Unskippable: Far Cry 2

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Ahh, there was a time when I didn't think Unskippable was funny. I was young, and a fool.

Loved every second, guys! Keep it up!

The Pokémon Snap reference had be rolling on the floor as well as the 3 Dog...I mean Hyena part.

"Do you see what I mean about the housing market? It's on fir.." "No!" Nice one.

I like the game, despite the fact that the guard posts re-man themselves if you look away for five minutes.

headshotcatcher:

Danzorz:

headshotcatcher:
Good as always, loved the 'Three Hyena' and the 'Real estate is on FIRE' jokes :D

Personally I didn't mind this cutscene in the game itself, it felt kind of in place.

Pankeyman:
Another awesome episode guys!

How can you know it's awesome before you have watched a minute of it?

Moron..

It was posted at 1:30.
It goes for 8:29.
You posted at 1:37.
Hypocrisy.
However I saw the entire thing.

Allow me to revise the best quotes.

"Annnnd I'm dead, short game"
"I have hands?"
"If there was one traffic light in the entire city, our guy would be stuck behind it"
"And to your left two locals debate the merits of jumping to their death to escape the cut-scene"
Stellar work guys.
However...
The housing market was on fi-

I skipped the intro and outro..

Then you missed a good bit of text at the end, its like the messages after a zero puncation video.

Brilliant. That's the difference between African cab drivers... Genius.

On rails looking at stuff intros are always awesome!

I love the way they let you...look at stuff.

Wonderful as always. Three Hyena was hilarious.

ssgt splatter:
Ok, how fast can you contract Maliria? He was there for maybe 15 minutes and then he passes out from the fever, that's pretty weak, but the video was funny.

I reckon it's not malaria, but just bad hayfever. The meds you take in the game are just Piriton.

Good ep.

ssgt splatter:
Ok, how fast can you contract Maliria? He was there for maybe 15 minutes and then he passes out from the fever, that's pretty weak, but the video was funny.

I'm not sure how quickly one gets maliria, but malaria can be contracted within hours of the first mosquito bite on landing. A friend of mine got bitten sometime between when he stepped off of the plane and got into the airport mid-afternoon while on holiday, and in the time it took him to get through customs, get his bags, get a taxi to the hotel, check in, unpack and head out to dinner he started getting symptoms.

Our hero in the game could have been in the country longer than just the jeep ride. ho knows how long he's been there.

I'm surprised there weren't many jokes about the speed in which all the voice actors are talking. It's like an episode of Gillmore Girls.
Still a great episode though, loved the Pokemon Snap reference.

Buffalomon is the best Pokemon ever.

Good episode. I still can't belive the begining cutscene takes place in a car for 8 minutes.

I wondered if you're gonna mention Half-Life cutscene, they bored me equally. It's a shame that Half-Life cutscene is as dead as it can be, so there's really no point in making fun of it (unless you do it, it'll be awesome xD)

First thing I thought when I bought this game was unskippable should do this one lol

Nice tunnel pic there CosmicGrenade...

Just as 'Yahtzee' said earlier in his review of Far Cry 2...
It's pretty pathetic for the protagonist mercenary to get malaria,
pass out and be discovered by the arms dealer, that he was sent to kill.

"Your character probably lost a hell of a lot of lunch money at mercenary school." -'Yahtzee'

At least, since he doesn't speak the protagonist is already less irritating / pathetic than Cappel.
Anyways, another good episode guys.

Here are a couple of my favourite lines from this episode.

"Hi, I'm John from Crytek, you know our engine can make amazing, expansive outdoor environments.
In case it wasn't really obvious by now."- Paul Saunders

"And on your right, two locals debate the merits of jumping to their death,
as a way of escaping the cut-scene."- Graham Stark

I picked up this game a few weeks ago and when I saw the opening I thought that it would be perfect for an Unskippable.. awesome.

RTR:
Graham and Paul made this the best safari ride ever.
I think it's nice they make references of previous games

References yes, calling by name no. If it's not a game you've done a scene of, using its name is one thing, but when it's one that you have it comes off as weird to me.

Here's some examples from this video and others.
Good:
"That was the Xth time I died."
"But can he play the flute?" (this line saved the line listed as "bad" from being listed as "awful")

Bad:
"I'm getting some severe flashbacks to The Darkness."
"Would you say he's been more or less useful than Cappel from Infinite Undiscovery?"

Lol I like the typo at the end "credtis."
Other than that though, I was kind of waiting for this, it was my own personal candidate for crappy cutscenes.

