Stolen Pixels #93: Crysis Demo, Part 2

Pages PREV 1 2

g805ge:

Clashero:
I didn't like Crysis at all.
The suit functions were interesting at first, but became more of a gimmick later on. The storyline was horrible, although the voice acting for the main characters was excellent, except the Mexican guy, Aztec, who was obviously done by an American with no knowledge of Spanish.
Graphically pretty, but the art style is almost non-existent outside of the alien bits, and some of the sound is downright infuriating ("CLOAK". Yes, that's what I pressed. Thanks for reminding me for the millionth time. As if I couldn't tell that I just turned invisible.)
Also, sans a few really good set pieces, most of the fighting ended up being like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyQTCeobZlg
Just give it another chance.

Very good video, but my points stands.
I did love the open-ended gameplay Crysis offered me, but the pacing was so awful I couldn't enjoy it thoroughly. If I wanted a sandbox shooter, I'd definitely pick Far Cry 2 over Crysis. At least I don't have to hide behind a rock every 10 seconds.
There are some good points about Crysis, though: the fact that nearly all cover could be destroyed unless it was made of rock, the "natural" barriers the video talks about, the voice acting, the sandbox gameplay... but it doesn't make up for the horrible horrible pacing which completely killed the game for me.

Doom Marine:

Clashero:
I didn't like Crysis at all.
The suit functions were interesting at first, but became more of a gimmick later on. The storyline was horrible, although the voice acting for the main characters was excellent, except the Mexican guy, Aztec, who was obviously done by an American with no knowledge of Spanish.
Graphically pretty, but the art style is almost non-existent outside of the alien bits, and some of the sound is downright infuriating ("CLOAK". Yes, that's what I pressed. Thanks for reminding me for the millionth time. As if I couldn't tell that I just turned invisible.)
Also, sans a few really good set pieces, most of the fighting ended up being like this:
http://www.dumdeedum.com/images/crysis/07.jpg

Suit voice can be turned off or turned into a chick ;)

Suit powers were greath for me.. i did use mostly cloack and Streaght tho :P

and it has art style outside alien bits.. its called "Photorealism"

I did turn the voice into a woman (I refuse to say chick, it's demeaning), and it was more bearable, but I didn't notice the "Off" option.
Oh, and Photorealism isn't a style. Pointillism is a style, photorealism is a movement.

Hmm, I'm not sure if it's technically possible to have less personality than the infamously boring Master Chief.

"Convenient plot expostion" God he's funny.

haha. nice one!
btw, in the actual game, jump off a high place and it will say "press f to acivate your parachute"

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here