Unskippable: E3 Trailers

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Random Wanderer:

Ghadente:

anyway,
"it's destiny for me to go to Tashi (?) station for some power converters"

This line sounds like i should know where its from... can anyone refresh my memory? what is this joke referencing?

Star Wars. That's what Luke wanted to do rather than take the new droids inside and get them cleaned up.

Ah! yes yes i remember that, i knew it sounded familiar! great stuff. i haven't watched star wars in so long.
thx much

Am I the only one still excited for Huxley? ;_;
I guess despite having been waiting for it since the first Dead Rising was first heard of might make people not care anymore, but Im...patient?

Kiutu:
I guess despite having been waiting for it since the first Dead Rising was first heard of might make people not care anymore, but Im...patient?

Either patient or optimistic, and we wouldnŽt have you any other way. But as a heads up, brace yourself for a shock.

Dude this game is sooo ripping off WH40K. There should be a global law against such crap like coming on death row for ripping off WH40K or something. Dude this makes me sick, doesn't stupid game desingers have their own original ideas?

Triple G:
Dude this game is sooo ripping off WH40K. There should be a global law against such crap like coming on death row for ripping off WH40K or something. Dude this makes me sick, doesn't stupid game desingers have their own original ideas?

What is? Huxley? I do not think big armor counts as ripping off anyone as much as it is just a thing. Starcraft did it too, though not as extravegantly. Besides, it is minor, and Huxley is not really going to be much like Warhammer anyways. Ripping off in gaming is kinda dumb to bitch about anyways since it is impossible not to anymore. It is when it is blatant though, like if they were also named that and such.

Incredible Bullshitting Man:

Kiutu:

Either patient or optimistic, and we wouldnŽt have you any other way. But as a heads up, brace yourself for a shock.

For it totally sucking or something? I learned from the first Fable, and am prepaired for it to suck or something, but really I may like it just cause it is a MMO for the 360. FFXI pissed me off, and my PSU disc broke (and it was very bare feeling online) and I am not a PC gamer so maybe it will make me like it anyways.
I just hope that it does not turn out to be like, nothing there. I do not want to have to say "What the hell were they doing anyways!?"

cool jokes guys keep them goming

The spice must flow!

Also:
"Dude this game is sooo ripping off WH40K. There should be a global law against such crap like coming on death row for ripping off WH40K or something. Dude this makes me sick, doesn't stupid game desingers have their own original ideas?"

If it was ripping off 40k, someone would have been torn or cut in half. This is like 40k for kids, all colourful and less brutal.

Kiutu:
For it totally sucking or something? I learned from the first Fable, and am prepared for it to suck or something, but really I may like it just cause it is a MMO for the 360. FFXI pissed me off, and my PSU disc broke (and it was very bare feeling online) and I am not a PC gamer so maybe it will make me like it anyways.
I just hope that it does not turn out to be like, nothing there. I do not want to have to say "What the hell were they doing anyways!?"

WeŽll have to wait and see, but IŽm not feeling hopeful. The shock could be that of disappointment. It could, however, turn out to be rather good, which would also be quite a shock (on the other hand, I would be shocked even if I expected it to be good, since IŽm usually wrong in these things.) Either way, one of us will be shocked.

Enough of this. Anymore shocks could cause a heart attack.

Good point with Huxley and the shield thing.
Like seriously, what's the point of bullet proof shields if you use it when nearly all the grunts are ALREADY DEAD.

Silly idiots.

"Who broke the moon?"
My first thought was... Vincent! After all, he was watching it!

Pure class, guys!

Elexia:
Does the Edge of Twilight narrator have a deep Australian accent?

I'm not sure was an accent in there, just that he sounded REALLY depressed.

Still, out of those three games, that one did look the most interesting to me.

Another awesome one guys! Keep them coming :)

Propagandasaurus:
So Edge of Twilight is just a sequel to this Godspeed You Black Emperor song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS2BrxcWWZA

?

Hahahahah, that's exactly what I thought too. Way to make your trailer a shitty ripoff of an awesome song.

this is three dog...ahhoww...

The Dune reference at the end! Gold.

Man that Huxley game looks terrible! You guys really ripped that game a new one!

Great Job!
I am extremely unexcited to play every game mentioned!

heh heh the spice must flow i love dune qotes. i liked the Huxley one the best

Three games...err, game trailers in one episode? Good work guys. Huxley was my fav out of the three.

