The Escapist Show: Episode 32: Double Helix

Episode 32: Double Helix

This week the Escapist takes a tour through the studios of Double Helix. We learn a valuable lesson with GI Joe and we finally find out what the folks at Escapist Magazine like on their toast.

This week's musical guests:

Ian Dorsch - "Escapist Show Theme" and "G.I. Joe"
Younnat - "Rotations" and "Yesss"

Watch Video

GI JOEEEEEEEEE! anyway yaraghhhh! me hearties great pirate bit!

that woman at the start looked like a soccer mom.

Finally a serious and sincere anti-piracy campaign!

What has happened to DDKR?
2 weeks now without any :(

3 parts shame and 1 part regret is great on toast AND crackers.

Loved the video, did a double take at the upside down portrait xD

Hehehe, "Pony jam."

Ha, that was very good. As its been a while since I tuned into an episode, its nice to see it hasn't lost it.

Operations:

Since their confrontation with Russ in Episode 30 they have been extremely hostile to work with. I'm hoping with time we can mend our working relationship.

ARRR you'll never get a hold of me stolen booty of...booty. By the way who was the landlubber in the ninja outfit? He be a skinny one.

Also why haven't anyone tried some chicken ramen noodles on their toast? That or butter, eggs and bacon all at once.

Lord_Panzer:
Hehehe, "Pony jam."

I have a dozen jars.

"Umm" is a popular topping for toast it would seem.

Landslide:

Lord_Panzer:
Hehehe, "Pony jam."

I have a dozen jars.

Throw one my way?

Double Helix looks like an utterly deplorable place to work. It's all dark, no one looks happy and it seems that the only 'wacky' stuff that's lying around are figurines. Looks like everyone's bored to death.

carnkhan4:

It reminded me horribly of Lars Ulriches anti-piracy ads.

Anybody remember where to send these videos? I've got one.

Indigo_Dingo:

carnkhan4:

It reminded me horribly of Lars Ulriches anti-piracy ads.

Anybody remember where to send these videos? I've got one.

You can send your video question, 15 seconds or less, to TES@escapistmag.com Cheers!

Maybe this time I will come up with a better answer... by far my favorite episode to date ;)

Operations:

You have to look closer in the first couple of minutes of the vid.. DDKR totally makes an appearance!

My, that girl in the GI JOE skit looks an awful lot like a certain zombie from GW. Hmmmmmmm.

buwahahahaha That came out awesome.

But seriously, who doesn't love a good MLT? A mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomato is ripe. They're so perky, I love that!

Is it me or was Russ channeling Mr. T?

ckeymel:

You have to look closer in the first couple of minutes of the vid.. DDKR totally makes an appearance!

Ahh I see it now, its actualy just after the first 2 minutes, but thats just a crafty cameo not the full on experience.

The_root_of_all_evil:
Is it me or was Russ channeling Mr. T?

I pity the fool.

sprout:
My, that girl in the GI JOE skit looks an awful lot like a certain zombie from GW. Hmmmmmmm.

I have no idea what you are talking about... its obviously just a coincidence that Real Carrie and Zombie Carrie have a penchant for pink pony shirts and nerd glasses!

Tenmar:
By the way who was the landlubber in the ninja outfit? He be a skinny one.

I tried eating once. The taste of food has since faded into distant memory. Ninjas feed only on innocence and corruption anyway. Or maybe that's vampires... There's a GI-JOE vampire, right?

So, what 3d apps were they using there? I saw ZBrush and Photoshop on the Cintiq....I be a lonely pirrate..Arr

InProgress:
So, what 3d apps were they using there? I saw ZBrush and Photoshop on the Cintiq....I be a lonely pirrate..Arr

ZBrush, Photoshop,Painter, StudioMax, Maya, Illustrator, After Effects. Pretty much the standards for almost any studio now a days.

Around 2:05, check the top right corner of the screen. There be a kitteh there!

Vis Comica:
Around 2:05, check the top right corner of the screen. There be a kitteh there!

Nice find, hadn't spotted that :)

Anyway a great episode, I've ALWAYS wanted to know what you people had on toast :P

Am I the only one that puts chocolate topping on toast?

Seamus8:
Am I the only one that puts chocolate topping on toast?

Yes?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here