Review: Flock

Flock is the most adorable game that will make you ponder the aerodynamics of your controller.

Read Full Article

Nicely written review. I've only played the demo and I thought it was fairly good, not the best, just above average.

I liked the art style too.

How did you not have an aneurysm from the game AI in this?

Whats a 'revew'? ;)

Doug:
Whats a 'revew'? ;)

Anyone can do a "review," but only The Escapist is elite enough to do revews. ;)

:)

Reminds me of the old PC title Sheep.
The same "Grrr! No! NOT THERE YOU STUPID...! ARGH!" kind of game :)
P.S.
Well it's practically the same game with some new features and more farmyard critters to be frustrated with.

The PC demo seemed to be stuck on a horrificly low max resolution, with no widescreen support. So I gave up.

Allan Foe:
Reminds me of the old PC game Sheep.

Yep. It's Lemmings-meets-Sheep-meets-Herdy Gerdy.

This seems like a "Laptop game". It's one of those "pick up and play" games similar to N(+), or indie title "Within A Deep Forest". Plus, the requirements aren't assbaggery, as with almost every "hit" title that comes out these days. Personally, it seems like a waste to buy it on a console. The game is fun in it's own merits, but if you've got Call of Duty 4 or Team Fortress 2 staring at you, and then see cute little Flock with it's poop and fences and alien space ships, what game are you more likely to choose nine times out of ten?

I hated the trial.

I wanted to love it, I really did. But it was really annoying. I moved like 10 feet away from the fucking sheep with me ray to go around them and make them run, but noooo, they had to fucking run of the cliffs all of the time.

Loving the crop Escapist 'E' :D

Good 'revew' :P
i got too annoyed with the game and gave up. spent the points on The Pitt.

Ha!
e
:P
good ole frustration game

Allan Foe:
P.S.
Well it's practically the same game with some new features and more farmyard critters to be frustrated with.

Yeah, you beat me to it. Looks pretty much exactly the same game.

This game looks far to frustrating for my money.

I've played games like this before, good idea ruined by bad controls.

Nice review. After this, I don't really feel like playing it, more like watching some gameplay videos, just for the graphics :)

Yay another 3 minutes of a calming voice with funky colourful critters - Always lookin forward to these reviews :) Makes my day at work that little bit more bearable

This is nicely done review. Good work. ;)

Susan Arendt rocks my socks. Way to take one for the team there ;)

I do love that the mothership is called the Motherflocker. Cute, but gotta wonder how they got something that obvious past the censors, since it's an all-ages game, yes?

Tried the demo from Steam, but gotta say it was too frustrating to warrant a purchase!

Nice review. I like the E you made at the end of the video.

Allan Foe:
P.S.

I totally agree, although personally I thought sheep was way more frustrating. If you want a reason to smash your pc into tiny pieces try to find a copy on Ebay.

Arendt, you've got an amazing voice for this. Especially at the end. I was lawling.
The demo of this game is average. I dunno if I would pay for it or not...

LOL love it when you said "Screw This" lol Awesome.

I'll bet Susan hears the phrase "You're cute when you're angry" a lot. <3

Nice review. I have to say though, I am surprised at the number of flocking jokes they made, like the aforementioned motherflocker, but also in the online status for the game; when people look at your profile, it says that you are currently flocking around.
That aside, the barnyard animals are adorable.

Hmmmm good review, I may just go out and give this a go.

Loved the escapist crop circle, you could make a great viral advertising campaign like that.

This game definitely reminds me of sheep, which I found to be often extremely frustrating so I'm more than likely to give this one a miss.

I played the demo of this when it came out on steam. It did irritate me that I didn't really have much "direct" control over anything, I found it a little annoying, kind of like herding animals in real life I suppose. I did like the "love patch" though.

Susan Arendt:

Flock is the most adorable game that will make you ponder the aerodynamics of your controller.

I think this is the first and only time I've ever even seen Ms. Arendt get even a shade of angry.

Hi,

A very smart and diplomatic answer. It's really appreciable and generous.

Miller

Baby Furniture

that was really cute review, I think susan really liked this game.
And that was a sweet E crop circle hahah

Oh, and how come Susan gets to review all the cool casual games and everyone else has to review all the boring crap? Rocks to be Susan. I want your job if you leave.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here