Zero Punctuation: Duke Nukem Forever

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 25 NEXT

Wait... Did he really review it or was that a joke? But anyway a funny and great review once again! Kepp up the good work Yahtzee!

Sued for all their bananas
HILARIOUS
last weeks was scary but this one was good

GuNsLiNgEr X:
First!

First to be banned on this thread you mean.

Actually I did enjoy how Yahtzee presented it as the game we all expected DNF to be, after 12 years of waiting we expected to combine aspects like FPS and RPG elements and create the most in depth video game every known to mankind. If it had been released I would also have expected it to be free, to come with a likesize Duke statue which occasionally commented on how badass and awesome you were.

But yes, lets hope we can forget how develops tried to get our hopes up for 12 years and just messed us about. Once Half Life came out i think it was obvious Duke Nukem was going to be in trouble.

The people at the start of this thread have no fucking clue what there talking about. They clearly didn't watch it.

Sounds like a good game, think I'll pick it up. Gotta be better than any other game out there from what Yahtzee's said about it and the long development time, just hope it works on my outdated machine :p

At first i was all "What the ferk"
But for gods sakes Yahtzee, if people say you run out of steam they are ment to be liquidated by the goverment and burried under your garden for plants nourishment.

Simply BRILLIANT!

Also if DNF is going to be made in this millenium i will jump from a building.

Didn't see that one coming, better than an actual game review though.

Haw! Brilliant 'review'. Are people really still holding a torch for this game's release?

Four solid minutes of brilliant satire.

Here's hoping the Escapist doesn't actually sue Yahtzee for not doing his job properly.

Epic win

Well I didn't see this one coming. It kept me thinking the whole way: "Wait, what ? When was DNF released ?" but then I realized that the game Yahtzee was describing was way too... much. I guess that's how Yahtzee perfect game looks like.

Great ZP, nice to see a change from the usual weekly review once in a while.

I havent laughed this hard in a long time

I love how his videos are almost as funny when watched without sound in class. I wonder what was up witht the dolpin race with hitler? Can't wait untill lunch to find out!!! This looks like it might be as good as the halo one.

okay first response to seeing duke nukem forever under yahtzees spot: wait what? am I reading that right?

I agree completely though, lets forget about this game FOREVER!

Revelo:
Actually I did enjoy how Yahtzee presented it as the game we all expected DNF to be, after 12 years of waiting we expected to combine aspects like FPS and RPG elements and create the most in depth video game every known to mankind. If it had been released I would also have expected it to be free, to come with a likesize Duke statue which occasionally commented on how badass and awesome you were.

But yes, lets hope we can forget how develops tried to get our hopes up for 12 years and just messed us about. Once Half Life came out i think it was obvious Duke Nukem was going to be in trouble.

Don't forget the brilliant typing tutor sections and the 'sabotage your neighbor's wii' achievement.

[Edit]: Oh, never mind... I'll just list my favorite jokes:

Duke Nukem combines elements of FPS, adventure games, RPG:s, RTS:S, typewriting...
controls for Duke's body: triangle to pick your nose... xD
Gun that shoots dogs... *cracks up*

I especially like the achievement for beating the c*ap out the Wii fit board no less than the Wii deserves.

I can easily believe that even when confronted with the latest screen shots/videos and the total time wasted fans would still be defending the developers to the hilt. This game should have either come out of died out years ago. I am surprised Take 2 let the farce go on, maybe it was so they could sue 3D realms?

im surprised there is no button to control the little nukem...

wel I can honestly say I did not expect that to be this weeks game, but then again theres nothing new out...

Was I one of the few people waiting for him todo a Piss take on Duke? I was expecting it last week TBH.

Still I was expecting more of a "mailbag rant" rather than a fake review though. Funny nevertheless.

This was...one of the best reviews ever.
the sarcasm was just so funny.

Good review, but i was hoping he'd review infamous

I was like "Why was I not informed it came out?" then I saw the ending part about the lawyers.

It makes a change to the norm, personally I love tongue-in-cheek homour so guess what... I loved it. It was one of the funniest reviews he's done to date.

Wow. I was in tears by end of that (tears of laughter thanks to Yahtzee, not tears of sorrow for 3DRealms' plight, obviously).

Brilliant!

I was not expecting this to be reviewed. On another note, if DNF is released and it is the gaming equivilent of Jesus then Yahtzee will feel like an enormous douche and issue an apology. But the day that happens will be the day that humans have evolved the ability to fly.

Duke Nukem Forever set the standard even higher for its sequel: "Duke Nukem Forever and Ever", but I'm sure 3D Realms will be able to pull it off. After all, look at the masterpieces of the Half Life series from Valve. Just imagine was an equally talented studio like 3D Realms could achieve in, I don't know, 37 years of development.

Here's to an epic sequel.

about 5 minutes before this was posted /b/ had a thread discussing who jerked it to those strippers when they were a kid...guilty as charged.

abso-total-lutely hilarious. ive never laughed so hard in my life. best Yahtzee vid ever, no competition!

Vrex360:
That was satire at it's best. I realised he was kidding when
A. He even mentioned Duke Nukem at all given the project was cancelled
B. When he started being waaaaaayyy to enthusiastic for regular Yahtzee standards.

Projects not cancelled due to be realesed next year.
HOPEFULLY....
>.>

wow..

that was the best zp ever!
ive was in tears the entire time

keep it up

Dante Spears:
As good as always! I gotta find this game to play sometime - I say with my tongue planted firmly in cheek.

Dilla:
Brilliant review as ever.

Godofgame67:
I've never played the duke. But this makes me want to. I should rent one this weekend.

You have all clearly watched it.

AmrasCalmacil:
I'm very very confused.

My feelings exactly... I got really concerned that I had missed the launch of it completely, I even had to check the internet just incase...

and they should have known better, never abreviate your game DNF they cursed themelves right from the start by doing that, if they had just titled it Duken Nukem: Hail to the king baby, it probably would have come out in 1999

I have never laughed so hard in my entire life. Brilliant review and brilliant satire. Shine on you crazy diamond.

That reminds me, did Duke Nukem come out on Good old Games?
Really gotta remind myself why I liked that game all those years ago.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 25 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here