Review: Quake Live

Review: Quake Live

Quake Live may be based on a ten-year-old game, but it can still kick your ass.

Read Full Article

An unorthodox choice for a review I must say... a browser remake...

Huh...

Since I have no interest in Quake or Strictly Multiplayer Shooters I really have no idea what else to say.

As much as I love Quake Live, I've given up trying to play it. I either get the PnkbstrB.exe glitch or Firefox tries to become the dominant window and makes everything too dark to see

Good work, finally someone made a review for QL, although you didn't even mention the version you reviewed was still in beta. I just played a few hours of Quake 3 a while ago and started playing QL about 2 months ago. After a few years of playing Battlefield and CoD, I wondered, why the hell did we need these games or cheap copies like UT when Quake 3 was out there for years, with unrivaled gaming?

When does it arrive to Mac Os X?

Random argument man:

No idea but it is run off the browser so it should eventually have a Mac version

Random argument man:

Not sure, but id Software have had a significantly bigger focus on multi-platform gaming than many of their competitors for a while now. Personally, I'm still waiting for the Linux version.

lol this game made me smash up 2 keyboards. that's why i haven't played it in a while :p. (my username is username btw, in case anyone fancies playing with someone else who's crap at the game and uses this site)

Personally I don't get why there aren't more gamers jumping on this game. It's a free Quake 3 Arena on steroids, you can join an active server in seconds, the developers are listening to the community, new maps and game types are added from time to time (last month they added instagib, and they're now releasing 6 new maps). And again, it's free.

woem:
Personally I don't get why there aren't more gamers jumping on this game. It's a free Quake 3 Arena on steroids, you can join an active server in seconds, the developers are listening to the community, new maps and game types are added from time to time (last month they added instagib, and they're now releasing 6 new maps). And again, it's free.

i guess too many people are like 'OMG OLD GAME EWWW NOT HD WTF!'

(and his bump did contribute something, so please avoid a flurry of flaming and overuse of the word 'necro')

SICK0_ZER0:
(and his bump did contribute something, so please avoid a flurry of flaming and overuse of the word 'necro')

No complaints from me - I often bring up my own topics and reviews up elsewhere in the site, because I'm a narcissistic git.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here