Escape to the Movies: Up!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Does anyone else want more MANLY movies with MANLY characters doing MASCULINE things?

it seems like Pixar has been into the energy drinks for a while. They just seem to win at things nobody should.

Darkrai:

Cpt_Oblivious:

ampa451:
I think that when it comes down to these kind of movies, Pixar is invincible.

Have Pixar ever released a bad film?

Cars was pretty crappy. A Bug's life was not bad. But I think Cars was there weakest if not worst film.

I will never have anything bad said about A Bug's Life because I loved it as a kid.

Cars was alright, I guess..

To be honest, MovieBob's gushing enthusiasm makes me a tiny bit skeptical. But I'll probably see this as soon as I can. Pixar's work is always top-notch, and I expect Up will be no exception.

Cpt_Oblivious:

Darkrai:

Cpt_Oblivious:

ampa451:

Cars was pretty crappy. A Bug's life was not bad. But I think Cars was there weakest if not worst film.

I will never have anything bad said about A Bug's Life because I loved it as a kid.

Cars was alright, I guess..

I'll watch a bugs life again. I show it before and thought it was ok as a kid

Cant wait to see this one! I think Pixar has done a very good job on all of their films. There are some that are, in my opinion, not as good as others but for the most part they are a hit factory.

Favs: Toy Story, Bugs Life (7 samurai with bugs lol), Finding Nemo, Ratatouille, and Wall*E. Especially Wall*E. I think animation students are going to be studying Well*E for the next hundred years or so.

Not Favs: Cars, Incredibles, Monsters Inc., Toy Story 2 (just didn't need a sequel). I know I know, everyone loves Incredibles. It just didn't do anything for me at all. I kept thinking that I didn't care what happened to the family and the way they rendered the hair on the characters was annoyingly distracting.

Just my 3 cents.

Well I might see this over the summer holidays. I've seen all but 2 of Pixar's movies, Wall E and Ratatouille, and for the most part they were all pretty good with Incredibles my favorite of them. But this might give them a run for their money.

Well excuse me all, I must go see this movie. If truly not a single bad thing has been saud about it, then it must be excellent.

Looks good, sounds good, and now we have a recomendation.

I will defenatilly watch this.

Thanks Bob, keep it up!

Great review. I'm definitely looking forward to Up.

I don't agree with you always (I happen to like Terminator Salvation), but in this one, I think you hit the nail on the head. :)

<3 Pixar.

I'm sold! :D
(If I can find it in English here :S)

Cpt_Oblivious:

ampa451:

Not that I know of...

Well it was nice of you to actually begin reviewing the movie at hand while you still had half your time left. We get it: you think Terminator, X-Men, and Star Trek sucked. You mentioned dead horses?

Anyways, as far as the actual review portion of this program was concerned, it got me really excited to see this movie (not that I needed another reason to be excited about a Pixar movie, but I digress.) If it is everything you make it out to be, I have a feeling my money will be well spent.

Oh, one last thing: keep to this review style. Calm, easy going, well paced. Gives your final opinion much more weight (in my opinion) because you actually sound reasoned, not ANGRY AND BEING CHASED BY BEARS.

i never saw toy story two... i remember being at the theatre and crying at the elevator scene from one... ah when i was three....

I just saw it today (*cough*), and I must say that I ended up feeling mixed about it. I adore Pixar as much as the next guy, but I thought that the villain was very poorly executed.

Seriously, the first two thirds were sublime and absolutely perfect. But I really felt they dropped the ball with how they handled Muntz*. Granted, that's the only thing I really take fault with (well, the army of dog minions with talking collars was a bit much when three of them acted like flyboys), but it was enough to undermine the overall experience.

Cool man, Moviebob got a weekly space on the escapist now?! Awesome!

I would like to say that that spoiler... wasn't really a spoiler. It's touched on very heavily in those that have seen "Upisodes" displayed on Rotten Tomatoes. However you left the story intact and I thank you heavily for that.

I'm surprised you did this movie because I feel as if your a little past certain movies and dismissive. But you again surprise me and review a movie that is well worth it. As far as agreeing with your review... Better said than I could ever muster. It's the perfect movie after the tallies are totaled. It has you going from place to place and moves quickly but never seems to feel jolted. Seamless and funny and just as touching as the first 20 minutes of Wall-e were you never hear him speak. It's amazing what these people at pixar do with things that invoke silent reactions in us from a screen and still manage to do it time and time again.

