The Escapist Presents: TF2 Tournament: Round Robin Update

TF2 Tournament: Round Robin Update

Dan and Mitch are at it again. This time, forum member Xitel stops by to help cover the updates to the Escapist's Team Fortress 2 Tournament, sponsored by Razer. Click here for more info.

Watch Video

Well, I may not be winning in this tournament, but at least I'm having fun. Yeah, I know, that sounds stupid, but hey, it's true. I'd much rather lose and have fun playing a game than win and think of it as work.

That was really cool. Nice cameo xitel.

Yeah very nice job delivering your lines well and you also had good pacing. I was still expecting you to shoot noobernator though or make a sniper pun. Good luck in the tourny.

Yay Xitel. :) See if you can stop Wilson spending the whole round on his sandvich. ;)

WHOO PONY JAM background for the Noobinator! Don't suppose one of the ponies will enter the game and start smashing players?

Tenmar:
I was still expecting you to shoot noobernator though or make a sniper pun.

Nah, I decided to reference Futurama, albeit slightly edited to fit the context. The original line I was referencing was "Now quit pickin ya nose and knead that dough!"

The_root_of_all_evil:
Yay Xitel. :) See if you can stop Wilson spending the whole round on his sandvich. ;)

But Bologna is perfect fuel for killing tiny cowards!

xitel:
Well, I may not be winning in this tournament, but at least I'm having fun. Yeah, I know, that sounds stupid, but hey, it's true. I'd much rather lose and have fun playing a game than win and think of it as work.

We just 'played' you guys. Pity we couldn't actually get a real game going though :/

themusicfreak:

xitel:

We just 'played' you guys. Pity we couldn't actually get a real game going though :/

Yeah, sorry about that. My TF2 just outright crashed and Singing Gremlin's internet died completely.

The coverage and actual high-lights are going to be amazing, I know it. If there's another tournament down the line I'll definatly join it, I only got the game last month so there's no way I'd be able to be good enough to play. Next time for sure though.

Will be looking forward to watching the matches :P

Pankeyman:
The coverage and actual high-lights are going to be amazing, I know it. If there's another tournament down the line I'll definatly join it, I only got the game last month so there's no way I'd be able to be good enough to play. Next time for sure though.

Not to be off-topic, but awesome avatar pic. Metal Slime FTW

Spinwhiz:

Pankeyman:

Thanks, always glad to meet a Dragon Quest fan!

Pankeyman:

Spinwhiz:

Pankeyman:

I actually remember it as Dragon Warrior! lol Wow, I'm showing my age.

Spinwhiz:

Pankeyman:

Spinwhiz:

Pankeyman:

Yeah, that's what they used to call it before they had to get it a new name, right? It's contract expiored or something, I'm not so sure about it?

Pankeyman:

Spinwhiz:

Pankeyman:

Spinwhiz:

Pankeyman:

Yeah, that's what they used to call it before they had to get it a new name, right? It's contract expiored or something, I'm not so sure about it?

Yeah, it was that and that the publisher was tired of launching the same game with 2 different names in the US and Japan.

Pretty excited for this tournament. Is the Round Robin video the only one up? Can't wait to see more. I hope they set up a page dedicated to this monumental event.

davey0110:
Pretty excited for this tournament. Is the Round Robin video the only one up? Can't wait to see more. I hope they set up a page dedicated to this monumental event.

There's an intro: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-escapist-presents/737-TF2-Tournament-Intro
And a subforum dedicated to the tournament: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/index/519

Cool vid, this should be interesting... hopefully you can record the final battle. I am sure that if you get a few people watching the game as observers, set them to record, and then spliced together some of the more... salient... parts, good plays and the like, you could make a really kick-arse game video. Well, however you decide to do it. It will be fun. I look forward to seeing who wins!

Spinwhiz:

Pankeyman:

Spinwhiz:

Pankeyman:

Spinwhiz:

Pankeyman:

Yeah, it was that and that the publisher was tired of launching the same game with 2 different names in the US and Japan.

Thanks, now I remember.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here