Stolen Pixels #98: Left 4 Dumb, Part 16

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Stolen Pixels #98: Left 4 Dumb, Part 16

Left 4 Dead's flaming tank is a metaphor for life, really.

Read Full Article

Awesome, I like

Shamus Young:

I thought it was BoC's advice not to fear the reaper.

Is Zoey really the only girl in the whole game? *cough*witch*cough*female zombie*cough*
Also, teh culeles n00b rox!

You know, technically, if you shove the Tank with a melee attack, the computer will turn it on you.

Just sayin'.

The noises the tank makes are the best onomatopoeia's ever. Otherwise bleh.

Damn... They give me the Baseball bat that I wanted in the game, and now I want a pushbroom :D

You know what I wanted? Furniture. Wouldn't it be awesome if you could just pick up a folding chair and go all WWE on the punks?

wilsonscrazybed:

Shamus Young:

I thought they said that the seasons and his baby don't fear the reaper.

The Reaper goes Donk? Bit anticlimatic. I was expecting at least a Thwack. Shamus, you really need to work on onomatopoeia.

ThePoodonkis:

wilsonscrazybed:

Shamus Young:

Nor do the rain and the stars and the sky, we should be like they are.

It was okay, not the best but it wasn't bad.

wilsonscrazybed:

ThePoodonkis:

wilsonscrazybed:

Shamus Young:

Oh yeah. I forgot about them. Oh there's also the wind and sun. Thanks for clearing that up for me, though.

ThePoodonkis:

wilsonscrazybed:

ThePoodonkis:

wilsonscrazybed:

Shamus Young:

Oh yeah. I forgot about them. Oh there's also the wind and sun. Thanks for clearing that up for me, though.

But all agree - more cowbell.

Would have been slightly better if the Reaper went 'bonk'. Otherwise, pretty damn good :)

FEAR THE REAPER!
Good news everyone! I'm okay!

I have feared the Reaper. And it is all for female rights apparently.

Valve definitely needs to add "the reaper" as dlc or an unlockable.

Verily, thou shall fear THE REAPER or suffer the DONK of Death!

Loved it!

I was waiting for the reaper to do something, I thought it would of been the witch though.

They might nerf "the reaper" in the next game D:

Guess where we will find Louis again...

packbat:
You know, technically, if you shove the Tank with a melee attack, the computer will turn it on you.

Just sayin'.

I've unloaded into a tank and then used melee in any crazy effort to help the poor survivor the tank's fixated on to no avail. So that's not a 100% tactic. Ain't saying its not true though.
And Reaper FTW! Even if it goes "DONK"

samsonguy920:

packbat:

Just sayin'.

I've unloaded into a tank and then used melee in any crazy effort to help the poor survivor the tank's fixated on to no avail. So that's not a 100% tactic. Ain't saying its not true though.

You have to melee it twice, in between the time of the first smack and the second smack, he can kill your team-mate though.

Scientific progress goes... Boink?

Me like very much yes

*cough* Finals are frying my brain sorry

I knew the Reaper was gonna kill the beast!

wilsonscrazybed:

Shamus Young:

It's actually a mistranlation of Don't Fear the Tank If You Have The Reaper

wilsonscrazybed:

Shamus Young:

Dammit, you stole my awesome! Confound you, sir!

Confound you!

Kross:
Scientific progress goes... Boink?

Perhaps, but the advancement of awesome obviously goes "Donk".

Indigo_Dingo:

ThePoodonkis:

wilsonscrazybed:

ThePoodonkis:

wilsonscrazybed:

Shamus Young:

But all agree - more cowbell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn0znkaj3iM

samsonguy920:

packbat:

Just sayin'.

It might not be 100%, but it's better than your entire team just standing around like a bunch of tarts while the tank pummels you into a pulp.

And I can say, at least in my own experiences, that every time I've meleed the tank in the back while he's beating on a downed teammate, he's turned around to chase me. Maybe it's an orientation thing, you have to melee twice if you aren't quite at his back? *Shrug*

After playing L4D for a while I've decided it really doesn't pay off to put tank on fire.

I was wondering when the Reaper should show up.

Magnificently, of course.

WhiteTigerShiro:

samsonguy920:

packbat:

Just sayin'.

It might not be 100%, but it's better than your entire team just standing around like a bunch of tarts while the tank pummels you into a pulp.

And I can say, at least in my own experiences, that every time I've meleed the tank in the back while he's beating on a downed teammate, he's turned around to chase me. Maybe it's an orientation thing, you have to melee twice if you aren't quite at his back? *Shrug*

Hes right soon as you melee he fixes on you. but he ussaly hits the downed person one more time before running after you. so if your playing expert their most likely going to die if you dont act quick.

Trivun:

FEAR THE REAPER!
Good news everyone! I'm okay!

LOL that was my favorite part X'D

WhiteTigerShiro:

samsonguy920:

packbat:

Just sayin'.

Why go after the tarts when he can take down the one beating on him? And a tank can take down someone pretty quick at times at any level (cept maybe Easy)

BEWARE! The Reaper will take you if you are not careful!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here