Doomsday Arcade: Episode Eight

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Episode Eight

Lund and Shanks seek refuge from the game apocalypse with cave-dwelling forum-trollers and prepare for their next battle.

Watch Video

TF2 next week. Bonzer mate!

I thought this was quite a weak episode but I suppose it was just setting up for the next one so fair enough. I'm expecting the next episode to be nothing short of epic.

Sweet clan headquarters :D

Wonder if the Escapist trolls act like that

Funny episode guys! Especially the part about "kicking the bucket".

Who was the Australian game character?

Not a bad episode, much better than the usual advance the plot type of episode, but the ending was a bit, er, uncomfortable; I'm not good with confrontation. :(

You want action? There you action buddy!

Ollie596:

Obviously not. Not enough talk about HALO. ;)

Goatlemon:

TF2 Sniper mate.

The_root_of_all_evil:

Ollie596:

Goatlemon:

TF2 Sniper mate.

Ah, thanks. I've never played TF2; I think that whole Valve/Half Life/Team Fortress/Portal thing is overrated. Yes, I'm aware I'll probably be exiled from the Internet for saying that.

Is that character Australian in the game, or is that something this show added?

Meet The Sniper

And seriously? Valve overrated? Have you played any of the games?

Goatlemon:

I thought he was British with the whole "God save the Queen" stuff but it looks like i was wrong

The_root_of_all_evil:

This gives me an idea for the next Extravaganza.

The_root_of_all_evil:

Meet The Sniper

And seriously? Valve overrated? Have you played any of the games?

Thanks. I'm assuming that video wasn't set in Australia, because if it was he was driving on the wrong side of the road. ;)

Yes, I've played some of Valve's games. I've played the original Half Life, some of the second and I've played through Portal. I've never played Team Fortress as I don't like online gaming.

Why would I say they're overrated if I've never played them? I've played a few of them and I just don't see the big deal.

Danny Ocean:

The_root_of_all_evil:

This gives me an idea for the next Extravaganza.

Oh Yeah!

Pretty funny setup episode. Next week should be pretty interesting, seeing as how the TF2 Sniper's involved.

Also, anyone have a guess as to President Segali's "Master"?

Goatlemon:

Why would I say they're overrated if I've never played them? I've played a few of them and I just don't see the big deal.

You'd be surprised at some of the comments we get. :)

As for the boss, it's got to be someone who's usually seen on a static filled screen. Someone who would benefit from the right man in the right place. Someone with a briefcase?

TEEEEEEAAAM FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORTRESS!

Next episode is going to be amazing. At least it better be, or it won't just be video games you'll have to watch out for.

Really enjoyed that. I like muffins too. :D

Goatlemon:

The_root_of_all_evil:

Ollie596:

Goatlemon:

TF2 Sniper mate.

Ah, thanks. I've never played TF2; I think that whole Valve/Half Life/Team Fortress/Portal thing is overrated. Yes, I'm aware I'll probably be exiled from the Internet for saying that.

No, he's a character with a wierd accent that they keep acting as if it were Australian.

What does it stand for?

I didn't quite get the messege cuz i'm slow... :(

Awesome... love that they are trolling in the face of certain death! Stars Wars is better than Star Trek! Who would win between a Star Destroyer and Enterprise-E? Long live Ewoks!

Well I can't wait for the next one now.

That sucked a bit, more of max payne!
The extra charatcers just cluttered it up and the fake weapons looked far to fake. You ca n do excellent Cgi, why cant you apply it to your guns?

But im, hoping next epsidoe will be kickass, and i think it might come out tommorow, dont ask why its just a hunch

The_root_of_all_evil:

Crikey!

The_root_of_all_evil:
Valve overrated? Have you played any of the games?

Yep. And yep.

Saphatorael:

The_root_of_all_evil:
Valve overrated? Have you played any of the games?

Yep. And yep.

Weirdo

And GYFA has to be Gank Yer () Ass.

My favorite part? The dandy with the port! I want a spin off series where he solves crimes in Victorian England in a magical flying contraption. Also, it's a time machine.

A salutaroy warning on the dangers of bucket kicking.

Keep up the excellent work!

These guys need acting classes as they Suck quite badly, kudos to whoever writes the script though, sorry that I don't watch credits.

But who is Mario's master?

I MUST KNOW

Pretty good for an episode that just advanced the plot. Although the sniper's accent wasn't nearly fake enough. Still, as long as TF2 is in the next episode, I'm happy.

And yes, the sniper is Australian. They used an English actor faking an Australian accent, to keep with the spirit of having all of their stereotypes completely miss the mark while still being recognizable.

Can't wait for next weeks episode its going to be epic. The ending part was hilarious, so was the bucket bit

The sniper... awesome.

Ollie596:

Sure, just better grammar.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist: