Alt+Escape: Today I Die

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Alt+Escape: Today I Die

Today I Die is poetry in motion - literally.

Read Full Article

Wow... that was... a very powerful story. Color me thoroughly impressed, I really liked that game.

Make sure you try to get both endings!

Man that thing had emo written all over it, well until the cheesy Hollywood ending.

Am I the only one not digging this?

Keane Ng:

*sigh*. I don't know if your joking or not, so I'll probably be playing this game for awhile now... darn-it.

Somone else, please verify so that I don't waste to much time on this thing.

Mstrswrd:

Keane Ng:

*sigh*. I don't know if your joking or not, so I'll probably be playing this game for awhile now... darn-it.

Same here, I dunno if I could manage to figure out a second ending. I struggled enough with the first...

SharPhoe:

Mstrswrd:

Keane Ng:

Same here, I dunno if I could manage to figure out a second ending. I struggled enough with the first...

He isn't joking, the second one is a bit more...well tongue in cheek, I guess.

Brotherofwill:

SharPhoe:

Mstrswrd:

Keane Ng:

Yeah, I actually got it just before right this very second (aka, about 4 seconds ago).

Brotherofwill:
Man that thing had emo written all over it, well until the cheesy Hollywood ending.

I don't know if I'd call it emo, per se.

Brotherofwill:

SharPhoe:

Mstrswrd:

Keane Ng:

Aww, do I have to go play again?? I'm at work! Can someone explain it to me?

CantFaketheFunk:

Brotherofwill:

Yea, that was more of a joke because of the title and the connotations to bad poetry, you know?

It isn't emo, but the lines aren't exactly uplifting.

Baby Tea:

Aww, do I have to go play again?? I'm at work! Can someone explain it to me?

Man you know that great feeling when you achieved some goal or unlocked some secret in a video game? Not gonna spoil it, buddy.

this was great, but now I need to get the other ending

Ah, I just got it too. Don't worry, its not nearly as hard as you may think.

I´ve got it! And both endings actually. It was fun trying to find out how the hell do you play this, but the story turned out to be a bit of a cliché. Well, I can live with that. At least the game itself was something new and exciting. I´m pleased.

CantFaketheFunk:

Brotherofwill:

Ungroundable?

Huh. I really enjoyed that. Normally, I'm far too impatient to figure out how to play something, but I really enjoyed this.

This must have been one of the best puzzle solving games I've ever played. The whole idea of trying to figure out how to play was awesome.

I thought it was a beautiful ending but the replayability sucks. I won't play it again but I'll recommend it to others.

I need a spoiler. I can't figure out how to play?

That was...something incredible.

That was interactive poetry, right there.

Really great poetry, and spectacular music.Liked the second ending more than the first, for some reason.

For those who need help finding the second ending the biggest hint I will give is that you only need to do one thing differently to get the second ending.

Took me a few minutes but I found both endings. I really like this game. It's very artistic.

MegMurph:

MegMurph:

For anyone having trouble, here's how to get started:

I found it interesting, and an interesting little puzzle. It's like a very stripped down version of the different 'escape' flash games. With poetry.

I think I may have gotten the second ending first. I liked that one better.

Virgil:

I found it interesting, and an interesting little puzzle. It's like a very stripped down version of the different 'escape' flash games. With poetry.

And good music.

Brotherofwill:

If by "emo", you mean "facing personal demons and coming back from depression and possibly being suicidial to find a life worth living", then sure, it's "emo".

At least, that's how I interpenetrated it. And I loved it.

Well that was the best thing i've found on the net for quite some time, thanks Funk, and Keane for telling me there was a 2nd ending :)

Brotherofwill:

That's a rather unintelligent thing to say.
The initial poem was powerful in its darkness, sorrow and simplicity, much like a well-done Haiku. To see it change into something equally beautiful but more optimistic as you progressed was very emotionally strong.
Also, the second ending was amazing:

Clashero:

Brotherofwill:

That's a rather unintelligent thing to say.
The initial poem was powerful in its darkness, sorrow and simplicity, much like a well-done Haiku. To see it change into something equally beautiful but more optimistic as you progressed was very emotionally strong.
Also, the second ending was amazing:

I already said that my emo comment was a joke, just a silly reference to the title of the game and poetry as the subject matter.

I honestly thought that it was pretty mediocre, usually I'm all over games that strive to be different or more intelectually challenging. Second ending was the only thing I really liked :D

Very, very good soundtrack.

That was great. At first I thought it was going to be one of those terribly obscure things taht I would never figure out, but it really wasn't too bad.

As for the second ending though. I guess I'll need to go back for another shot then...

Edit: Got it, that wasn't too hard either. It's pretty much the only thing you can do differently anyway.

That was cool, it was wierd at times but I figured it out. I really liked that game.

That was... nice.

Great game, second ending was an amusing tidbit.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here