The Escapist Presents: MovieBob Reviews Wolverine Trailer

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Deadpool is the greatest thing ever

i havent got my hopes up. im ready to be dissapointed. yet it looks sooooo much betta than X3

Abedeus:
I agree with everything, actually. I just wish they would FINALLY give a real villain. Okay, I get it, Magneto is cool, BUT COME ON!

Ian McKellen was the best thing about the whole XMen film series.

Pray for the best (whenever Jackman is on the screen), expect the worst (every other scene).

That said, it looks good. Dunno why I thought Emma Frost was Jubilee, the diamond skin kinda threw me off 'cause it looked like fireworks.

thenumberthirteen:

Abedeus:
I agree with everything, actually. I just wish they would FINALLY give a real villain. Okay, I get it, Magneto is cool, BUT COME ON!

No shit. They tried to include another villain, Juggernaut, and look at how badly they screwed that up. They should have just stuck with Ian Mckellen and his little crew the whole time. It was when they started branching out to other characters that things got worse and worse.

"How can you not love The Blob? He has the power to be a fat guy" is my favorite quote in that video. Tee Hee, The Blob

Doug:

sneak_copter:

Doug:

Patrick_and_the_ricks:

Random argument man:

Abedeus:
but I don't think there was a series where in every episode there was ONE and the SAME enemy.

The Megaman X series had Sigma all the time....

Don't forget, "I have to stop metal gear"

"Its that time again, Missster Freeman"

Ah, we don't know he's particularly a bad guy.

True, but I'd pay to see G-man vs [something] ;) I doubt they'll make a Half life movie ever, or rather, not a good one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1UPMEmCqZo

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

YAY GAMBIT <3 <3 <3

Mitko8322:
They screwed up deadpool but they didn't.

WARNING SPOILER!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

runtheplacered:

thenumberthirteen:

Abedeus:

No shit. They tried to include another villain, Juggernaut, and look at how badly they screwed that up. They should have just stuck with Ian Mckellen and his little crew the whole time. It was when they started branching out to other characters that things got worse and worse.

Well, I guess you are right.

Maybe the directors just suck and can't make other characters good. Or maybe they should've just picked up OTHER character than Juggernaut.

"WAAAGH I'M THE JUGGERNAUT, I'M THE AVATAR OF CYTORAK (but not really, in the movie), I'M KINDA UNSTOPPABLE (except a boy and a girl beat me up) AND I HAVE DEEP PROBLEMS WITH MY BROTHER (not in the movie) XAVIER (never mentioned) AND I WORK ALONE (...guess what? not in the movie). NOW I'MA GONNA SMASH STUFF!!"

Fire Daemon:

Doug:

sneak_copter:

Doug:

Patrick_and_the_ricks:

Random argument man:

Abedeus:
but I don't think there was a series where in every episode there was ONE and the SAME enemy.

"Its that time again, Missster Freeman"

Ah, we don't know he's particularly a bad guy.

True, but I'd pay to see G-man vs [something] ;) I doubt they'll make a Half life movie ever, or rather, not a good one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1UPMEmCqZo

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Ah, that or the 'Whats in the Box' video - but either way, Dr. Freeman and the G-Man won't be crossing onto the silver screen soon, I don't think.

Yay! Deadpool! My favorite charater! And I would like to see if they let him break the fourth wall. But that would be one of those make or break things. But still I cant wait to see Deadpool in movie form.

It's going to be a terrible film, I'll tell you that now.

Not going to stop us all from seeing and loving anyway, but there's the call.

Broken Wings:

MovieBob:
MovieBob Reviews Wolverine

Let's watch the Wolverine trailer with everyone's favorite movie critic, MovieBob.

Watch Video

Dude just in case you were wondering. Wolverine always had claws even as a kid. They were just made of bone, that's how they shaped his metal claws.

Not to insult you, but I think he knows. He's a huge nerd, like many of us. He actually mentioned that it just doesn't fit in with the movie continuity, because the 1st one shows that the claws are mechanical in nature, and not natural (like in the comics), and, presumably, the Wolverine movie will follow the X-men movie canon, and not the actual comic canon.

Mstrswrd:

Broken Wings:

MovieBob:

Let's watch the Wolverine trailer with everyone's favorite movie critic, MovieBob.

Watch Video

Dude just in case you were wondering. Wolverine always had claws even as a kid. They were just made of bone, that's how they shaped his metal claws.

Not to insult you, but I think he knows. He's a huge nerd, like many of us. He actually mentioned that it just doesn't fit in with the movie continuity, because the 1st one shows that the claws are mechanical in nature, and not natural (like in the comics), and, presumably, the Wolverine movie will follow the X-men movie canon, and not the actual comic canon.

When does it show that part with the claws?

Mstrswrd:

Broken Wings:

MovieBob:

Watch Video

Of course... they could have just replaced those bone claws with metal ones.. *shifty eyes*

The worst thing about this video is that I kinda see his point. I want the movie to be good but the whole trailer just scream "SUKITFOOLS!" with such ferociousness... like they don't really care that nothing looks even remotely close to the original comic book.

Of course we want to see something new and original but dont go cheap on us and remove everything that made X-men special to begin with.

Broken Wings:
When does it show that part with the claws?

After Wolverine is brought in by the X-Men, and give him X-Rays, and at one point, they all stand around discusssing his power and his skeleton. In this Moviebob vid, it's in 2:55 to 3:05.

