Unskippable: Alone in the Dark

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

i thought i was the only one that was going to get the paddington reference

me and my friend found that site of his and played marmelade(sp?) mayhem for a while and we still try to beat eachothers scores

Is it just me, or did the cutscene volume seem to be waaaay too low? I couldn't make out most of it at all.

Hulyen:
Is it just me, or did the cutscene volume seem to be waaaay too low? I couldn't make out most of it at all.

Yeah, something went funny with the audio levels somewhere.
I'll see if I can fix it, but at worst you can rest assured that next week's is all good.

"Look at me not your penis" had me laughing for a while.
I'm still laughing.

I was sorta creped out when they said "We got your marmalade sandwich" exactly when I was going to take my first bite of my marmalade sandwich...
DUN DUN DUUUN!!!

Holiday weekend, guess they were off last week. This is becoming a favorite web fix for me.

Left and right shoulder buttons to control your kidneys! Hah.... now I just have to do an online search for this... Paddington Bear.... is he evil?

That was great guys. My favourite so far. The blinking was insane, what happens if you refuse to do it? Refuse to activate the automatic reflex.

And the bodily functions tied to controls would be the ultimate in micro and total control.

Very high standard of comedy as always. A blink button seriously WTF where the developers thinking.

am i the only one noticing that the camera goes true the mirror, and then stays on that side for the rest of the cut scene?

GrahamS:

Hulyen:

Yeah, something went funny with the audio levels somewhere.
I'll see if I can fix it, but at worst you can rest assured that next week's is all good.

sounded better though

decent episode, also its nice that theres actually a video this week.

The blink button is awesome, if it's too scary, you can just hold it down and he keeps his eyes closed. But seriously, you only have to use it when there's something wrong with his eyes, so it's not that annoying and I thought it was pretty cool that you actually had to blink when your vision got blurred. It would have gotten extremely annoying if they had kept it that way through the entire game though.

hmm, I think the developers missed out on a huge opportunity: the "lick your lips" button. having to lick your lips every few seconds in order to continue a monologue would be awesome.

mspencer82:
Great video. I just started watching this series a couple of weeks ago and I'm really enjoying it.

whaleswiththumbs:
Is there a future use for the blink button? or does this game just want me to think I got eye surgery so they had to dilate them?..

how did he get from a broken bathroom, to the top of an elevator?

Yes, there is a future use for the blink button. You can switch between first and third person view, and while in first person view certain monsters spit slime at you. Only way to clear your vision is to blink. There's also plot-related parts where you have to close your eyes to solve certain puzzles.

As for the bathroom to the elevator thing, after the mirror scene you're given full control (no more blinking), the elevator is a later cutscene.

Oh alright, that is still alittle unnecessary for them to think of blinking out slime, they could have worked on their cutscenes more.

"...or your suffering will be legendary."
"And the legend will consist mostly of you going 'Aah! Oh no! Ow ow ow!'"

Awesome episode.

"I have a blink button", best line from the whole bit guys. Keep up the awesome work!

I actually had high hopes for this game when I downloaded the demo...

...then it asked me to click the right stick to blink, and all was lost...

CapnJack:

DeathQuaker:
Wow, on the other hand, you could be totally immune to the Weeping Angels' attack by just never pressing the button.

(You win geek points if you have any clue as to what I'm talking about.)

Dude, you can't give people geek points for something that easy - you're talking about the best time travel episode of a popular British sci-fi. Everyone should know that's episode 10, season 3 ("Blink") of the reimagined Doctor Who series, and it's written by Steven Moffat, who will be taking the helm next year. Even if you don't watch Doctor Who, you should go out and watch Blink. Like, right now.

Coincidentally, the episode directly after Blink features Derek Jacobi, who was mentioned in this week's Unskippable.

I saw Blink and was afraid of mannequins and statues for the rest of that day. This is a great video! I never wanted to play it and now I have an even better reason not to. Great job guys!

I liked this one more than most. Although, it seems like the videos have been getting too chatty. Not every single shot needs to have commentary to go with it. I prefer subtle and in moderation.

DeathQuaker:
Wow, on the other hand, you could be totally immune to the Weeping Angels' attack by just never pressing the button.

(You win geek points if you have any clue as to what I'm talking about.)

i know i will be mocked in geek culture forever if i am wrong, but are you talking about those stone angels from doctor who?

"Come towards the light... take your time... no rush..."
"OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT HIDEOUS THING COMING TOW-- it's a mirror"

Awesome episode... As always :)

We have your marmalade sandwiches.

whaleswiththumbs:

mspencer82:
Great video. I just started watching this series a couple of weeks ago and I'm really enjoying it.

whaleswiththumbs:
Is there a future use for the blink button? or does this game just want me to think I got eye surgery so they had to dilate them?..

Yes, there is a future use for the blink button. You can switch between first and third person view, and while in first person view certain monsters spit slime at you. Only way to clear your vision is to blink. There's also plot-related parts where you have to close your eyes to solve certain puzzles.

As for the bathroom to the elevator thing, after the mirror scene you're given full control (no more blinking), the elevator is a later cutscene.

Oh alright, that is still alittle unnecessary for them to think of blinking out slime, they could have worked on their cutscenes more.

The blink button also enables you to close your eyes whilst driving, and who doesn't want to do that?

Oh god... that game looks awful. I'm so glad that I never played it and that I never will... a blink button... no...

I liked how the blick button wasn't needed after that chapter, except for goo clearing and that weird x-ray vision shit.

Ha! Marmalade sandwiches!

Great this week, makes up for not having one last week!

I liked the "R1 to inhale, R2 to exhale".

Real Life Sim.

jedstopher:

whaleswiththumbs:

mspencer82:

whaleswiththumbs:

The blink button also enables you to close your eyes whilst driving, and who doesn't want to do that?

I would like to remove my comment on it being useless.

Sheesh. I bet having a bowel movement in this game is a quick time event.

Blinking: the fail function
seriously, what's up with that?

I'm into it.

"I remember I had to look around."

LOL, great reference to yourselves, I always try to catch those. Thats from the darkness, isn't it? Anyway, great episode.

The "legend consisting of you going" Ow ow, oh no, no!" was hilarious, lol. And the blink button is the Xbox's torture for keeping Dead Rising from us PS owners. :P

Awesome video, as usual. The MST3K of the videogames!

... I dare not ask which button is for the bowel movements

A F***ing blink button? Jesus. Next they'll make a game that forces you to breathe, eat, and bathe.

Ah, you gotta love the games and the pointless controls now. Why would there be a blinking button? I'm guessing they didn't have a control for one of the buttons so they freaked out and put it in just to smite gamers.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here