The Escapist Presents: TF2 Tournament: Intro

TF2 Tournament: Intro

EMN begins coverage of The Escapist's Team Fortress 2 Tournament, brought to you by Razer.

Watch Video

Should be fun, given the amount of members around here that play it.

Well I'm definatly going to buy TF2 this week. My steam is "Pankeyman". I don't have TF2 yet but I will soon, feel free to add me to your friends and ask me to join your team.

I'm grabbing a bunch of friends to enter this with me.
Chances are we won't do too well, as I'm the only person used to dealing with ping upwards of one hundred and fifty, but that won't stop me!

Pankeyman:
Well I'm definatly going to buy TF2 this week.

You mean you haven't already? Shame.

Abedeus:

Pankeyman:
Well I'm definatly going to buy TF2 this week.

You mean you haven't already? Shame.

Yeah, I got Portal a while back and I really liked it, might as well try other Valve games, right? Man, I really want TF2, I'm gonna get it this week for sure.

Sounds very fun, but I'm not sure if I can participate, living in Norway... My ping for the Escapist server is 130-180, so...

So...Nothing for us console gamers...again.

SomeBritishDude:

You find me a way to track scoring and the back-end stats on ANY console game and I will be more than willing to look into it.

what movie was it that ran in the background in the studio?

also Scaj22 medic/pyro look me up ^^

swaki:

also Scaj22 medic/pyro look me up ^^

Not sure about the video, but make sure you put you info into the TF2 Forum. There is a thread open for "Looking for a team".

swaki:

It's the Meet the [blank] movies, you should google for TF2 Meet the Staff.

Anyway, who wants to team up with me :D

headshotcatcher:

swaki:

It's the Meet the [blank] movies, you should google for TF2 Meet the Staff.

Anyway, who wants to team up with me :D

Try here: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/519.113499

i dont play TF2, however i would like to see other events like this. any plans for the near future? possibly a good old fashioned Starcraft tourny before the release of SC2?
also

SomeBritishDude:

the only game possible would be Shadowrun at the moment i think

We need a "find other TF2 players for the tournament" thread. An official one. That is, unless this one can double for that. If so, then disregard what I just said.

Earthbound:
We need a "find other TF2 players for the tournament" thread. An official one. That is, unless this one can double for that. If so, then disregard what I just said.

Follow the links in Spinwhiz's posts above, they go to that very thread in the TF2 Tournament forum sub-section, which you should also be able to get to from the forums index.

I'd totally get in on this but...I don't have TF2 for the computer -.- Oh well, still sounds like fun.

cool a tourney, booo only US residents will be able to compete

Do you know what times the matches will be held during the tournament?
I'd really like to participate, but I'm very busy studying for finals right now.

LlamaNL:

Aw darn... it's like that almost every time...

US only? That sucks.

The guys making these movies sure love the gesture where they swing their one arm upwards, pointing.

Yay TF2. Oh no US only.

Why does there always have to be a badge?

Why CP? WHY! All scrim standards are arena. Plus arena is a lot shorter therefore easier to work with.

LlamaNL:

WinterSoldier:

LlamaNL:

Kstreitenfeld:
US only? That sucks.

Bob_Bobbington:
Yay TF2. Oh no US only.

The tournament is open to non-US residents.

AstorSapolsky:
The guys making these movies sure love the gesture where they swing their one arm upwards, pointing.

For now, the only gestures available are the built-in moves that Valve uses. It's all pointing, fists, and shrugs for the most part. Stay tuned - one of the improvements on my list is to add more variety in gestures.

Nitehammer:
Do you know what times the matches will be held during the tournament?
I'd really like to participate, but I'm very busy studying for finals right now.

It depends on your team. We are going to have our servers open for quite some time to give everyone a chance to play.

SomeBritishDude:

Yeah I was really looking forward to this until i remembered I only have it for Xbox. Man, im gonna get it for PC - consoles havent even gotten the new maps yet, let alone the gear >.<

Slycne:

Well that will teach me to actually read the rules instead of jumping on the bandwagon.

Slycne:

LlamaNL:

WinterSoldier:

LlamaNL:

Kstreitenfeld:
US only? That sucks.

Bob_Bobbington:
Yay TF2. Oh no US only.

ofc. its open to non-us residents, but no one is gonna be able to compete on any level with a 175ms ping minimum

LlamaNL:

ofc. its open to non-us residents, but no one is gonna be able to compete on any level with a 175ms ping minimum

Dude, I play on American servers regularly and pwn trained donators. You just compensate for ping.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here