Review: Plants vs. Zombies

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Review: Plants vs. Zombies

Plants vs. Zombies is one of those games you'll be happy to let live on your computer forever and ever.

Read Full Article

nooo not that song again!! :D

actually sounds like a fun game too

Looks a good wee game, but for 15 I can get a few pre-owned DS games instead. Does not look fun enough to be worth the investment sadly, despite the interestingness of it all

I spent about 10 minutes with this game getting it set up for the video capture and I was sold. That was even before finding out about the wealth of extras. The game is simply to fun and charming to pass up.

Theres a zombie on your lawn...we don't like zombies on our lawn...

DAMN THAT SONG!

What have they got lined up for the sequel? Cats versus Vampires?

>>
<<

I'll be back soon. "Hello, Popcap? I may have an idea for you..."

If there's anyone who could make Plants vs Zombies look interesting, it's the Escapist Sweetheart: Susan Arendt. Even still though, I just don't know if I can justify paying $10 for a game I've been playing for free on various Flash Game Archives for years now. :/

holy crap. plants vs zombies? plus a theme song that i can actually sing!? hec YES! next up should be "furniture vs aliens"!
"There are zombies on your lawn.." dun dun dun

chimmers:
Looks a good wee game, but for 15 I can get a few pre-owned DS games instead. Does not look fun enough to be worth the investment sadly, despite the interestingness of it all

Oh, it is.

chimmers:

Get it on Steam - tis cheaper!

WhiteTigerShiro:
If there's anyone who could make Plants vs Zombies look interesting, it's the Escapist Sweetheart: Susan Arendt. Even still though, I just don't know if I can justify paying $10 for a game I've been playing for free on various Flash Game Archives for years now. :/

Trust me, it's totally worth it. I totally understand where you're coming from, but it really, truly, genuinely is worth it. It's just a joy to play.

This is just awesome....AWESOME!

The steam version was 10€ (and you get Heavy Weapon Deluxe as a preorder bonus, still three hours until the game comes out on Steam), is that stripped down or something? I hope I didn't end up with a gutted version.

WhiteTigerShiro:

The multiple lanes and resource system do seem to differ from what TD games usually do...

A tower defence game without towers? MADNESS!

...actually it looks pretty awesome...

The_root_of_all_evil:

>>
<<

Just make sure you don't sign anything without carefully reading it first and having an eldritch language trained lawyer check it too.

If anyone's wondering about the value, Popcap's games, in my experience, don't need the disk to play once you've installed them, so you can share the fun with other people. I have a friend's computer right by mine, and we constantly compete at Peggle, and this will probably be next.

Gosh darn it Susan, you just cost me $30! (In kangaroo currency.)

Curse your persuasive words and my easily-bedazzled puzzle-loving brain.

DAMN YOU SUSAN, I AM BROKE AGAIN!

Also, shit, there's a zombie on my law, no, this is not the annoying song.

The_root_of_all_evil:

>>
<<

Cats vs. Vampires? Damn, I was hoping for Footstools vs. Werewolves.

Thanks a ton, Susan. That song brought a smile on an otherwise extremely depressing day. :)

A shame I'm still without a job and thus without moneys to spare for games...

I guess they could cross tower defense with Porrasturvat and create "Sleepwalkers vs Furniture"

Susan Arendt:

WhiteTigerShiro:

Trust me, it's totally worth it. I totally understand where you're coming from, but it really, truly, genuinely is worth it. It's just a joy to play.

ok i think i might get this game, but on a different note Ms. Arendt im going to pay you to record your voice on to a very long CD that i may fall asleep to. Your like Mr. Rogers with that calming review voice, sitting here at the office i wanted to fall asleep throughout this vid.

xmetatr0nx:

Susan Arendt:

WhiteTigerShiro:

ok i think i might get this game, but on a different note Ms. Arendt im going to pay you to record your voice on to a very long CD that i may fall asleep to. Your like Mr. Rogers with that calming review voice, sitting here at the office i wanted to fall asleep throughout this vid.

Um...I can't tell, is that a compliment? It sounds like one, but at the same time, being told I put people to sleep doesn't sound too good...

Why, oh why, does PopCap keep making these things? I just end up giving them money so I get addicted to a game and ignore my social life/work/spouse. They're like drug dealers, only legal.

Damn you Pop Cap why, WHY! ... all my prescious time gone...gone.

eh, well I woulda wasted it anyway.

My god this game is epic!

Within 5 minutes of the demo and looking at the vid i had mine ordered on Steam.

O hello buckethead zombie, KA BOOM SUCKA!!!!

The_root_of_all_evil:

i would buy this. Kittens reflect ultraviolet love rays and burn the pires.

That looks like something they should put on the iphone do it cause i wont buy it unless you do

I've been trying to decide just what to get my mom for Mother's Day and after reading (listening to) this review, my choice is now clear.

Hope she's ready to soil her plants!

I preorderd this on steam last week. I'm thoroughly pleased to hear my gamble paid off, lotsa fun :D

The_root_of_all_evil:

>>
<<

"Ahh, thank you Mister Root. Please sign here, and here. And here. And initial there. And sign to say you initialled there. And initial to indicate you initialled. And sign here, and here. Credit card number here. First-born child's name here. Oh, you need blood for that one, here, let me get you a knife. Right, that's the gag order preventing you from telling anyone else or selling your- I mean, OUR idea. Now, where did I put the rest of the paperwork?"

Susan Arendt:

xmetatr0nx:

Susan Arendt:

WhiteTigerShiro:

Um...I can't tell, is that a compliment? It sounds like one, but at the same time, being told I put people to sleep doesn't sound too good...

Yes, I believe that's supposed to be a compliment. You do have a very nice voice, Susan. I think you could actually promote Superman 64 as a good game if you used it. ;)

Any word of a console release or a handheld one?

Looks like fun.

I waited for this since your review two weeks ago, then I got to play the trial on the 4th. Very addicting, it ended too soon.

Now I'm out 20 bucks.

I must get this game now. Curse you and your words Susan.

really fun game, and bout the only game on steam thats apparently cheapest in EU instead of the us, which of cause means i would have bought it no matter how good it was just to rub it in the face of the US citizens, if they would ever take their face away from the cheese burgers that is

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here