Alt+Escape: Amateur Surgeon

Alt+Escape: Amateur Surgeon

It's Trauma Center, except with pizzacutters and stapleguns instead of scalpels and sutures.

Read Full Article

Oh dear, this seems hilariously bad and so much fun. Time to give it a go.

Damn you, Alt+Escape! So many flash games I have to try.

Hehe, I spotted this about a week ago. I was wondering when you were going to get around to it.

I can't figure out the corkscrew thing :P Evilness!

This just in, mother sues game developers of "Amateur Surgeon", after she treated her daughter's wounds with a stapler, lighter and tried to relieve her pain by giving her an injection with a corkscrew.

ckeymel:
I can't figure out the corkscrew thing :P Evilness!

You have to select the corkscrew, then the salve and click anywhere.. hold it down and follow the red zone around! He didn't mention that, but I found it in the help section (bottom left).

Hahaha, I love this.

I've actually been playing this game for a couple of years now. Its really fun, but gets impossibly hard about the time you get to the abandonded hospital.

Indigo_Dingo:
I've actually been playing this game for a couple of years now. Its really fun, but gets impossibly hard about the time you get to the abandonded hospital.

Well then its probably not a good thing I got stuck on about the fourth patient...

needausername:

Indigo_Dingo:

Well then its probably not a good thing I got stuck on about the fourth patient...

You just need practised hands. It has a very low tolerance for mistakes

Indigo_Dingo:

needausername:

Indigo_Dingo:

I replayed after posting and got to the first chainsaw encounter, and I can't be bothered with it right now.

needausername:

Indigo_Dingo:

needausername:

Indigo_Dingo:

I replayed after posting and got to the first chainsaw encounter, and I can't be bothered with it right now.

Thats nothing, wait until you get to the spider nest inside the guys stomach.

So, the principals name is Alan Probe...? They just had to do that, didn't they?

really bad game, way to hard, and not hard in the i takes a precise cut to make it but bad in as bad design, some times you have to burn the scar from a certain direction and theres no way to know which way before your patients heart rate has gone down

Mariena:
This just in, mother sues game developers of "Amateur Surgeon", after she treated her daughter's wounds with a stapler, lighter and tried to relieve her pain by giving her an injection with a corkscrew.

Hah, you know what? That wouldn't actually surprise me. Let's just hope that the disbarred Jack Thompson doesn't frequent Adult Swim in his quest to find 'offensive' and 'violent' games...

That said, this is a tough game, but still pretty fun. Good choice, Funk :D

I hate you. ;D
:edit:
after playing it again I still feel the same way. =P

This game is pretty fun, I have it on my iTouch.

Ooooo an [adult swim] game. Floor it! is still my favorite of their's. Though Orphan Fest deserves an honorable mention.

Indigo_Dingo:

needausername:

Indigo_Dingo:

Practised hands? I can't get past Peter on Act 3, and that's not because of my lack of "practised hands". Instead, I'd like to blame the really poor hit detection. Normal and isolated wounds are no problem, but once you get to poison.. oh boy. Three tiny cuts right next to each other? The game hasn't got a clue what you're trying to burn.

I never understand how this got on the App store.... Doesn't seem very, family safe for Apple :P

that game's great

This game is hilarious.

I've just realised that I'll never become a surgeon.

Mariena:

Indigo_Dingo:

needausername:

Indigo_Dingo:

Practised hands? I can't get past Peter on Act 3, and that's not because of my lack of "practised hands". Instead, I'd like to blame the really poor hit detection. Normal and isolated wounds are no problem, but once you get to poison.. oh boy. Three tiny cuts right next to each other? The game hasn't got a clue what you're trying to burn.

That is were im stuck as well. I just can't suck up all the poison before it respawns, because it seems like the vacuum cleaner rather wants to suck up the blood instead, which means he bleeds to dead before i can even taken care of all the poison. And that's after i pumped his heartrate up to about 150 with the cockscrew beforehand. That caused me to stop playing.

Cute - better than Trauma Center! I still reach a point where I'm not fast enough though...and there's not button with which to call for adrenaline or a couple of units of whole blood...

Blimey, it's quite hard... but still entertaining enough to distract me from my hangover so that's alright.

EDIT: Okay, I seriously can't get past the fat guy where you have to chainsaw his ribcage. It tells me I'm either too slow or inaccurate. Any ideas?

waaah there are three more pages of patients? q.q

thecaptainof:
Blimey, it's quite hard... but still entertaining enough to distract me from my hangover so that's alright.

EDIT: Okay, I seriously can't get past the fat guy where you have to chainsaw his ribcage. It tells me I'm either too slow or inaccurate. Any ideas?

You just have to do it reasonably fast without taking your finger off the mouse button. You can go back, just don't let go.

I played the online version and I have to say that it's pretty repetitive, a boring storyline, and is overall a pretty much bad game I would say for the computer but I guess it would be a different experience on the wii so I can't be the one to judge.

they have this for the iPod too. I tried both versions but they are very repetitive. I got bored after the 3rd patient, since nothing really changed. The game was more for humour than for actual gameplay, it was really like a messed up memory of the popular board game "Operation."

I Remember the "ZOMBIE CANCER!!!" in truma center. Man that was so gad damn funny. Didnt make a bit of sense.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here