The Escapist Show: Episode 29: Terminator: Salvation

Episode 29: Terminator: Salvation

This week on The Escapist Show, we talk to Cos Lazouras, President of Halcyon Games, about Terminator: Salvation.

This week's musical guest:

Ian Dorsch - "Escapist Show Theme"

Watch Video

LOL, what in the world is with those cats?!

Russ, do you have no shame?

Yeah, Go Escapist Show. Hey... that rhymes!

Kuliani:
LOL, what in the world is with those cats?!

I have been enlightened:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/6.107013

sirdanrhodes:
Russ, do you have no shame?

No shame. Marginal talent. Welcome to my life ;)

the cats were a good laugh, and the game looks like it could be incredibly mediocre or actually quite fun. haven't seen enough of it to judge at the moment though.

Those cats were kick ass!

Cos Lazouras sure likes to mumble. Not that I mind, I don't even like the IP and the game looks pretty interesting.

You can have a million kitties revolting but in the end the revolution will stop and you will obey the canine society.

Also finally a terminator game not made by LJC the horrible developer badge of bad movie games.

...ESTABLISHING CONNECTION...
...TRANSFERRING NEW ORDERS...
...TERMINATE TARGET...
...END TRANSMISSION...

DDKR strikes again! Watch for DDKR on tour this summer opening for Dio!! Tour dates coming soon!

game = fail
Russ = win
ddkr = super epic win

Wow, so much hate for the game. Have any of you actually played it yet?

Personally, I think it looks very good. I'll be very much looking forward to playing it.

haha nice use of the Tippmann paintball gun there. Also did they not get Christian Bale for any of the voice acting, maybe its me but it didnt sound like him in those clips. Game doesnt look too bad over all, definitely a rental though.

I am I alone in the fact that the I believe the Terminator movies were mediocre at best!!!

Am hoping the game proves to be good though...

Its good to see the Kitty Revolution is still in full swing. As for the game: it looked pretty good. I was never a fan of the films but the game looks to have promise.

DonhardT:
I am I alone in the fact that the I believe the Terminator movies were mediocre at best!!!

Your not alone. I liked the first one, the second was ok'ish (mostly just a collection of over the top stunts and CGI) and the third one was pretty bad. I enjoy the basic concept behind the story and the ideas that they briefly touch on in the movies, but then they fill it with too much "we have to make as much money as possible so lets fill it with meaningless crap eye candy".

Im hoping that Terminator: Salvation will be a reboot and save the Terminator series. We shall see!

ps. DDKR!!

Cats was trippy. Good video.

''its like the IP holy grail and thats why we are going to make a shit game about it and make money anyway''

My favorite part of the video was when the phone and gps were attacking you :P. I liked the one liners they said.

So basically, you guys will just focus on anyone who'll bother talking to you, right? Before it seemed you talked about games that could be good, but this....

George Palmer:

DonhardT:

Your not alone. I liked the first one, the second was ok'ish (mostly just a collection of over the top stunts and CGI) and the third one was pretty bad. I enjoy the basic concept behind the story and the ideas that they briefly touch on in the movies, but then they fill it with too much "we have to make as much money as possible so lets fill it with meaningless crap eye candy".

Im hoping that Terminator: Salvation will be a reboot and save the Terminator series. We shall see!

ps. DDKR!!

The first movie still holds up extremely well, the second one, not so much. Once the "ZOMG!!" of the special effects wears off (they really were quite amazing at the time), the movie loses much of its luster. Also, Edward Furlong can't act his way out of a paper bag.

Let's not even talk about the third movie. (Although it did have a fairly cool ending.)

Great vid! Also, the credits KILLED me!

"My favorite part of the video was when the phone and gps were attacking you :P. I liked the one liners they said."

That was my favorite part too! You have keen ear for good writing.

What was the Cats song?

Ram Jam, The Who, Michael Jackson, all classics possibly wrote in attics, but got me beat this week.

George Palmer:
DDKR strikes again! Watch for DDKR on tour this summer opening for Dio!! Tour dates coming soon!

Or rather, DDKRRB (Dance Dance Kitty Rock Band)

Am I right?

"Or rather, DDKRRB (Dance Dance Kitty Rock Band) Am I right?"

No. Doug Dwayne Karl Reginald.

Anyone figure out this weeks artist and album yet? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I loved the attack of the answerphone and GPS! :) (And DDKR, of course.)

The running title should be, "Gears of War: Salvation" by the looks of it.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here