Unskippable: Alone in the Dark

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

- We're nowhere close to running out of material.
- We didn't choose to take last week off, fyi.
- Glad you all like it!

is anyone else having trouble getting the video to start?

EDIT: nevermind, working now. Brilliant stuff, as always guys.

another funny video guys perfect
we missed you last week

Teehee, this made me larf.

DeathQuaker:
Wow, on the other hand, you could be totally immune to the Weeping Angels' attack by just never pressing the button.

(You win geek points if you have any clue as to what I'm talking about.)

Dr Who yesh?

It's always those damned cockroaches.

Do you seriously have to blink all throughout the game?

Desert Tiger:
You could've totally made an erection joke when he was staring at his junk. It was pretty obvious.

Well, then we would at least know why he was a bit woozy and needed help to blink...

Boldly going where no game has gone before. Alone in the Dark has realistic bodily movements. An entire engine build from the ground up, dedicated to reliving exactly what you do without thinking everyday.

missed u guys, was kinda boring into scene, still happy 2 have you back.

DeathQuaker:
Wow, on the other hand, you could be totally immune to the Weeping Angels' attack by just never pressing the button.

Sally Sparrow.... yea

Bediz:
"Whoa! What happened to his head and his crotch?!"

It was the Taint.

"Wow, I have a blink button."

Oh man I laughed so hard at the blinking.

Blink button is ... madness. How the hell did that get past?!

Next thing will be use your right stick to use tongue and left stick for mouth - combined you can make sounds that sound like words!

Great episode anyways, loved all of it.

Paddington Bear reference, well done!

Unskippable:
Alone in the Dark

Graham and Paul take a quick look at Alone in the Dark. Don't blink - you might miss it.

Watch Video

Where the hell were you guys? I know it's the memorial, but i demand a double episode now :D

the clip's volume seems to be a bit low

It won't even play for me. This has happened multiple times to me recently: videos from The Escapist simply won't load. They just sit there with that little circle thing spinning around in the center of the image and nothing happens. But if I come back tomorrow morning, it will probably work fine.

I checked all the help stuff, and it's not a flaw on my end. Since you people can view it, it doesn't seem to be a flaw on The Escapists' end... So somewhere in the middle, something is unstable and refuses to load something that is attmepting to start right after I click on the video to play it. Personally, I'm going to blame this on those annoying pre-video video ad things someone keeps shoving in front of everything.

Holy crap, I will never again ignore an "authorized personnel only" sign! I'll make triply sure that I'm authorized!

...and seriously. A blink button. That's just... WTF, right there. Pure essence of WTF. Now I'm just waiting for a game to tell me to hold the L1 and R1 buttons to blow my nose.

GodsOneMistake:
Damn i really need to get my... Thats a Fucking stupid Idea and for it you'll get kicked in the balls Department... up and running.

You're... you're making one of these?
Are you hiring?
*prepares resume*

Nice. This one and Lost Odessy were top notch.

You forgot to mention that the bumper/L2 and R2 buttons make you wiggle your fingers and clicking the left stick makes you fart.

Great episode, guys.

This game is proof of why blinking is bad. We should have something that blinks for us like..like... Eyeballwiper it's like a windshield wiper but for your eyes. So screw flying cars,Screw the cure for AIDS,screw the robots. Just give me my Eyeballwiper and I'll be happy.

Not the best one, though I did like the Paddington joke.

"We've got your marmalade sandwiches."

"Mash X repeatedly to digest your lunch."
lol'd SO freaking hard.

Finally worked after retrying it 50 times...

the clip's volume seems to be a bit low

Yeah, I had to have Graham and Paul practically shouting at me to hear what the characters were saying.

Who the hell thought having a button to control BLINKING was a good idea? PLEASE tell me you don't really have to do that the whole game.

stefanbertramlee:
good but it seems like there running out of mockable cutscences

I'm not sure why people keep saying this. Is it because they're now using multiple cutscenes for some episodes and occasionally putting some gameplay sequences in? Either way, this was a great episode, and there will almost never be a complete lack of bad cutscenes in games. It's just not possible.

DeathQuaker:

(Doctor Who Fan Detector Blinks Rapidly) That was a good episode.

Great video. I just started watching this series a couple of weeks ago and I'm really enjoying it.

whaleswiththumbs:
Is there a future use for the blink button? or does this game just want me to think I got eye surgery so they had to dilate them?..

how did he get from a broken bathroom, to the top of an elevator?

Yes, there is a future use for the blink button. You can switch between first and third person view, and while in first person view certain monsters spit slime at you. Only way to clear your vision is to blink. There's also plot-related parts where you have to close your eyes to solve certain puzzles.

As for the bathroom to the elevator thing, after the mirror scene you're given full control (no more blinking), the elevator is a later cutscene.

Pretty funny.

You know you're in for a bad time when the game not only has a blink button but makes you keep pressing it!

You have to push the blink button throughout the rest of the game? That's like playing game with nothing but quick time events, they're only boring ones.

Abedeus:
The worst thing - it's true. THERE IS A BLINK BUTTON. And you have to blink if you stare at one spot for too long, even after the cutscene.

Nice video.

*blinks as an involuntary reaction to something so hideously stupid*

*sigh*

I do not know how a game designer could become so desperate to include a 'new' and 'innovative' feature. I HOPE that they included that on the features list of the box, so anyone quick enough to see that you have to BLINK would know not to buy the game.

GodsOneMistake:
So do you have to press the blink button through the entire game?!?! Damn i really need to get my... Thats a Fucking stupid Idea and for it you'll get kicked in the balls Department... up and running.

No but you can do it anyway to see cracks in a wall or something. I saw it played. Unimpressed

Totally awesome.

A blink button...?
Sounds all too like that Yahtzee's satirical joke review of Duke Nukem...looks like somebody's been listening in for fresh ideas (or maybe that's why its one of Yahtzee's favorite games).

Hahaha, I loved the comments on the freaky building-crack monster.
"At least it cleans up after itself."
The lookalikes bit got me a chuckle.

"God, what happened to this guys head... And his crotch."

Another classic!

I cannot believe that you have to BLINK during the cutscene. That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of in a game.

Still, you guys make the cutscene worth watching. "At least he mastered blinking..." "He leveled up"

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 59787)