RougeWaveform:

Of course... they could have just replaced those bone claws with metal ones.. *shifty eyes*

Technically, that probably would not be outside their (the Governments) power, to remove and then replace the bone claws with metal.

hurm.
My two favorite X-Men Chars.
Deadpool
Wolverine.
Following with Gambit, there I said it, but how awesome would it be to explode playing cards?
I however, did not think of him as a sex idol O_O

I already saw the movie and there isn't gonna be that rack in that outfit...

Broken Wings:
"When does it show that part with the claws?"

In the first and second film we see X-Rays of Wolverine's arms prominently displayed as props during various examinations. Those X-Rays show the three claw "blades" set into the center of his forearm on a spring-loaded hinge mechanism.

BobisOnlyBob:
YAY GAMBIT <3 <3 <3

Mitko8322:
They screwed up deadpool but they didn't.

WARNING SPOILER!

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

That's not cool. I was hoping he'd break the 4th wall and be the wise-cracking antihero I've known him to be. Not sure if I want to see it now.

so far it looks good but i'll reserve judgement untill i've seen it.

We already know how Sabretooth ends up looking from X-men 1.

wolf_isthebest:
We already know how Sabretooth ends up looking from X-men 1.

yep, he ditches his barber and turns tricks on the street to make ends meat/meet.

Saying that I quite liked the "homeless" look of the original villians.

A film I'd see if only because of the explodey fighty action. And it'll have plenty of that even if it doesn't have that rack in that outfit

This movie is effectively nothing but fan service. I don't mean that in a good way, I mean it'll probably only make sense or be enjoyable if you are a fan of the comics. The characters, once introduced, aren't fleshed out or even shown in enough action to be consideered entertaining. Its really sad that in a movie with Cyclops, Emma Frost, Weapon XI, Deadpool, Gambit and even Bolt, the most action packed sequence is effectively of two guys scrathing each other. Hell, I wanted to see some fucking combo shots.

I'd say this movie is definitely better than Knowing, but maybe on the same level as Watchmen for dissapointment.

MovieBob:
Broken Wings:
"When does it show that part with the claws?"

In the first and second film we see X-Rays of Wolverine's arms prominently displayed as props during various examinations. Those X-Rays show the three claw "blades" set into the center of his forearm on a spring-loaded hinge mechanism.

Why did he have to be underwater? It wouldn't accelerate the cooling any more than his normal body temperature, and considering the way it spiked, it wasn't doing shit to help keep that under control.

been Watching The Trailers for this, and... i really dont know how good this Actually will be, since they seem to throw a bunch of people in Together that may not actualy make a Coherent story

Seriously, after seeing how they fucked up Deadpool (exceeding even my worst expectations by ... a whole lot) they can stuff that movie where the sun don't shine.

http://www.geektyrant.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/deadpool-2.png

http://www.geektyrant.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/deadpool-3.png

http://generalsjoes.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/movie_deadpool.jpg

And no, that is not a fucking joke. The Merc with a mouth without a fucking mouth! But with Wolverine like swords in his arms, shooting lasers from the eyes and teleporting. WHAT THE FUCK?!

Indigo_Dingo:

[quote]Why did he have to be underwater? It wouldn't accelerate the cooling any more than his normal body temperature, and considering the way it spiked, it wasn't doing shit to help keep that under control.

Shortest likely answer: Because it'll look more cool when he jumps out. Likeliest fake-science-y answer: It's supposed to be working like a sensory-dep tank.

non_entity:
Seriously, after seeing how they fucked up Deadpool (exceeding even my worst expectations by ... a whole lot) they can stuff that movie where the sun don't shine.

http://www.geektyrant.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/deadpool-2.png

http://www.geektyrant.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/deadpool-3.png

http://generalsjoes.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/movie_deadpool.jpg

And no, that is not a fucking joke. The Merc with a mouth without a fucking mouth! But with Wolverine like swords in his arms, shooting lasers from the eyes and teleporting. WHAT THE FUCK?!

That's.... just wrong. I retract my previous statement - the maule one of my favorite characters in the Marvel universe, I'm not paying theater-price to see this movie. I'm sure the Wolverine parts of it are fine and a nice bit of eye-candy, but this movie has just dropped into the "rental" category for me.

I wasn't enjoying the review to begin with, but I think his style grew on me towards the end.
Also, I LOVE YOU GAMBIT!

Random argument man:

Abedeus:

Name justified...

Patrick_and_the_ricks:

Random argument man:

Abedeus:

Metal... Gear...?

the antithesis:
Eh, I'm not so interested.

Blah blah blah.

Frankly, I'm just tired of comic book movies sucking, for a number of reasons that is really too much to go into here. But even the victories in this area have been hollow ones. i.e. the first X-Men movie wasn't really that good, it was just amazing it didn't suck.

That sentence pretty much sums up all super hero movies with the possible exception of Robocop. Interesting how that one was not an adaptation. In all the rest something is missing. Something I can't quite define but it is something major.

Anyway, I've been shooting off my mouth like a good little forum poster long enough. Suffice to say that I am holding no hope for this movie. Even if they do put that rack into that outfit.

Alright, impress us. Go make a movie that doesn't suck.

Nerdfury:
Alright, impress us. Go make a movie that doesn't suck.

No. You do not deserve things that are good.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here