Stolen Pixels #99: Home, Smelling of Malted Barley

Stolen Pixels #99: Home, Smelling of Malted Barley

Game journalist extraordinaire Travis Taylor provides his unique spin on this year's E3.

Read Full Article

Time-travel scotch? Yes please.

2015 indeed! Ha

That was pretty damn funny, especially the joke regarding reviews.

Games? I didn't know E3 was about games!

HardRockSamurai:

Bah! Who needs games? They are so overrated! What we need is more waggling sticks, more cameras, more creepy ai kids and all the knick knacks we can handle. We don't want to hear about games! All we want to know is how much money Nintendo makes.

Russian_Assassin:

HardRockSamurai:

Bah! Who needs games? They are so overrated! What we need is more waggling sticks, more cameras, more creepy ai kids and all the knick knacks we can handle. We don't want to hear about games! All we want to know is how much money Nintendo makes.

Exactly man! Wii Vitality Sensor FTW!

Wow Travis, go take some LSD and maybe you can give us a release date for HL: EP 3 and even tell us if Alyx is naked or not! Don't stop now!

EDIT: Woah wait a sec...comic 99...

One more to go until the next milestone Shamus!

Hah. I love the joke about Valve paying him to leave.

Three guesses on what he was bothering them about. First two episodes don't count.

DeadlyYellow:

Three guesses on what he was bothering them about. First two episodes don't count.

ic wut u did thar.

Also, I loved the "creepy kid thing" comment about Milo. It really is a bit too big of a leap to go from barely talking to games at all (and in very few games), to suddenly having a game where we're expected to be fully engaged in the conversation with the game.

WhiteTigerShiro:
Also, I loved the "creepy kid thing" comment about Milo. It really is a bit too big of a leap to go from barely talking to games at all (and in very few games), to suddenly having a game where we're expected to be fully engaged in the conversation with the game.

Could it be any creepier than Seaman?

At least that had Leonard Nimoy to help us with the initial shock of it.

DeadlyYellow:

WhiteTigerShiro:

Could it be any creepier than Seaman?

At least that had Leonard Nimoy to help us with the initial shock of it.

You didn't have to emote and get into it with Seaman, though. In fact, the voice recognition was crappy enough that you could basically grunt into the microphone and he'd know what you're "saying" if you know what sounds it links to which words.

Russian_Assassin:

HardRockSamurai:

What, you mean the Joystique?

WhiteTigerShiro:

DeadlyYellow:

ic wut u did thar.

The creepy factor of Project Natal doesn't really come from being fully engaged in conversation with a computer so much as it does from the E3 demo having a woman in her thirties putting the moves on a fully digital small boy.

Tunahead:

WhiteTigerShiro:

DeadlyYellow:

ic wut u did thar.

The creepy factor of Project Natal doesn't really come from being fully engaged in conversation with a computer so much as it does from the E3 demo having a woman in her thirties putting the moves on a fully digital small boy.

My apologies for your troubled upbringing as a child if you honestly thought that her interaction with Milo was "putting the moves" on him.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here