Stolen Pixels #95: Left 4 Dumb, Part 13

Stolen Pixels #95: Left 4 Dumb, Part 13

Tempt not the wrath of the AI Director, for he is mighty and cruel.

Read Full Article

surely it's just like fairies and nightmares, if we don't believe in him he can't hurt us. And I thought this was quite funny

Ahh, the Metagame, I can feel it shattering!

Those who believe tread the path of righteousness...

Aaaawhh, poor guy.
First the Boomer, now the Tank...

As from today, I'll be sure to make the proper offerings to the AI directors, mainly by sacrificing Zoey, and bringing some fruits and what's not to it's altar.

Note to Self: Never taunt AI director. I believe.

All bow down to the mighty AI director.

This brings to mind that picture from Zero Punctuation's Left 4 Dead review, where a bunch of people bow in front of an AI Director statue. "That's probably how cults get started". Yeah...

Ah, the black character gets it again. Good times.

Because he's a nit.

messy:
surely it's just like fairies and nightmares, if we don't believe in him he can't hurt us. And I thought this was quite funny

Blasphemer! He dares denounce the one true God!

All hail the AI Director!

I think we all know who the AI director REALLY is!

lol, nice! I'd heard of people preying to the AI director in game and this perfectly captured that :)

Hey, by the time you finish with this story arc, Left 4 Dead 2 will be out!

^Lulz at hypnotoad. Anyways, I'm glad for the continuation of the left 4 dumb series.

Have you ever walked out into a street thats normally crowded with zombies, found it empty and been more worried than you would have been if it had been occupied? you can just tell the directors planning somthing. Cue Tank music.

I've stopped telling the computer what my strategy is because it usually does whatever the worst possible thing to me is at a critical moment that it shouldn't know about unless it's being a cheatyface.

Also, this

I called the AI director a bastard once after two of my friends got killed and then a smoker pulled me off a bridge :(

There are no atheists in a safehouse.

ALL GLORY TO THE AI DIRECTOR.

I can't see the screen too well. Does the tank have a tail or is he just happy to see Louis?

HardRockSamurai:
snip

I must obey...........

but yeah, the AI Director is a God. And you should worship him by sacrificing a PS3.

Across boundaries of wealth, language, religion, there is the one true lord: the AI Director.

Do not mock him, for his vengeance is swift and horribly unjust to the point of bullshit.

shirin238:
Aaaawhh, poor guy.
First the Boomer, now the Tank...

Thats what you get for AI atheism ;)

george144:
I called the AI director a bastard once after two of my friends got killed and then a smoker pulled me off a bridge :(

Heretic! Burn the Heretic before the Director smites us!

johnman:
Have you ever walked out into a street thats normally crowded with zombies, found it empty and been more worried than you would have been if it had been occupied? you can just tell the directors planning somthing. Cue Tank music.

Yes, I always get a bad feeling when that happens. There have also been times when I would explore a room, find it empty, and just when I leave here a zombie moan inside the room. I have nearly jumped out my pants many times on that note. And sometimes I think A.I. means Advanced Intelligence, as there are many times that special infected coordinate themselves awesomely.
On another note, is Louis-bot commonly this dumb in your games? I swear he really is in mine, always lagging behind or running off first into a room by himself. His last dumb act to date was stopping just three steps from the truck in Blood Harvest to reload. Everyone else plus me just made a beeline for the truck. Just as I entered I hear his cry, "I'm Down!" Before I could turn to maybe go help him, everyone else was in and the truck was taking off (since it don't wait for lone incapped people who were dumb enough to stop in their tracks to reload.)

And I'm not afraid to say it, the AI Director is a cold conniving bastard out to get us all! Though I wouldn't have minded being there when Yahtzee witnessed someone praying to the AI-D

I haven't laughed once during this arc. Needs more punchlines and less overdone zombie spoof dialogue, in my opinion.

In Limbo:
I haven't laughed once during this arc. Needs more punchlines and less overdone zombie spoof dialogue, in my opinion.

I got some smiles out but nothing LOL worthy.

Which is FINE. The whole comic is more like pointing out flaws in gaming logic, marketing, etc, than actual grade-A humor. Half the experience is reading the side article along with the comic.

HobbesMkii:

You really think this arc will continue for years?

I mean, we are talking about Valve here.

Do hope this continues for a while longer, though - that is, if the AI Director wills it.

zoozilla:

HobbesMkii:

You really think this arc will continue for years?

I mean, we are talking about Valve here.

Yes, Valve...who are producing the game to run on two Microsoft platforms (PC & Xbox) which led to Microsoft announcing Monday that the game was slated for a November 17, 2009 release. So, years? No. 4-5 months? Well, that's probably a little unlikely that Seamus will have the patience to do this for that long, but it's possible.

Actually I think Valve put a voice recognition program into the AI director, I said "I hate the AI director" and suddenly a tank appeared right behind me.

I, for one, have never played "Left 4 Dead" and have laughed at this arc(maybe because I've never played?). I hope it continues.

Dang. Let's go look for another closet.

I did something like this once on the Dead Air finally, the plane was finally ready to take off then i actually said "The directors already thrown 2 tanks at us, i guess we've completed it now", then we get a third XD

Nothing like getting an incapped ally to distract him then chucking a molotov on them both ^^

The AI Director hates my mate. Any game he's involved in he just gets witches thrown at him like there's an overstock. It's actually quite funny because we can pretty much predict them now. :D

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here