As much as I disagree with Transformers standpoints I agree in a way. I see your opinion and never feel under appreciated as someone watching your review. You are talented and very well versed. Keep up the great reviews and I look forward to the next movie.

Well... I'm up for seeing this movie.
I'm also up for using any pun I can.

And now for something completely different

I'm really liking that MovieBob has his own series now, with specific update dates. I've had a hard time finding out when he puts new reviews up, but no more! I'm also glad that I can watch his reviews without sifting through the escapist show (nothing against that escapist show).

Cpt_Oblivious:

ampa451:

There's some debate over Cars

The reason I think Pixar is doing so well is because they actually put in the one thing no other filmmaker/company does: EFFORT.

Great review, that has me sold on going to see Up! now!

A much better review than the Star trek review as well. You are still so wrong and mad about Star Trek, by the way...:P

Indigo_Dingo:

Cpt_Oblivious:

ampa451:

There's some debate over Cars

Still, even Cars is great compared to the average movie.

Star Trek blah blah didn't like it blah blah so he's a fanboy blah blah.

Jesus Harold Christ. You people are idiots. Really, you are. Do yourselves a service and ram your head into a brick wall and knock some sense into yourselves.

He's praising this movie and sounding more like a Pixar fanboy than a Star Trek fanboy. But now he's the authority on movies because YOU AGREE WITH HIM. Good job. Give yourselves a pat on the back for some wonderfully one dimensional thinking. "As long as they agree with me I'll let them say what they want."

Look, this movie looks awesome. And he really does make it sound compelling. And I'm willing to bet he's right that it's a good movie. But if he had trashed this movie for weak writing or what have you (like Star Trek) AND regardless of being right or wrong, he'd be called a ranting fanboy because he'd be going against popular opinion. Protip: Just because it's a popular opinion it still doesn't make that opinion correct. All it shows is that we're a civilization of dumb assholes who get caught up in mob thinking far too easily.

People need to smarten up and learn to start thinking a little more critically.

Movie bob needs find his own style, improve his sound, and get some help. He has potential but as of right now, he can not compete with other video makers on this sight.

Broken Wings:
That was an excellent review I didn't know Bob had that in him. I like how you make those references to books most people have never heard of (Heart of Darkness) hopefully that made a couple people Wiki it so they can learn what a great book is.

Oh god no. I hated that book. It's academically marvellous, but it's like reading a Descartes philosophy by using a story.

Anyways, I REALLY REALLY liked the movie. My girlfriend cried in the beginning backstory part, it was really good. My favorite character tho, is Kevin. His (her?) interaction with the old man is simply superb.

Cpt_Oblivious:

ampa451:

Thier very first 2-minute short wasn't all that good, but apart from that... no.

Looks like a must see, I enjoy wolverine personally, but then I've never rated a film badly in my life, I just enjoy them for what they do well.

So... uh... what scene was he talking about from Toy Story 2? I honestly have no idea.

Other than that, I enjoyed the review, but I still have no desire to go see this. Haven't cared about Pixar ever (except for the original Toy Story), and I probably never will.

And the best part of all, the movie had a trailer for...

well... you know...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXJEDUainX4

Caliostro:
I was looking forward to this one, let's see if I have the time to go watch it between the exams and project deliveries.

So, can we consider "escape to the movies" the new MobieBob "series"? Would be about time too. MovieBob = Win.

Bingo!

I haven't been in the cinema for quite a while now. The last film I saw there was Twilight, which was pretty good.

Arrers:

Cpt_Oblivious:

ampa451:

Not that I'm aware of, but I hear Cars is the weakest of them.

That was a good review, usually MovieBob's kind of whiney and fanboyish, but optimism suits him.

acually im pretty sure meet the robinsons was the weakest, but even that was good. It got me piss-yourself scared over a bowler hat

K.I.N.G:
I haven't been in the cinema for quite a while now. The last film I saw there was Twilight, which was pretty good.

WHAT DID YOU SAY?!!!! (troll troll troll)

Dude, knew this was gonna be a good movie (Pixar can do no wrong) but man this was SO much better than I thought it'd be. The gut shot at the beginning with his wife was so unexpected but the tone of the movie didn't make the depression inducing daze last long

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here