Doomsday Arcade: Episode Eight

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Goatlemon:
Who was the Australian game character?

Not a bad episode, much better than the usual advance the plot type of episode, but the ending was a bit, er, uncomfortable; I'm not good with confrontation. :(

That would be the Snipe from TF2

oh yeah, and it was pretty decent, it suffered from timing issues at the end though

Epic setup guys. Can't wait until the next episode. It'll be something to look forward to. :^)

my god, will you have the entire red/blue team? loved the ending.

LOL now i can't wait till the next episode!!!! I love how you guys use "something wicked this way comes." Whoo HIGH FIVE!

Hands up if you like MUFFINS!!!!

Also, I would like some action..... (gunshot)

I have diarrhea is perhaps the best way to end an uncomfortable conversation. That last bit was awkward for sure. But how can I say I didn't like this episode when the humor is so random and so good (the bucket and the muffin bits had me ROFLing a lot)

*Raises Hand* OH OH MUFFINS RIGHT THIS WAY PLZ!!

Another awesome episode, keep em coming.

Mario's boss though... who's important enough in the gaming world to have themselves displayed in a holographic image?

That was awesome. Best one yet.

Ah, priceless ending. I wonder what the GFYA stands for...

"Gaming for your ass"?

Goatlemon:

Why would I say they're overrated if I've never played them? I've played a few of them and I just don't see the big deal.

You have a terrible taste... and you dont play online. Thats even more terrible.

As for this episode, not really my cup of tea... But I guess you guys need to take it relax once in a while. Especialy when the last episode was full of special effects.

Melancholy_Ocelot:
But who is Mario's master?

I MUST KNOW

i have bets on the G-man

EDIT

The_root_of_all_evil:

As for the boss, it's got to be someone who's usually seen on a static filled screen. Someone who would benefit from the right man in the right place. Someone with a briefcase?

Dam beat me to it

I still havea hunch the next one comes out tommorow, it would account for one being missed last week, and this ones being shown today. Unless they have lives outside doomsday it couldnt of taken them 2 weeks to film that.

OBLIVION IS BETTER THAN GODDDD!!
love that guy, especially in the last ep. :]

Go Fist Your Asshole, Today!

I just figured out who the guy Mario answers to is!!!

It's the guy from that one video game (can't remember the name right now) who says "all your base are belong to us!" That's my bet.

I also liked the Kick the bucket part. And yay for the Sniper from TF2!

The_root_of_all_evil:

Saphatorael:

The_root_of_all_evil:
Valve overrated? Have you played any of the games?

Yep. And yep.

Weirdo

And GYFA has to be Gank Yer () Ass.

Well thats helpful, considering the Acronym was GFYA, which is Go Fist Your ()

TheCube:
Go Fist Your Asshole, Today!

oh god that's disgusting...

I just have to wonder where are they going to find an entire cast for Team Fortress 2.

This was just freakin' epic. Best episode yet. Every bit was awesome. Standing ovations.

Although, it seems it's drawing to a conclusion... I'd rather see it end than see it go on and on until it stops being funny, but, um, will it end? :-(

Oh, and now that you have new outfits (I'll miss you 8-bit tie!) you guys should chalk up a new intro. The one with just random snapshots of the first episode doesn't cut it any more.

Lastly, the guy Mario answers to? Jack Thompson. That's right, I called it first.

Indigo_Dingo:

The_root_of_all_evil:

Saphatorael:

The_root_of_all_evil:
Valve overrated? Have you played any of the games?

Yep. And yep.

Weirdo

And GYFA has to be Gank Yer () Ass.

Well thats helpful, considering the Acronym was GFYA, which is Go Fist Your ()

Typo on the tags then, definitely a GYFA.

The_root_of_all_evil:

Goatlemon:

Why would I say they're overrated if I've never played them? I've played a few of them and I just don't see the big deal.

You'd be surprised at some of the comments we get. :)

As for the boss, it's got to be someone who's usually seen on a static filled screen. Someone who would benefit from the right man in the right place. Someone with a briefcase?

In HL1, the G-Man walked around with a briefcase, but he wasn't holographic.

Goatlemon:

The_root_of_all_evil:

Ollie596:
Wonder if the Escapist trolls act like that

Obviously not. Not enough talk about HALO. ;)

Goatlemon:

TF2 Sniper mate.

