Zero Punctuation: Duke Nukem Forever

Pages PREV 1 . . . 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 . . . 25 NEXT

Man I really have to buy this game! Where can I get it?

Oh yeah! I remember playing this last week!

Best bit was when Paparappa was reintroduced, and you,duke & jesus did a dance and rap to the theme of a quicktime button pressing event!

Aww! I thought it was REALLY out!

It finally happened. Yahtzee's tongue went through his cheek and wounded the part of his brain responsible for judging what's funny.
I'll help. ZP works because you have SEVERAL jokes in an episode, and you REVIEW something people care about.
This had ONE joke stretched out over five minutes and it was about something only video game reviewers care about. What's more, it's a joke we've all either heard or made.
Stop saying it's funny, you sycophants. The emperor has no clothes on.

FrostedRipper:
i want to know how people see 4 minutes of video in just one minute.

Time Travel.

Hilarious "review." The only thing more funny than it are all the people posting saying that they're going to try it not realizing the joke. Though I must say, for a joke review you did hit some true points about developers.

The_root_of_all_evil:
So, what system is it out for? I've been saving for ages.

The Phantom.

And I've already played this with my R2-D2 bot with my mind-powered controller and a Candy-Filled 360.

I just thought "This is out?"

Truly epic....it seems only a game that doesn't exist could gain such praise from Yahtzee lol....

I like his take on the matter...Duke Nukem Forever!!!!!!!!!!!! Hell I remember killing strippers in the old Duke Nukem games...and in the REALLY old ones, platforming about

NoMoreSanity:

The_root_of_all_evil:
So, what system is it out for? I've been saving for ages.

The Phantom.

And I've already played this with my R2-D2 bot with my mind-powered controller and a Candy-Filled 360.

Hell I could use my 360 to hold Candy...good thinking!

I though 3D realms closed it's doors and that DKF wouldn't see the light of day.

I can't wait to play it. I hope he has the same attitude... Like when he says "I'm gonna rip off your head and sh*t down your throat" AND HE ACTUALLY DOES!

misterprickly:
I though 3D realms closed it's doors and that DKF wouldn't see the light of day.

I can't wait to play it. I hope he has the same attitude... Like when he says "I'm gonna rip off your head and sh*t down your throat" AND HE ACTUALLY DOES!

The whole shutting down thing was only them speculating, but if they didnt finish it up they wouldve been sued, or something. So they are gonna release it.

i clued in to the joke at about the part when he started talking about it involving "Cooking Mama" game aspects xD that and he was a little to enthusiastic to be reviewing a game that will NEVER be released xP anyway still loved it

YAY YAHTZEE!!!!!

PedroSteckecilo:
That was interesting...

I don't know whether to call "CHEAT!" On Yahtzee or be amused that he simply went for comedy for comedy's sake this time.

But I guess I'll be forgiving, afterall...

I laughed my ass off.

I thought it was funny too, but was he serious about the game not being out? And that wasn't a real review?

These are the questions that haunt me...

Ha Ha nice one keep up the good work.
If anyone doesn't get it please just give up.=D

Thewolfman:

CNKFan:
I was not expecting this to be reviewed. On another note, if DNF is released and it is the gaming equivilent of Jesus then Yahtzee will feel like an enormous douche and issue an apology. But the day that happens will be the day that humans have evolved the ability to fly.

Yahzee wouldn't appologise. He'd just make another video actually reviewing it and justifyhis previous video by saying something about them deserving it for taking 12+ years.

Yeah that is true but one can hope

I haven't followed this game or the (apparent) series at all. The only thing I know about this game is Yahtzee (Apparenly) gave a review [which I'm finding out was a fake review]. Either way, it took me a second to realize he was kidding. I thought for a second that he was serious... but I think I got it when he started talking about the achievements..... getting married and having three wonderful blonde children? wtf? lol.

Wow, didn't see this sort of "review" coming. Brilliant still.

It is true however that because of its well known development hell, this game was never going to be THAT GOOD. I mean even if it was a solid shooter, expectations would be high to an extent, even those who think it might be "alright" could get disappointed in some way.

Congratulations Yahtzee, you have completely confused me on so many levels until the very end

I actually went to check if it was out.
Then I realized that I would have known if DNF came out already.

That review was amazing, 3DRealms deserved to be sued for that

finally, it's time once again to kick ass and chew bubblegum, only this time we are not all out of gum. what we are all out of is game. Finally the studio that has spent all its time photoshopping fake screenshots has closed its doors forever. Good show yahtzee, the satire was brilliant.

Also, I'd just like to say:

More like duke nukem fornever now, amirite?

I liked it. Good on yer.

ark123:
It finally happened. Yahtzee's tongue went through his cheek and wounded the part of his brain responsible for judging what's funny.
I'll help. ZP works because you have SEVERAL jokes in an episode, and you REVIEW something people care about.
This had ONE joke stretched out over five minutes and it was about something only video game reviewers care about. What's more, it's a joke we've all either heard or made.
Stop saying it's funny, you sycophants. The emperor has no clothes on.

Nicely said! Now someone just needs to tell him that strange sound effects are not a satisfying substitute for a witty joke. I mean seriously it was funny once (well maybe twice) but doing it every episode? This weeks was so forced too...

um...was he being sarcastic or was it really good?

If Yahtzee was in the dev team... OMFG This game would be awesome. And better yet... IT'D BE OUT!

This one was particularly hilarious!

For pure laughs this is his best in a long time.

Not like they would actually make him review Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 or anything. :P

Or Say Suer Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Fronteir (which is actually pretty cool for a portable RPG... but we all know Yahtzee's tastes, and the T&A jokes write themselves... as part of the game no less).

>>>----Therumancer--->

Sometimes I get the feeling that Yahtzee is nothing more than an obsessive egomaniac that thinks that the rules of life and the universe are based on his thoughts. I know he's messing around with the news that after so many years of delay and now 3D Realms closing its doors, but some of his comments at the end (the whole job that doesn't exist thing) are an example of what I'm saying. Somehow, I expected him to take the news like, i don't know, ranting for a whole hour about how this is the biggest mistake in the history of the known and unknown universe.
And oh yeah, the whole thing about the daughter humping her dad's leg... that's just wrong. Nazis jerking off with the heads of dead babies is more understandable but come on.

I found the review entertaining but was disappointed that he didn't do a REAL review for a REAL game. (k DNF may be real at some point in the future or at least a variation of it but still you get my point.)

This is probably the best ZP next to the Braid one.

His not-so subtle hints about iD and 3D Realms are quite entertaining.

The best part is that someone's not gonna realize it's satire until halfway through.

Man, for a moment I was gonna lookup DKF on google. I thought I had missed a big announcement :P

At first I thought this was a real review...then about a 1 minute in I realized that a.) it hadn't been released and I'd forgotten somehow, and b.) most of these things would be terrible in a Duke Nukem game and I don't think 3D Realms are that stupid...but they are THAT slow.

I laughed my ass off. Twice.

Now I have no asses :C

soooooo i dont get it... did he like alot or was he being sarcastic?

CatinHat:
this was great to watch after coming home from work can't... wait for next week :)

Indeed this was a great twist

Pages PREV 1 . . . 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 . . . 25 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or