Apocalypse Lane: Episode One: Big Pete's Funeral

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Episode One: Big Pete's Funeral

The residents of Apocalypse Lane gather to bid farewell to their friend, Big Pete.

Watch Video

its... quite... Meh. I suppose It's not bad. but Not quite what I like. Bit, Disgusting?

And poor Pete tastes like "shit" to quote the cat whose name I forget... Cuddles was it?

Become a fan of our newest series on Facebook. And tell your friends!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Apocalypse-Lane/98131166022?ref=mf

were doing this, were doing this! :P i laughed so hard i can see this being really good

Meh, I'll give it another shot next week. But this hasn't really appealed to me since it was announced this morning.

I think I'll give the rest of the series a miss.
The characters are such predictable stereotypes that the series is bound to become droll and repetitive quickly.

Not up to the standard of humour and quality of writing of other Escapist videos.
Good animation though.

Meh, I almost laughed at the ending but that was about it.

I guess it wasn't just optimism, this episode is hilarious! I loved the Great Rooster bit, and Father Hicky is just as great as a character as I expected!

Its ok. It had some good bits, 'Ok bitch, were doin' this!' got a laugh out of me. Its enough that I'm willing to tune in next week to see if it gets better.

There were some good bits in it and I'll probably give it another shot next week. Cuddles was easily the best character - he made me laugh more than the others.

Yeah, the only good thing is the animation. And while I don't want to be rude, everything else is shit.

piers789:
There were some good bits in it and I'll probably give it another shot next week. Cuddles was easily the best character - he made me laugh more than the others.

Yeah its hard not to laugh at a kitten getting ready to shank someone.

Quite funny, judging by the other comments it's like Marmite - you either love it or hate it. Personally I love it, though there are a few bits where I could see why people would hate it instead. Not the best video series I've seen, but still damn good nonetheless, especially for a pilot episode :D.

I liked what there was, but I reckon it would be better with slightly longer episodes. This one could be summarised by "A guy died, so after deliberating they ate a bit of him but he tasted bad." Compare that to other series like Doomsday Arcade or Unforgotten Realms where they manage to squeeze a lot more into episodes which aren't that much longer.

Still, I liked it better than Unforgotten Realms and probably about as much as There Will be Brawl. This episode wasn't up to the standard of Doomsday Arcade, Zero Punctuation or Unskippable, but there's a lot of potential and this was pretty good for a first episode. I'll keep watching.

Let's have a look... it was better than Unfogotten Realms, better than Doomsday Arcade and There Will Be Brawl, not as good as De-Rez, ZP or Unskippable.
I will probably keep watching it, however, just to see where thier gonna take it.

Did anyone else have trouble working out what they were saying? It was OK and I'll try it again next week, but meh, didn't seem great.

bue519:

piers789:

Yeah its hard not to laugh at a kitten getting ready to shank someone.

My sentiments exactly.

The cat was about to knife a tentacled old woman. That was all I found funny. Looks like we have yet another mediocre unfunny Escapist cartton on our hands.

Meh, it's not to amazing. I will have a look next week before I make a final judgement, but to be honest it's not really my style

Managed to put a smile on my face, can't wait for another episode. :)

Erm... ok?

Let's see what the next episode's like.

I wish I could unsee that and get those four minutes of my life back.

Nice, quite a few good one liners, plus the green guy could be a barrel of laughs.

I can't make my mind up! It has some potential though.

Cpt_Oblivious:
Meh, I'll give it another shot next week. But this ahsn't really appealed to me since it was announced this morning.

Was it only announced this morning? That ain't very good marketing...

I actually thought it was funny; a lot better than the majority of the Escapist's shows.

I think I know who Father Hickey's drawing was based off of:

The first show has yet to grab me, I will watch the next one, or two to see if it gets better.

It kind of annoyed me that the Sock puppet (to me anyway) sounded like Eddie Murphy voicing Mushu in Mulan.

I think there is potential here.

it cant possibly be worse than Unforgotten Realms. or rather, what it has become

Meh, it's alright. I had a chuckle or two.

I'll watch the next one, but it doesn't blow me away. It seems very Seth Mcfarlane-esque with characters and voices and not that distinctive. I prefer more game based series with their in-jokes and parodies...

so the green gay zombie thing DID NOT want to eat the dead guy? that was a little strange.

and the cat sounds like archie bunker, kinda

lol only good line was
"Pete we love ya man but you taste like SHIT" lol...

It was ok, I'll watch next week and see if it gets better.

I liked it, didn't seem like something that would be on The Escapist, and it feels like I missed alot, is this the first episode or what?

I'll check it out next week, seems good, but It may be put in th same place to me as Doomsday Arcade.

This feels like something better suited on Adult Swim.

Too short and no character development but the premise has promise if they give the cast something more to work with.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here