Kiutu:

Triple G:

What is? Huxley? I do not think big armor counts as ripping off anyone as much as it is just a thing. Starcraft did it too, though not as extravegantly. Besides, it is minor, and Huxley is not really going to be much like Warhammer anyways. Ripping off in gaming is kinda dumb to bitch about anyways since it is impossible not to anymore. It is when it is blatant though, like if they were also named that and such.

I was thinking about the "monster" at the ending that really looked like a tyranid. Like really really looked like a tyranid. As if they have watched the DoW II trailer too often & thought it would be cool to insert tyranids in their game.

Trying to hard to be funny, starts off well, but then it just gets nitpickingly awful. They should watch zero-punctuation, and comedies more often to see how "humour" works.

I mean maybe they expected Huxley's troops to do a beowulf, and fight naked. I guess that would even look worse except for the women which would probably be AoC style awkwardness.

Besides isn't Huxley like 3 years too late, i mean i thought it went the way of Duke Nukem, even with the recession it wasn't enough to kill it. Man, hope they've been working on the graphics engine a la starting conviction over again with the AC2 engine. (Although even with that conviction still looks a very poor game which has been done more often than Jack Bauer's choice in women).

Hilarious!

Loved these, great job!

Oh my God, Huxley looks like GARBAGE! It looks waaaaay different than what i saw in an old (and i mean OLD) Tips and Tricks magazine i have.
It looks like another japanese shooter with bad writing.

The Edge of Twilight trailer was one of the most pretentious pieces of crap i have ever seen in my life. It told NOTHING of the game and it was trying to make it all epic and whatnot. Yeah, it's gonna be as epic as Too Human.

NO MORE FINAL FANTASY GAMES. God...

The video was hilarious. The Huxley part cracked me up since that game looks like ass.

ReverseEngineered:

It's like they are trying to sell stock in Bree-X. "We have a video game, we swear, it's just one more year until we finish development and can show you the final thing. No, you can't see our prototypes."

as called the Duke Nukem Forever syndrom

Oh god that was the best unskippable in a long long time. There's too many things to quote in one post.

....Cockroaches
Yep.

I actually snickered at that callback.

awsome job and i loved the dune referance.

Steve is always being blamed for everything. XD

Ha, I love this series. It reminds me of Mystery Science Theatre 3000. Speaking of which, you know what you guys should do? You should put a frame around the cutscene that shows animated versions of yourselves watching the cutscenes as you make commentary. The guys who did the Sonic Shorts flashes on Newgrounds did that for the end credits on one of 'em. Just a suggestion.
Anyway in regards to this episode, I wasn't expecting you to do the E3 trailers; interesting. And yes, it was nice when game trailers actually told you something about the game. Those were the bygone days.

/tapsfoot and waits patiently

:P

"Aaahhhh, the turtle-necks do nothing!!" - Thats gotta be the hardest I've laughed at any Unskippable review ever.

I don't know if it's just because I'm very drunk at the moment but this is definetly the funniest one I've seen. I've never really laughed out loud at your reviews before but I laughed a lot during this one.

I honestly think Unskippable is getting funnier every time. I wasn't sure I liked it when you first started out, but it's really finding it's feet now and I'm glad I stuck with it.

Thanks a lot, guys.

Did any one else notice that this Huxley game seems to be a new not-funny imagining of Red vs. Blue?

In the future, the one with the biggest Turtleneck is king.

Okay, I want someone to explain this to me. A new Final Fantasy MMORPG? Really? You can do that? I thought once you established one MMORPG, you stick with that one and continuously upgrade it, you know, like an MMORPG. So what's going to happen to XI? I don't play it and I don't care that much, but that's bloody confusing. What, did everyone get bored of XI? I'm pretty sure allot of people still use it. Why is another one needed? If it's an issue of upgrading their graphics and gameplay, why not an expansion? What, if a game doesn't have the largest amount of cells in their 3D graphics available, do they get shunned by the entire main stream gamer community?

You know what, I'll play it if there's no monthly fee, because the prices they charged for the last one was ridiculous and inhuman.

FINALLY someone who knows the spice must flow reference i was beginning to think i was the only one seriously how do you guys know all these obscure references and why do i get all of them

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here