Ah, thanks. I've never played TF2; I think that whole Valve/Half Life/Team Fortress/Portal thing is overrated. Yes, I'm aware I'll probably be exiled from the Internet for saying that.

Is that character Australian in the game, or is that something this show added?

How in the world can you call something overrated when you never even played it??

???? I'm honestly very confused right now.

Who was the guy with the comic box text above him? The one that shouted Mona

Nice episode, I actually didn't puke when watching it <3

Please let the poncy guy walk in with a shotgun, I swear to you now If I see him shoot a guys head off and then go on about frois gois (sp?) I'll send you guys a muffin.

johnman:
That sucked a bit, more of max payne!
The extra charatcers just cluttered it up and the fake weapons looked far to fake. You ca n do excellent Cgi, why cant you apply it to your guns?

But im, hoping next epsidoe will be kickass, and i think it might come out tommorow, dont ask why its just a hunch

The eps come out every two weeks and Shanks has to film, edit, and apply special effects... putting cgi on guns is time consuming and not worth the trouble. If this was a monthly series like there will be brawl then there would be special effects out the wazoo.

best episode yet
What we learned today:
Star Trek > Star Wars
Luigi > Mario > Luigi
and Oblivion > GOD!

Hamster at Dawn:
I thought this was quite a week episode but I suppose it was just setting up for the next one so fair enough. I'm expecting the next episode to be nothing short of epic.

Yes... these episodes are weekly...

I actually thought this was one of the best ones. They had great editing which was very fresh to watch. The games they talk about I've played. (Loved the "Mona!") It had far less of an uncomfortable undertone, and just seemed much more aesthetically pleasing all the way around.

Action Packed!

Bring on the Action!!!

-M

That was great, I'm really enjoying the series. Even the fourth wall being torn to pieces does not bother me, its just too damn funny!

johnman:
That sucked a bit, more of max payne!
The extra charatcers just cluttered it up and the fake weapons looked far to fake. You ca n do excellent Cgi, why cant you apply it to your guns?

But im, hoping next epsidoe will be kickass, and i think it might come out tommorow, dont ask why its just a hunch

Because adding CG to everything would cheapen something that is clearly not MEANT to come across as perfectly polished, using a lot of visual gags. It's also a time-consuming process, and they only have a few people to do it and not an army of whiny, spoilt asses on the internet.

Because adding CG to everything would cheapen something that is clearly not MEANT to come across as perfectly polished, using a lot of visual gags.

Exactly. Without things like the zombie getting the script out (I loved that bit!), this series just wouldn't be the same.

Since there is clear Valve fanboyism going on here, it probably is the G-Man. Sure, he isn't usually displayed with static, but chances are the static was just to make it hard to recognise him. Then again, since that would be too fucking obvious ("It's too fucking obvious"), it probably isn't.

squeekenator:

Because adding CG to everything would cheapen something that is clearly not MEANT to come across as perfectly polished, using a lot of visual gags.

Exactly. Without things like the zombie getting the script out (I loved that bit!), this series just wouldn't be the same.

Since there is clear Valve fanboyism going on here, it probably is the G-Man. Sure, he isn't usually displayed with static, but chances are the static was just to make it hard to recognise him. Then again, since that would be too fucking obvious ("It's too fucking obvious"), it probably isn't.

actually I think the static is more of a Star Wars referance.

daedrick:

Goatlemon:

You have a terrible taste... and you dont play online. Thats even more terrible.

I hear your flock calling sheep boy, better run back to them. ;)

Kstreitenfeld:

Goatlemon:

The_root_of_all_evil:

Ollie596:
Wonder if the Escapist trolls act like that

Obviously not. Not enough talk about HALO. ;)

Goatlemon:

TF2 Sniper mate.

Ah, thanks. I've never played TF2; I think that whole Valve/Half Life/Team Fortress/Portal thing is overrated. Yes, I'm aware I'll probably be exiled from the Internet for saying that.

Is that character Australian in the game, or is that something this show added?

How in the world can you call something overrated when you never even played it??
???? I'm honestly very confused right now.

*facepalm* Did you read the post where I listed the Valve games I've played? Team Fortress is one of the only ones I haven't played, and I see no reason to considering I don't like online gaming and I'm not a fan of the rest of their games.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here