Zero Punctuation: Totally Accurate Battlegrounds and Moonlighter

Totally Accurate Battlegrounds and Moonlighter

This week, Yahtzee reviews Totally Accurate Battlegrounds and Moonlighter

Watch Video

Not a fan of PUBG style games, unless they come with singleplayer mode and bots.
Also, that they don't have the horrible over-the-shoulder cam.

Moonlighter tickles my fancy though. Got to take a closer look at that.
And fire up Recettear again.

As someone with nearly a thousand hours put into PUBG, I can confirm that Totally Accurate Battlegrounds is a viable alternative. Mostly because its heaps of fun and has next to no waiting in-line time compared to PUBG. Seriously.

Vendor-Lazarus:
Not a fan of PUBG style games, unless... they don't have the horrible over-the-shoulder cam.

Not to put too fine a point on it but TABG is played in first person only, and for what seems like several years now PUBG has also had an option to play matches viewed solely from 1st person as well.

Your recommendation for Recettear didn't happen to come from a wild, indigenous source, rhyming with "Bitch Bevans" of the "Skeviously discorded" crew did it?

Health metre tit? Do I want to know?

Squilookle:

Vendor-Lazarus:
Not a fan of PUBG style games, unless... they don't have the horrible over-the-shoulder cam.

Not to put too fine a point on it but TABS is played in first person only, and for what seems like several years now PUBG has also had an option to play matches viewed solely from 1st person as well.

Good, good. You never can tell these days. That insidious cam is everywhere otherwise.

Now I'll only need it to be singleplayer with bots in addition. ,)

Two more games i've never ever heard of.

Fast show!

Thaluikhain:

The woman's health meter in that game was a tattoo on one of her boobs, so to check your health you'd have to look down to oggle yourself.

"Money Makes the World Go ROund"? Was that a Monty Python reference? Otherwise, I'm posting this video for nothing:

Thaluikhain:

Just look up Jurassic Park Trespasser gameplay, and I'd recommend the full playthrough of it from "Research Indicates" (as that goes quite a bit into the history of the game, the tech, the lore and a few other things):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6A3SaRr26M&list=PL0058A651EB882B48

But the short version: It literally had no HUD at all, so your health was indicated by a heart tattoo on your chest and to see it you had to look down.

Yahtzee:
And I'd like to use my spear on those cunts who want to come in after closing just because I'm still ringing up a couple of guys.

Welcome to the real life world of working retail, Yahtzee.

Bindal:
I'd recommend the full playthrough of it from "Research Indicates" (as that goes quite a bit into the history of the game, the tech, the lore and a few other things):

Utterly glorious, that playthrough. Recommendation seconded.

The brief appearance of the partially-implemented third-person mode is notable.
(Image from https://lparchive.org/Jurassic-Park-Trespasser/ .)

I wonder if Yahtzee's tried out Recettear himself at all. I think he'd appreciate the somewhat-irritable loan shark pixie character who kicks off the plot by shaking down a parentless 8-year-old over her father's massive debt.

Bindal:
But the short version: It literally had no HUD at all, so your health was indicated by a heart tattoo on your chest and to see it you had to look down.

That seems like on of those almost brilliant ideas that just misses and ends up as hilarious bad.

One imagines if they had nude mods, you'd end up distracted and get eated.

Having looked up Moonlighter, I'm hesitant to buy it.
It seems full of bugs, both minor and major progress/freeze ones.
That and horrible keyboard support. Also abysmal laggy and console-ish movement controls.

Anyone here have it, and know for sure?

Thaluikhain:

Bindal:

That seems like on of those almost brilliant ideas that just misses and ends up as hilarious bad.

One imagines if they had nude mods, you'd end up distracted and get eated.

There wouldn't be too much to see anyway.

I should get around to finishing that game one of these days. I think I stopped playing around 5 years ago because I got tired of dying after 40 minutes in a dungeon. But I remember having fun in the early parts.

Darth_Payn:
"Money Makes the World Go ROund"? Was that a Monty Python reference?

I thought Cabaret.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here