Pankeyman:

Abedeus:

Pankeyman:
Another awesome episode guys!

How did you watch it in few miliseconds?

About the video - Houses in Africa really are on fi... sorry.

Can't... handle... small-talk...

I just wanted to be first, sorry if I caused any harm. But I did watch after I commented.

What is this weird obsession about being the first post? Do you get a cookie or something?

been w8ing 4 this video long time now.
gj, but honestly it probably is one of slowest most frustrating intros ever.
the social commentary made me really lol!

"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo," is a grammatically correct sentence (there's a Wikipedia article on it).
Loved the Crazy Taxi reference.
I immediately thought about Fallout 3 when the radio turned on.

Haha, this one has really quick remarks, loved it. And the buffalomon was genious. I love when you interrupt each other with counter-remarks.

Its like I'm getting sex only once a week but when I finally get it it is totally worth the wait.
Allthough I should get some more now that I got a gf. Omg I got a gf! But she's not that into sex. -Yet, I hope- I wonder if I should keep nagging to get sex or become totally "uninterested in sex" so see if SHE starts nagging. Or I'll not get any at all... Tough decition.

Haha, threehyena :P

"The housing market here is on f-"
"NO."

Biggest laughs I've gotten watching these. Good job.

This is Three-Hyena!

I loved that, I had to pause til I stopped laughing.

Also, I love how you included Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo (that's the correct capitalization) It makes nerds like me happy.

Great episode. I liked all those nods from previous Unskippables. Is this a recurring theme now (Much like the "getting Eternal Sonata flashbacks" bit from Ace Combat 6)?

i love the darkness refrence
the shot at infinite undiscovered
I like pokemon snap refecne
fallout 3 refrence "Three Hyena"
I love the real estate is on fire!
and the "If there was one traffic light in the entire city, our guy would be stuck behind it"
"And to your left two locals debate the merits of jumping to their death to escape the cut-scene" and Wow! A non destroyed car! By local standards that's like having a Lexus!

God that was great - you took the single most boring cut scene of all time and turned it into that. That was fantastic.

Haha, a badass, notorious mercenary somehow proves useless because he's untested, and has no musical ability, unlike a certain incarcerated pussy (if only because of a certain combat tutorial).
I'd like to think he did more just by not talking.

You guys must be awesome on roadtrips.
You can make passing vast, desolate landscapes and droning, mindless small-talk into a hilarious comedy tour.

timmytom1:
"Annnd i`m dead"
-"hummm short game"
i wish it ended the actual game ended there as it all goes downhill from that point onwards

agreed, the game could have been SO MUCH better.

First time I've ever not enjoyed one of these. It was bound to happen eventually.

I think you guys are at your best when making jokes about dialog. There was a lot of dialog just talked over for situational humor that ultimately fell flat for me. Was there really nothing usable from what the driver was saying during those times? I get the feeling it may have been better if you made jokes about or with the driver more of the time.

Anyways, they pay you guys to do this and not me. Hope next week is better.

Need to make some clarifications here:

1. Crytek had nothing to do with this game. Ubisoft made Far Cry 2. Not Crytek.
2. The Dunia engine was built from the ground up. It does not have any Cryengine 1 code in it at all.

The odd decent one liner but, as usual MST3k still needn't be worried at this point.

Chris B Chikin:
Meh. Wasn't so happy with this one. The intro was bland and uninteresting before the guys got to it and I got the impression they were running out of stuff to take the piss out of.

Are you forgetting About all the other games
(I can only think of Halo 3 Resident evil 5 they did that HAZE (The "crappy" Halo for PS3)
probably other resident evils, oh yeah.
GEAR OF WAR. Yeah...
Oh yeah..

Wasnt that funny, but not their fault. All that driving left no room for humour.

warfjm:
Need to make some clarifications here:

1. Crytek had nothing to do with this game. Ubisoft made Far Cry 2. Not Crytek.
2. The Dunia engine was built from the ground up. It does not have any Cryengine 1 code in it at all.

GRAAAH YOU DIPSHIT!!! ME ANGRY NOW!!!

Honestly, don't correct people i you are WRONG. Farcry 2 was a) made by Crytek but PUBLISHED by Ubisoft b) Using the Cryengine.

ONLY ME KILLS ME!
Only funny part.
Me sad now.
Unskippable I hope they do HAZE
cause I always make fun of it.

sirdanrhodes:
It wasn't crytek...

Yeah, it was Ubisoft Montreal that shat out this half-baked crysis rip off!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here