Zero Punctuation: Duke Nukem Forever

Pages PREV 1 . . . 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

As much as i loved this "review" and was so proud of myself for not getting caught up in duke love, i still thought painkiller was funnier, the bit about the gun that shoots shurikens and lighting had me laughing out of my chair. Either way both were great!!!

Praise be to the greatest ZP video.

Too bad he will have to redo it in 2011!
Always bet on Duke!

Haha zp probbably feels like a idiot now !!!

Hail to the king baby

Wow someone made accounts just to try and troll yahtzee ...that's ....a new type of lifelessness right there.

Reveras:
Wow someone made accounts just to try and troll yahtzee ...that's ....a new type of lifelessness right there.

Oh, it's an older phenomenon than it looks. But life's little ironies never got in Yahtzee's way, they just give him more ammo.

Well now that's it's coming out, what's going to happen? Will there be an actual review Yahtzee or will you stand by your previous statements? I don't mean to sound like a nag or troll or nothin, but I'm just curious. Basically if this does see the light of day (which most signs point to yes), would you still review it even though you have this (I guess you could call) "mock" review of it? You always did say to give everything a chance to surprise you, something I totally stand behind, but would that go the same for this VERY delayed game? On a more personal note, I think this game will be great. I think it will have that same sense of humor and tongue-in-cheek attitude it's always had and more. I don't expect it to break any boundaries in terms of mechanics, but this games release alone is gaming history in the making. I REALLY REALLY look forward to a review!

I would like to see a real review of DNF once it is actually released by gearbox next year. i have thoroughly enjoyed all of your reviews that i have seen and look forward to another excellent review this time, except of the real DNF game.

TROLOLOLOL! nah jk. i couldnt help it. thing is, this game better live up to the fans standards and expectations. looks like they have basically redone the EPIC Dukenukem 3D as a resurection to the franchise. Ill be buying it for PC on steam if possible the controls look shit for the console. doubt vladamere LaStrad will be making a guest appearance though :P

I realize that unless this game is at least about twice as long as the average FPS game (most shooter campaigns range around 10 hours)...I'll be kinda disappointed :/ maybe (gameplay and story...gameplay and attitude might make up for that but we'll see)

So... 3 months from now?
Yahtzee will likely be waiting a month after release because of the damn laws in Australia or because he feels like it

Wow I feel like a fail once I found out this was a complete joke though it was still funny after i realized it, But it doesn't sound too far off from his other reviews

This was quite good fun years ago but now the game really is releasing may 3 2011 so this is no longer 'relevant'.

Shockingly, having seen more elements of the story and stuff of DNF, some of the jokes yahtzee makes about this seem spot on for what is actually going to be in the game. Still, the duke is a big fat, predictable walking cliche and I wouldn't have it any other way

...Wow. I actually couldn't tell if he was being serious or sarcastic for most of that...

I always love coming back here when I hear any Duke Nukem news. The slight delay just made me lol and I knew I have to come back here.

Guess no games were out at the time.
still lolz

Of course, you realize that they actually finished and released this game just so you could have a little egg on your face.

AlexR89:
Of course, you realize that they actually finished and released this game just so you could have a little egg on your face.

comments like this confuse me.

first off: the video is 2 years old.
second: there is no way the actual DNF will live up to what was described in this critique.
third: the video is 2 years old. Yahtzee knew the game world eventually be released. This was a review about the hoopla surrounding DNF.

If you didn't understand that then you missed the whole point of rant at the end.

orangeapples:

AlexR89:

comments like this confuse me.

first off: the video is 2 years old.
second: there is no way the actual DNF will live up to what was described in this critique.
third: the video is 2 years old. Yahtzee knew the game world eventually be released. This was a review about the hoopla surrounding DNF.

If you didn't understand that then you missed the whole point of rant at the end.

I was just poking a little fun at Yahtzee because no one, I bet including Yahtzee, thought the game would ever actually be released. My wording was really specific to that effect. I'm not posting stuff to try to pick a fight or make anyone look bad, so I'll ask that you don't either.

Becaue I got the message from amazon that DNF is shipped to me I HAD to watch this again!
Let's hope your review will be correct! ;)

I'm really, really looking forward to the review of the real copy of Duke Nukem Forever.

Well it's out and I bet when it does review he'll start off saying "I already reviewed it and it's exactly like what I said"or something along those lines then cut to credits then go to actually tearing it apart.

Can't wait for yahtzee to tear this game apart (for real this time)

Personally I think Yahtzee's idea of Duke Nukem Forever would probably have been a better game.

This is probably my most anticipated review of the year.

You know, he could probably cut the end rant of this and just paste it onto the real review. Seems accurate enough.

the last part of the video.....i should have listened to. Removing my own testicles with nothing but red hot barbed wire wrapped pincers would be less painful than playing this game.

aha look at all the people posting mid-june 2011 all of a sudden

I'd call you the greatest prophet of our age but if we didn't see this coming long before you posted this video we all deserve to be sterilized and forced to work in labor camps for the rest of our lives.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here