game)... Ghosts of tsushima also looks ed amazing and again he was a bit own on it.. at least have a small amount of positivity for it's potential... and he didn't even mention the great looking remake of RE2 trailer and gameplay footage at E3

I think he got Ghosts mixed up with Days Gone since the former didn't look post-apocalyptic. Personally i'm not really big on feudal Japan so none of those Samurai games looked very interesting to me.

I've heard other people be skeptical about Spider-Man because of all the QTEs shown, i'm excited but i'm not surprised Yahtzee isn't, and he's never been a fan of protagonists that snark a lot, he attacked Nathan Drake and that guy from Sunset Overdrive for their snarking.

Yahtzee didn't have time to mention everything, and he's mentioned before that he didn't start getting into Resident Evil until the 4th game(same with me) so i'm not surprised he has little interest in a remake of a game he didn't like to begin with.

Canadamus Prime:

darkrage6:

Canadamus Prime:

IDK, I mostly know them through Atop the Fourth Wall. Of course ignoring Linkara's commentary and judging for myself, Liefeld's art is still incredibly hideous. And Youngblood in particular looks very bland and generic.

I actually like his artwork, I find it interesting and striking, kind of reminds me of Tim Schafer's style in Brutal Legend.

darkrage6:

Canadamus Prime:

darkrage6:

I actually like his artwork, I find it interesting and striking, kind of reminds me of Tim Schafer's style in Brutal Legend.

To each their own, I suppose.

why didn't he mention X, Y, and Z

Canadamus Prime:

darkrage6:

Canadamus Prime:

To each their own, I suppose.

I like Liefeld's artwork too; it's great for endless laughs.

Hey, Extra Punctuation (or whatever it was called) came back, even if it was just for the credits!
Miff surprised Just Cause 4 flew under the radar/video though.

Even good studios have knowingly released utter dreck. If you buy a game without checking reviews or let's plays first, you're an idiot who deserves to be ripped off. If that's the case, you probably are being ripped off.

Wow, that was a really good episode! The best in a while.

Ryallen:

That discount persists for about a month or so post-release too though, so you've still got time to check in with a critic you consider reliable before putting up your $48.

Kenjitsuka:
Hey, Extra Punctuation (or whatever it was called) came back, even if it was just for the credits!
Miff surprised Just Cause 4 flew under the radar/video though.

It seems to mostly just be Just Cause 3: Another One from what I recall. Hopefully with more wacky bullshit like the jetpack and lightning gun, and less shitty endings.

darkrage6:

Catasros:

The last time I remember him being that angry was his review of Metroid Prime Federation Force.

What about "Hunt Down The Freeman" (or was that considered despair)?

He should've seen the Devolver Digital conference as a palette cleanser.

It was nice of Yahtzee to write us a brand new novel for the end of the video.

The lowlight of E3 for me was that godawful mobile Command and Conquer game. People I didn't know playing an utterly uninteresting, simplistic game (I have actually played free Flash games that were better) while the developers tried to play it off as the most exciting thing ever. I could almost hear their shoes hitting the teeth of long-suffering C&C fans.

The Rogue Wolf:
The lowlight of E3 for me was that godawful mobile Command and Conquer game. People I didn't know playing an utterly uninteresting, simplistic game (I have actually played free Flash games that were better) while the developers tried to play it off as the most exciting thing ever. I could almost hear their shoes hitting the teeth of long-suffering C&C fans.

Genna Bain even remarked that she was glad her late husband (TotalBiscuit) wasn't there to see that. What an absolute disgrace to shit on a long-beloved series like that after so long. https://clips.twitch.tv/MildHorribleWombatShadyLulu

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here