de-rez: Resident Evil 5 Debrief

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Resident Evil 5 Debrief

Shortly after his encounters in Africa, Chris Redfield is brought in for a debriefing.

Watch Video

Ahhh...I miss these. Even more low budget than usual with hand-guns and paper biceps...

Welcome back De-rez. I've not played Resident Evil, but still made me grin - poor Chris, Umbera everywhere, making him look insane ;)

Would be better if he had a wig or something to make him look more like Chris Redfield and less like Chris Slack

It's the only logical conclusion to the series...

FINGER GUN OF DE... pointless lulz.

Not bad. Also a good way of tackling the resi series. In reality it would seem like it makes no sense if explained.

This actually made a lot more sense than the 'real' plot...

This was more entertaining than the actual game.

Was the music in the credits taken from the Sims 2?
I have not played resident evil either but this was still excellent.

Now I want to play RE5 just to see the plot. xD Hilarious stuff. Good work.

Perhaps it was Zombie Malaria!

I half-expected his arms to be portrayed by watermelons, but I guess paper does the trick too.

Not as good as the previous ones... First Yahtzee and now de-rez, why... WHYYYYY!?

Best de-rez in a long while!

Loved the allusions to Raccoon City.

Thats the biggest forehead I ever seen... Sorry mate, but its the truth. You did your part well tough...BUT DAMN, what a big forehead.

Lack of any costume really killed it for me, gotta say. Good joke, but yeah, it wasnt ''immersive'' at all. My apologices for being negative, but it did look really amateurish. Like, I can see this kind of stuff anywhere. Youtube is full of this kind of stuff.

2/10 imo

Very good 'n' awesome.

No offense but you're not really trying anymore.
Lettin norn iron down

What organisation is tricell? I cant find the answer anywhere, are they like a splinter of umbrella?.. it was.. okay i surppose, but you can do so much better

Resident Evil 5 was so great, good job parodying it :)

I very much enjoyed it, and I really missed Chris Slack in my life. Thanks Chris!

Pandalisk:
What organisation is tricell? I cant find the answer anywhere, are they like a splinter of umbrella?

Pretty much

Never played Resident Evil 5, but I still loved this, it sounds like a really strange addition to the series... I must play it...

Did anyone else love the first gunshot noise? you know, when he was imitating blowing the African natives' brains out?

just me?

oh

Well done gentlemen! Hell, the plot is more plausible now!

"This is not paper this is my bulging biceps"
lol this was hilarious xP..
Good to see de-rez again..
though you guys might wanna pick up pace to not to get done by Doomsday arcade :D..

There is no situation that cannot be made more awkward by switching to charades instead of speaking.

"that this parasite might just be, malaria?"

..."oh...shit."

lol

If this was the plot behind Resident Evil 6 I might just buy it. lol.

Hmm...this would probably what would happen if RE5 was real...in an agents head.

Ah, I missed De-Rez. Damn flying bits of bacon with wings these days, they're out of control.

The writing of this piece was so top-notch that the lack of real costumes or characterization was completely overlooked. Substance over style, good show.

i used to love this series...slack always cracks me up and the RE5 bit was clever but kinda poorly done...must suck getting your arses kicked by the new kids on the block "doomsday arcade"...yeah i went there

IS there no-one I can say I really loved this than by saying I really really loved this? Except by sending you a big cheque of course.

The_State:
The writing of this piece was so top-notch that the lack of real costumes or characterization was completely overlooked. Substance over style, good show.

That's what I was gonna say. Funny thing though, the low budget-ness didn't stand out as much when everyone else on the site was low budget.

I dont see why people need costumes and stuff, RE5 is pretty real-world in looks and the writing is what matters; besides, the paper moustache/eyebrows were AWESOME. Real props just wouldnt be the same! And I dont need to have played much RE to know how much more sense this makes of it. An entertaining little watch :)

ElArabDeMagnifico:

The_State:

That's what I was gonna say. Funny thing though, the low budget-ness didn't stand out as much when everyone else on the site was low budget.

Seriously. No amount of budget or costumes can replace good acting and good writing.

The De briefer played his part extraordinarily greatly. I wouldn't be surprised if he had formal training, here's hoping we see more.

"NO! She's TRINITY from the matrix!"

That was abstract and funny, a great video. Hope we don't have to wait as long for the next episode as for this one.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here