Review: Battle for Azeroth

Review: Battle for Azeroth

In World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth the pending apocalypse may not be canceled, but it's temporarily tabled

Read Full Article

My Alliance main in a black haired Arthas lookin Human Paladin with a prefernce to Sword and Shield:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/queldorei/Argronak

Does he look cool?

He sure does. Paladin's been my favorite class since I could only play it on Alliance because of my love for Arthas.

Honestly, I think you're being fairly generous with this review. BfA has a ton of serious design flaws ranging from the the heavy gating of content behind rep grinds, the locking of Azerite traits behind a very slow AP grind, the poor balancing of Azerite traits, poor class balance in general, the underwhelming nature of the new features such as Island Expeditions and Warfronts, and the huge number of bugs and exploits that slipped through their "beta testing". Its not all bad though, the new zones are lovely to look at and well designed, the story is pretty good, and extremely well voice acted, the new dungeons and the Uldir raid are all solid content. Overall, there is a lot of potential there, if the devs can sort out the many issues it has; its just a question of whether they will and how long it will take.

Samtemdo8:
My Alliance main in a black haired Arthas lookin Human Paladin with a prefernce to Sword and Shield:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/queldorei/Argronak

Does he look cool?

He looks more like Varian than anything else.

Bilious Green:
[...]Its not all bad though, the new zones are lovely to look at and well designed, the story is pretty good, and extremely well voice acted, the new dungeons and the Uldir raid are all solid content. Overall, there is a lot of potential there, if the devs can sort out the many issues it has; its just a question of whether they will and how long it will take.

I think you shouldn't underestimate the value of these "soft" factors. Balancing, lack of content, even core game mechanics can be fixed. Awful writing and voice acting not so much.

For me, BfA is the first time in WoW I actually feel invested in the world since ... Wrath? Maybe Pandaria. After those I would regularly yell at my screen in frustration from all the terrible writing and voice acting. Usually I just ended up muting the game and running a TV show in the background, only concentrating on the purely mechanical aspects of the game.

In my eyes, Legion was the worst in this regard - the entire story line about Space Satan and angels in space ships and the nordic pantheon could have been great satire, as background for an MMO it felt completely overblown.

With BfA I promised myself I wouldn't get into the end game before I finished all questlines on both continents. Also, the music. All addons had fantastic scores, but BfA's actually make me HAPPY.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here