Apocalypse Lane: Episode Two: Poker Night

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Littlenorwegians:
been done plenty of times before

You can find other plot devices and character hooks here: http://tvtropes.org/

See if you can identify them all in all of our videos, it's fun!

This show is Marmite, I am not on the good side of this view...

Its getting better but as many have said it's early days so just learn from mistakes and go from strength to strength.

Well better than last week.

I really can't say anything that hasn't already been said. That or I cant thin of something constructive right now.

LOL that was funny with all the blocked parts. That faces just got funnier and funnier. X'D

Well done, this will be a winner with everyone in a few weeks.

Well, it was better than last week's episode.

Cuddles is still a good character, and the sock puppet (I forget his name) is starting to endear himself (itself?) to me, while Willy's story brought out a chuckle.

However, I still don't think it's fantastic, and I didn't like the overuse of the "bleep" gag. Funny the first time, not so for the sixth.

Still, it was better than last week's, so if the show continues on getting better week by week, I guess I'm going to keep on watching.

Oh, and the theme tune is still awesome. God I love that song.

I think the show's improving, though it still needs work. I liked it, but it doesn't make me laugh excessively. It kept my attention, though. The Garbage Pail Kids line had me chuckling. Those cards were kickass!

I really like this series. I thought BOTH episodes were funny. I wanna see more.

I laughed... ok, chuckled, but it was good. That's the only thing here I watch besides ZP so far.

Patrick_and_the_ricks:
I really like this series. I thought BOTH episodes were funny. I wanna see more.

And more you shall see. 46 more if all goes well. :)

MiloP:
Well done, this will be a winner with everyone in a few weeks.

Thanks man. And i see your a fan of The Boosh. That show is freakin brilliant.

Willy's story (or what little I can make out) is twisted, great episode.

That was good, I hate seeing comments that just say "it wasn't funny" with no real reason as to why they feel that way - how are they supposed to improve it if you don't tell them what you want to see?

better than the last one.

I thought last week's was pretty decent, but this week's was a classic.

I'm sold.

When the Zombie started talking, I couldn't stop laughing. It needs a little work but this is turning into a good show. I can't wait for the next one.

Better than the last episode, but it still hasn't really managed to make me laugh. I'll give it one more week.

The opening poker game got me laughing and the ending was hilorus. It's getting better just make sure cuddles gets good lines, I love him.

I enjoyed it, people just need to adjust to it's style and regular appearance on the site. Really funny, I love that cat Cuddles.

D_987:
That was good, I hate seeing comments that just say "it wasn't funny" with no real reason as to why they feel that way - how are they supposed to improve it if you don't tell them what you want to see?

Exactly.

This episode made me laugh, and I shall continue to tune in. Can't wait for the next one - keep up the great work!

Also, I love the theme song. Couldn't have gotten it more perfect.

It was well done. It takes a lot to put something like this together.

I kind of expected a gay joke; it wasn't the funniest thing there, but I smiled, and chuckled a little.

I though the clever part was fooling us into buying into that queeny, effeminate, mild-mannered sort of gay stereotype, and hitting us with this notion that he's more hardcore than that. Like a leather daddy.

Anyways, keep it up. I enjoy it.

This week was MUCH better than last week, I'm starting to think this show has more to it than a catchy theme song.

Littlenorwegians:
Find me the funny. . .
I can't find it. Being just plain silly by going "This is like a typical thing in our society, but after the apocalypse." doesn't work.
"HEY! It's a gay person, but hes a ghoul.

And the heavy usage of censor beep has been done plenty of times before. I knew after 3 seconds the guys around the table would drop their jaws and there would be an awkward silence.

A cute thing you don't expect to have a deep, throaty voice has also been used. Fex, the baby from Who Fooled Roger Rabbit.

I'm only speaking for myself of course, but I can't laugh at this.
It's not offensive, sick, witty, shocking and certainly not original in my book.
I am of course open for this show to improve and wish the best of luck in doing so, that is to say if you want to improve the show.

I agree. I just can not get into this show at all.

I could not stop laughing when Willy started telling that story, I haven't laughed that much at Unskippable or even ZP, and those shows are fucking hilarious.

Against my better judgment I decided to watch it. Only got good when Willy told his love story, that was just hilarious! there may be hope yet. Better see what next week brings.

Still, it's hard to really enjoy the characters much. I'm struggling to really bond with them or whatever the term is, although the gag was predictable it was done really well but the show needs to pick up the pace some more.

"Two sweet potatoes, rice, and an egg" and it only got better from there. Heavily used censor gag? Yes. And yet, it's one of my favorites. It had me in tears actually. Bottom line, fandom pending, but absolutely here next week. Good show, fellas.

the story was OK but not the rest...still better than last week so ill give it another chance

Lol. A welcome adition to the Escapist!

I am the only one that found it funny it seems.... But then again I have a really huge sense of humor. And those of you who don't like it, remember video game theater and compare it to this. Also, I am fully aware that these two are completely different series, so save your breath.

reminds me of quagmires story. you know the one we don't here because peter cavers up stewie's ears. and just to let you know i loved that part

Littlenorwegians:
Find me the funny. . .
I can't find it. Being just plain silly by going "This is like a typical thing in our society, but after the apocalypse." doesn't work.
"HEY! It's a gay person, but hes a ghoul.

And the heavy usage of censor beep has been done plenty of times before. I knew after 3 seconds the guys around the table would drop their jaws and there would be an awkward silence.

A cute thing you don't expect to have a deep, throaty voice has also been used. Fex, the baby from Who Fooled Roger Rabbit.

I'm only speaking for myself of course, but I can't laugh at this.
It's not offensive, sick, witty, shocking and certainly not original in my book.
I am of course open for this show to improve and wish the best of luck in doing so, that is to say if you want to improve the show.

Well, if you look at the first post which states "1 out of 10", opinions are not welcome here...

AkJay:
Well, if you look at the first post which states "1 out of 10", opinions are not welcome here...

That's a rather simplistic interpretation. If you look closely you'll see plenty of opinions on display, positive and negative, very few of which, in fact, have garnered moderator ire.

I think a better interpretation would be, as another moderator pointed out elsewhere in the thread, that purely negative, troll-like comments lacking any constructive addition to the conversation are heavily discouraged. Which, if you'll take a look at the general forum guidelines stickied at the top over every forum, is pretty much the rule of the land in all of our forums.

'with a corkscrew and a 2x4'

hahaha i knew this would get better

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook