Unskippable: Lost Odyssey

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Heh, what the hell is with the hats? And the siege machines?

Of course that guy can kick all their arses, he's like the only thing on the entire battlefield that's not ridiculously top heavy.

Yes, we've played it, I get it. Just because it is a relatively good game doesn't make up for that cutscene making little to no sense at all and thus being completely unskippable worthy. They don't just take cutscenes from bad games.

First one in a while that I rewatched. The reboot reference was amazing and completely unexpected. The fourth time I died seemed to much like fan service and would have worked better several places before now in previous videos.

This is the first Unskippable done for a game I've actually played. Brilliantly done, although Lost Odyssey is possibly my favorite RPG on the 360.

i liked the one helmets aside from that if i saw that after i just this new game and stuck in my machine id be like great iv bought a pile w**k and they have ripped off onimisuhu 3

It was good, but it feels to me as if the unskipable videos are getting shorter each week.

I don't get the volcano thing since I haven't played that game. Somebody needs to explain this to me.

Samman:

ssgt splatter:
Ok, yeah, so what was with the lava raining down from the sky?
This is why I don't like RPGs, they make no sense.

The event in the cutscene is referred to throughout the game as a meteor falling on the battlefield (through the use of magic!).

That was not a meteor. Meteors do not hover over head and dump torrents of lava from the sky. I don't care what they said in the game. All they needed to do was say it was magic, really. A tactical-scale weapon of mass destruction spell. We're gamers, we'd accept magic. Not a meteor.

For those who insist that this is a good game and shouldn't be MST3K'd in this fashion, I'd like to point out that they aren't making fun of the GAME, they're making fun of the cutscene. The scene, by itself, makes no sense at all. A bunch of guys in silly helmets are killing each other, then this guy shows up and slices his way through a quarter of one of the armies and then lava pours down from the sky obliterating everyone except him. Good game or not, the cutscene is just totally WTF.

Great job on making scene part of binary code :P

Loved the Reboot reference.

OH GOD, I HAVE KILLED THOUSANDS OF ZEROS AND ONES!

Random Wanderer:

Samman:

ssgt splatter:
Ok, yeah, so what was with the lava raining down from the sky?
This is why I don't like RPGs, they make no sense.

The event in the cutscene is referred to throughout the game as a meteor falling on the battlefield (through the use of magic!).

That was not a meteor. Meteors do not hover over head and dump torrents of lava from the sky. I don't care what they said in the game. All they needed to do was say it was magic, really. A tactical-scale weapon of mass destruction spell. We're gamers, we'd accept magic. Not a meteor.

For those who insist that this is a good game and shouldn't be MST3K'd in this fashion, I'd like to point out that they aren't making fun of the GAME, they're making fun of the cutscene. The scene, by itself, makes no sense at all. A bunch of guys in silly helmets are killing each other, then this guy shows up and slices his way through a quarter of one of the armies and then lava pours down from the sky obliterating everyone except him. Good game or not, the cutscene is just totally WTF.

Hyperbole! All the cutscenes in the game are over-the-top and pretty silly (although this one had the largest dose of silly hats for sure). The game has a pretty serious undertone with the short story dream sequences but there is also a lot of humor. Pretty much any part of the game with either Jensen or that General guy is hilarious.

I'll never force-quit Barbie's Horse Adventures again.

On a side note to anyone that played Lost Odyssey. Was it just absurdly easy at the end of the game or what? I had immunities to everything and all attacks healed me. It was ridiculous. The entire 4th disk I just breezed through it. Great game while it lasted though. Story was superb.

"Stop, Dave. It's hammer time."

Win.

The computer analogy was hilarious too.

God I hate JRPGs. Keep making fun of them. They deserve it.

Daisy... Daaiiiissssyyyy....

Thank god I finally finished "2001: a Space Odyssey" last night or else I wouldn't have gotten that.

The Reboot references alone make this episode pure win. Throw in the callback to Eternal Sonata and the references to 2001... it's going to be tough to beat this one.

The guy in the video was an Immortal just like Cher and Dolly Parton.

Long time watcher, first time poster (ranted on Yahtzee's Brawl review once, that doesn't count).

This was one of the best Unskippables yet. I don't know if the lack of dialogue helped, since that allowed a lot of free room for interpretation, but this one seemed a lot richer than the others. The ReBoot bits really made my day.

10/10 would watch again. Keep it up!

Edit: Also, I should add that Unskippable is thoroughly more enjoyable now than Zero Punctuation. That's both a compliment to Unskippable and a jab at ZP, which lost it's spunk some time around Spore in my opinion.

Awesome job guys! You are what got me to visit the Escapist in the first place, and you are what keep me coming back. Keep up the good work!

I loved the computer references.
"See, this is what happens when you overclock your computer."

I like of all the impossible things this game had, (the guy not dying from lava, blocking fire blasters with a sword...ect) You pick that he can't cut through the armor!

Analogy to computers = the win.

lol i love when they bring up the "that was the # time i died" jokes.

water wave tanks. heh :)
but l.o come on ain't that stuff sacred? I guess not :P

I find this very much amusing, I loved watching it :P

OK, I admit I have not been liking this series of late. It seems to have gotten stale a couple months back. The last thing I distinctly remember laughing at was the Giant Artichoke not being "lightly simmered", which still gets me every time. But this... this was good. I laughed again, finally. It helps that this cutscene was thoroughly ludicrous all by itself -- I mean, what the hell HAPPENED anyway? -- but the running gag about ones and zeroes and the HAL references really made this. Also, "the fourth time I died." Pfffff!

I love the game, but like the opening of Eternal Sonata, this was one DAMN silly cutscene. The good thing about Lost Odyssey though, is once you can take control of the main character he's still just as powerful.

Triple G:
So fuckin' ridiculous cutscene, that's what I hate about Japanese games. Yes, of course you can block a twin-linked flamethrower with a sword *rolleyes*

Twin-linked? Warhammer 40k reference? 'Cuz I don't remember any twin-linked flamers in that game.

As for this one, I agree. That has to be the most ridiculous looking battle I've ever seen. The silly hats (ZP anyone?) just had me laughing.

And yes, those siege weapons are quite impractical. Then again, all siege weapons are impractical unless being used for a, oh, I dunno, SIEGE.

Can't wait for next week's Unskippable.

hah, STOP DAVE its hammer time

best joke EVARR

the video isnt working for me :( this has dampened my week

Unskippable strikes again

One of your guys' best, I must say!

Oh noes poor 1's and 0's...
... on the other hand those bastards make may computer crash !!DIE BITCHES!!

Reboot FTW? Who agrees :) ?

I will never look at my computer the same way again... Great vid, guys.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here