There Will Be Brawl: Episode Five

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Seamus8:
One question about the accents:

I understand how neccesary it is to give all the characters accents from different parts of the world. Some are well done, some are well done for charicatures, some slip a bit, and some slip almost all the time (Samus lol). Gannondorf however is a mystery to me, it sounds more like he's slightly hiding a real bx accent than trying to contrive one. Could it be that he's actually from my hometown? Or has it just been too long since I've been there?

I noticed that Luigi's accent dropped a hell of a lot since the first episode, this one sounded a lot like he's just adding "a" for a comedic "Oh I get it, Italians always-a speak-a like this-a" type thing.

But this series is far too good to nitpick, I love that most of the SSB characters have been giving a gritty, darkish realism. And it's funny that Luigi is standing up and being a man about this.

DDD was very well done, and so was the fight.

Mookie_Magnus:

Was that person in the orange scarf the Rival from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum? It looked like him.

It was Issac from Golden Sun. He was a trophy assist in Brawl, and I checked the credits after I noticed him and it was confirmed that it was him.

Jiveturkey124:

Aktrez:
I'm honestly not doing an accent so, whatever you hear slipping is possibly a made up accent that you THINK I'm trying to do. ha ha.

"I dont even remember samus doing an accent".

-Jive

i dont think samus needs an accent. if she was to have one i dont think it would go down to well

I loved the pikmin part. I also love the idea of Samus being a stripper. She needs a stronger role, by the way. In fact, all of the female characters do.

It's pretty funny with the retarded monkey mask. Also, the lack of sound effects makes it much less dramatic...

I'm just waiting to find out that its Master Hand pulling all the strings...

BUT, this is the best episode so far (4 was the worst)

And awesome dramatic twist at the end!

hopeneverdies:
Bit late, but I don't care, the plot really moved along. Huge cliffhanger, whoever it is really disembowels their victims. And I really like the idea of the new jobs for all the minor female characters. No I am not perverted, it just fits with the show, somehow. Probably don't wanna look too hard into Malon's bit though.

peduncle:
AWESOME! who will be disemboweled next?

He wasn't disemboweled... disemboweled means that they got their heads chopped off.

FROGGEman2:

hopeneverdies:
Bit late, but I don't care, the plot really moved along. Huge cliffhanger, whoever it is really disembowels their victims. And I really like the idea of the new jobs for all the minor female characters. No I am not perverted, it just fits with the show, somehow. Probably don't wanna look too hard into Malon's bit though.

peduncle:

He wasn't disemboweled... disemboweled means that they got their heads chopped off.

dis·em·bow·el (dsm-boul)
tr.v. dis·em·bow·eled or dis·em·bow·elled, dis·em·bow·el·ing or dis·em·bow·el·ling, dis·em·bow·els
1. To remove the entrails from.
2. To deprive of meaning or substance.

My only gripe with Brawl is that it can be difficult to make out what is being said, given how many in-jokes and obscurer references there are this can make it difficult to follow.

Lil Mac going down in the third... do I sense a reference to Pulp Fiction? Very nicely done. The character designs always get. Nice job with Dedede, Saria, Malon... everything.

-Orgasmatron-:

FROGGEman2:

hopeneverdies:

peduncle:

dis·em·bow·el (dsm-boul)
tr.v. dis·em·bow·eled or dis·em·bow·elled, dis·em·bow·el·ing or dis·em·bow·el·ling, dis·em·bow·els
1. To remove the entrails from.
2. To deprive of meaning or substance.

Haha yea, I was thinking the same thing, They all got disemboweled!! It does not mean they got their heads chopped off, whoever wrote that must be either 5 or illiterate.

-Jive

I think that Frogg was thinking Decapitated. It's OK sweetie, we love you anyway! :x

This one was the best episode so far. I loved it when Mario was knocked down and there was a sign right behind him that said "No Brawling".

Yay, good episode. I am happy, I was worried that the new episode wouldn't come out when it was late. Good job production people! You all get +1 life points.

Wow. Really great job, guys. You guys seem to be getting better and better at what you're doing here.

Let's see, this episode especially. I loved the inclusion of Saria, Malon, and all those women. That was really well done. Olimar's scene was amazing, although I'm unsure of whether that white thing in the chair was Sandbag (or Sandman or whatever) or not.

The action scene was FAR better than the previous one, with the Star Fox team. This one actually felt, well, real rather than staged.

Although, it might be nice if you had explained why Samus was there. I didn't quite catch that part.

Five out of Five Super Mushrooms.

FROGGEman2:

hopeneverdies:

peduncle:

you are thinking of decapitated

Flying-Emu:
Wow. Really great job, guys. You guys seem to be getting better and better at what you're doing here.

Let's see, this episode especially. I loved the inclusion of Saria, Malon, and all those women. That was really well done. Olimar's scene was amazing, although I'm unsure of whether that white thing in the chair was Sandbag (or Sandman or whatever) or not.

The action scene was FAR better than the previous one, with the Star Fox team. This one actually felt, well, real rather than staged.

