Zero Punctuation: Duke Nukem Forever

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . . . 25 NEXT

one of the funniest reviews he's done in such a long time.

Fantastic. Sir, my hat is off to you. One very sharp, satirical nail in the coffin for this absolutely epic, defining piece of vapourware.

From the stories, they'd complete tiny pieces and then the management would just repeatedly dump the pieces in the bin. I can't believe they got away with it for so long, but part of me always hoped there'd be something to show for it, even if it was quite obviously going to make Daikatana look good.

Awesome satire!

Also, didn't the development team go bankrupt? How can they still develop a game when they have no money and no workers? o_o

Triple G:
Sorry, but is the game really out or is it just a joke? I know, that this could be a really stupid question but I really want to believe that it is out, but give me just the truth.

No, it is not out.
And yes, that was a stupid question.

Hey, you asked for the truth.

High five delivered

jymbobjones:

Impthra:
I lold

same high 5

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa

I do love a good jolt of sarcasm in the morning

i hope he doesn't get into trouble lol

Chapeau for this brilliant episode! I couldn't imagine how one about DNF would be like, but reviewing a game that never hit the light of existance is just genius! There can only be one long-time-in-development-and-still/thus-great media per decade, and, sorry to all Duke fans, Chinese Democracy came first :D

That's one way of getting around the "no decent games worthy of my attention" conundrum. Kudos, sir.

Oh, you.

This might be one of the funniest reviews that Yahtzee has done. So brilliant, so clever, so hilarious.

HAHAHAH oh wow best review ever. i thought it had finally been released when i saw the title to be honest.. (also am i sad if i noticed Hendrix had an SG instead of a Strat?)

It took me a while to click, I am ashamed to say,

Anyone else ever notice that the initials for "Duke Nukem Forever" also mean "Did Not Finish"?

I'm not entirely sure what I just saw... Better watch it again. Then again.

Unexpected, but still the brilliant commentary on the industry only Yahtzee could put together.

Thanks to everyone for belittling me. One minute in I realized the joke of it, and posted it my comment. It was sarcasm, hence "tongue in cheek"

Daimes2000:
Chapeau for this brilliant episode!

I don't think Chapeau means what you think it means.

i honestly cannot tell you whether the tears i'm crying are from laughter or from splitting my stitches open from laughing...but it is most likely a combination of both....good job Yahtzee good job!

I was completely amazed by the sudden flood of surrealism.

*gives Belgian stamp of approval*

Yeah, good one Yahtzee. Kicking a dead horse when it's down.

Heres an idea. Make a decent joke and I might actually LAUGH. What happened to the days when you used to be funny?

The review was a stroke of genius i say!

There aren't enough lol's or roflmao's on the internet to truly justify this "review" XD

Pfffft.

Ok, so I'm supposed to be a idiot for hoping that something half decent might have come out of 3D Realms? Granted, I didn't expect it to happen, but there's no need to insult people for hoping for something good.

FelixofMars:

GuNsLiNgEr X:
First!

You couldn't have even watched it yet. Why do people bother doing this?

The obvious answer is that they're idiots. But what I want to know is why is it only a 3 day suspension? They need to just start banning people like that.

ohhh now here is the old yahtzee that makes me laugh right the hell out loud. great 'review' and even more funny when you cant actaly find a review of his of any game that he actualy loved.

just funny on so many levels.

scotth266:
Pfffft.

Ok, so I'm supposed to be a idiot for hoping that something half decent might have come out of 3D Realms? Granted, I didn't expect it to happen, but there's no need to insult people for hoping for something good.

No, there's no need for that.

Unless someone waits for a thing that has been in the studio for over a decade.

shMerker:

Triple G:
Sorry, but is the game really out or is it just a joke? I know, that this could be a really stupid question but I really want to believe that it is out, but give me just the truth.

There are no stupid questions, but there is such a thing as asking the wrong people. 8 seconds on Google would probably eliminate any ignorance you have on this subject.

I googled it and I got no understanable answer. Sorry that I had the folly to ask a question on a forum. *rolleyes*

nice !
I say that seems like a jolly good game!

The Brian J:
This might be one of the funniest reviews that Yahtzee has done. So brilliant, so clever, so hilarious.

Really? It was just one joke spread out for 5 minutes, or whatever. A quick mention of DNF in a "normal" review would have sufficed. I thought this was kind of a cop out. It definitely didn't feel clever to me considering everybody under the sun has been making fun of DNF in one way or another for awhile now. Maybe our definitions of cleverness differ.

Silly me... looked it up to see if it was actually out yet.

Very amusing take on one of the biggest jokes of the gaming world for the past decade. Hopefully it'll be the final word on the matter and we can move on to more interesting games.
Oh, and any idea when "inFamous" gets released in Australia? I'd like to see/hear Yahtzee's opinion of it.

Sylocat:
Oh man... I confess I was not expecting that.

Who did ?

If this game did come out without me hearing about it until Yahtzee wrote some dumb review about it then I would kill myself. The world will crack in half when it finally does, that's how I'll know.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . . . 25 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here