Although, it might be nice if you had explained why Samus was there. I didn't quite catch that part.

I agree. Just to clarify, I think Samus was there because she was a female pimp (I know there's a different word for that, but I can't quite remember), and Deedeedee's prostitutes were on "her" streets.

orannis62:

Flying-Emu:

I agree. Just to clarify, I think Samus was there because she was a female pimp (I know there's a different word for that, but I can't quite remember), and Deedeedee's prostitutes were on "her" streets.

Ah, that makes sense. I can't believe I didn't think about that.

I also can't believe I haven't put you on my friend's list yet. We always seem to quote each other, yet I guess I never got around to it. Hrm.

I think the killer and kidnapper is Link (or he at least is part of it all). Look at all he is putting into play with Peach gone. We all know Zelda is his squeeze and he needs a new kingdom. Hell I think old enemies have put the past aside and Ganondorf is working with Link to cut out each others competition. Link needs the rightful legal power out of the way while Ganondorf needs the other mob bosses gone. Plus Link must really hate playing second fiddle to the Mario Bros. Plus on an unrelated note I think Link must be the most popular character to play in the Smash Brothers games.

I noticed that Samus hung back when Luigi and Pauline ran out to see Mario fight DK. She was looking towards Dee's curtain. I also seem to recall that attempts at reverse engineering her morph ball technology yielded some very messy results. She's smart, strong, and nobody seems to suspect her.

Say it ain't so, Sam...

Now, hold on, remember the cardinal rule of who-dunnits. Nobody's dead unless you see their dead body, and then only about an eighth of the time then. Just cuz we saw the big pile o' innards doesn't mean we know that ddd is dead. He could still be the killer.

So I imagine you guys can't sell a DVD because of the usage rights and all, but I was wondering about something. Would you consider giving out DVDs of the finished product to people who make a $20 donations to Child's Play or some other charity?

It would not be selling the material so (I think) you'd still be in the clear legally. It could also get the word out about this great show, and bring in more viewers. Most of all, even if only fifty people did it, that would be $1,000 of donations right there; could do some real good, y'know.

ziratha:
Now, hold on, remember the cardinal rule of who-dunnits. Nobody's dead unless you see their dead body, and then only about an eighth of the time then. Just cuz we saw the big pile o' innards doesn't mean we know that ddd is dead. He could still be the killer.

An excellent point. I still wonder why Samus was staying behind, and if she's not involved then how did she not see what happened to DDD. Foreshadowing or red herring? I guess we have to wait and see.

Also, I really want to know what Olimar made for Gannondorf.

I love this series, keep it up

Also, of all the people who could be the killer, no one has mentioned Mother Brain or the the Metroids. Eating people is what they do, plus they're sneaky and kinda hard to kill. Also, I wonder what the chances are that Crono will show up in the series.

Love this show, its so damn dark! And waleswiththunbs... i share youre problem, Samus ;P

I have to comment just to say that the DeDeDe costume was absolutely amazing. Awesome job guys!

Wow this is getting pretty sick...I can't WAIT for the episode 6 *shocked* Wow...King Dede died :( He was actually cool in this...wasn't bad as I thought he'd be wow. And Mario omg he owned XD sad though...the first part with that guy chopping up his Pikmin was so creepy...scary even

Wow, this series is doing really good. I am thoroughly impressed. Especially with Ganondorf, I love the whole young Marlon Brando style Mob Boss you're going with. Very nice and very well executed. Also, its a shame Little Mac isn't a more important Brawl character because I would love to see more of him, he does a great job with him. Can't wait to see more. I have my suspicion on who the killer is, but I would rather see it play out.

Excellent! Really interesting and great cliff-hanger.

Also Samus is hot.

Jesus Christ that was awesome. I have to say the amount of effort you guys put into the series, has really payed off! Right now I'm leaning on Ganon, being the one who's murdering every body. Remember what he said about Olimars capsules.. "Just enough to keep the others at bay." or something like that.

Well that was amazing, it really was.

OMG that was F-ING AMAZING!!!

Ok, first off great Episode you guys // This short is keep me glued to escapist // Also, I want to move to Mushroom kingdom, the women there at HOT!!!

But what is goin on with the ending, Mario has lost it and what heppened to blue break there?!?

-M

Any chance we could ever get a big group picture of all the actors in costume? That would look awesome.

I was hoping to see Mario stomp on Donkey Kong as well as hit him with the Impact Hammer.

Any chance of that in the future? It's not only a homage but completely brutal.

Isn't there supposed to be a new episode up by now? Or is it next friday?

o_dog:
this is one of the best shows out on the net i only found it last nite.
does any one no if u can download it, or will that be something to come
later?

You can catch all past episodes here or at http://www.therewillbebrawl.com. As for the release schedule, I think it's been changed to the last Friday of every month. Episode 6 will come out in two weeks (And will be WELL worth the wait).

In the mean time, if you're a fan of the series, the Brawl crew has a forum at Anime Expo, July 3 at 8pm. So, if you're at the Expo or live in Los Angeles, come out and talk to us.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 61854)