Review: Ghostbusters

Pages 1 2 NEXT

If there's something strange in your neighborhood, who you gonna call?

Read Full Article

Jordan Deam:

My family to see if they had anything to do with it. We're the strangest, most disfunctional people you will ever wish you've never met.

Now to read this article and compare it with the reviews already out there.

Jordan Deam:
If there's something strange in you neighborhood, who you gonna call?

The Spelling Police. Then the Ghostbusters for the ghost problem.

Ah god Ghostbusters theme is stuck in my head

Now I can either wait till the 360 version comes out but that will take months other in the UK so I suppose I have to pick up the PS3 version.

Though it is nice to see a movie tie in game with the original cast!

GuNsLiNgEr X:

Jordan Deam:

Oh burn man.

That's just cruel.

That's just horrible.

Especially to a guy who did a review, that I finished reading, up to expectations....

not cool.

I'll be picking this up today.

mentor07825:

GuNsLiNgEr X:

Jordan Deam:

Oh burn man.

That's just cruel.

That's just horrible.

Especially to a guy who did a review, that I finished reading, up to expectations....

not cool.

Thank you, I do try.

Yay, another positive review, meanwhile, only 136 days until I can play it.

They crossed the streams!!!!!

Okay so this makes 3 positive reviews, so I'm gonna buy it this weekend.

I hope the "taking pictures of ghosts" part doesn't resemble Fatal Frame that much. FFrame scared the crap out of me.

Oh yeah does anyone know what happens if you cross the streams ingame? If it gives my xbox a RRoD I'll kill someone.

GuNsLiNgEr X:

mentor07825:

GuNsLiNgEr X:

Jordan Deam:

Oh burn man.

That's just cruel.

That's just horrible.

not cool.

Thank you, I do try.

It's also a direct quote from the movie and was actually used on the movie posters back in the 80s.

I trust you, Dream. I'll go and rent this tonight.

If it sucks, you had better be locking your door!

Flying-Emu:

I would be careful, I'm sure he now owns an unlicensed nuclear accelerator in the form of a backpack.

Jordan Deam:

Read Full Article

This is completely off-topic, but your avatar, I actually recognise it :O That was one HELL of a weird film.

somelameshite:
Okay so this makes 3 positive reviews, so I'm gonna buy it this weekend.

I hope the "taking pictures of ghosts" part doesn't resemble Fatal Frame that much. FFrame scared the crap out of me.

Oh yeah does anyone know what happens if you cross the streams ingame? If it gives my xbox a RRoD I'll kill someone.

If you cross the streams for more than a few seconds, you trigger a "total protonic reversal" (duh!) that damages you and whoever you crossed streams with.

As for the "taking pictures of ghosts" thing, it's vaguely similar to the camera mechanic in BioShock, only a lot shallower. (For example, you really only take pictures of each ghost once.)

Nice review, i will not be buying or playing it anything in the near future ^^ but it's nice to see what I'm missing out on lol

I was wondering... since this takes place post-Ghostbusters 2 movie, do they explain how they got the Statue of Liberty back on her island?

Ollie596:
Ah god Ghostbusters theme is stuck in my head

Now I can either wait till the 360 version comes out but that will take months other in the UK so I suppose I have to pick up the PS3 version.

Though it is nice to see a movie tie in game with the original cast!

God dammit, did you have to post the theme song? Now i'm gonna have to go buy the game.

Stupid nostalgia....

Cousin_IT:
They crossed the streams!!!!!

Alot.

118!!! :D Apologies for the bad joke, but I couldn't resist. I ain't afraid of no goats!

Spinwhiz:

GuNsLiNgEr X:

mentor07825:

GuNsLiNgEr X:

Jordan Deam:

Oh burn man.

That's just cruel.

That's just horrible.

not cool.

Thank you, I do try.

It's also a direct quote from the movie and was actually used on the movie posters back in the 80s.

Uh huh. Do me a favor and read the original that Gunslinger quoted oooooone more time. I think you'll find it enlightening.

Keshihead:

118!!! :D Apologies for the bad joke, but I couldn't resist. I ain't afraid of no goats!

*Sound of gunfire*

Propagandasaurus:

Spinwhiz:

GuNsLiNgEr X:

mentor07825:

GuNsLiNgEr X:

Jordan Deam:

Oh burn man.

That's just cruel.

That's just horrible.

not cool.

Thank you, I do try.

Uh huh. Do me a favor and read the original that Gunslinger quoted oooooone more time. I think you'll find it enlightening.

buwahahahahahahaha!

Kuliani:
I was wondering... since this takes place post-Ghostbusters 2 movie, do they explain how they got the Statue of Liberty back on her island?

A wizard did it.

Got my copy and I can't wait to start busting ghosts. Been waiting 20 years for this game.

sirdanrhodes:
Yay, another positive review, meanwhile, only 136 days until I can play it.

There isn't a release date for where I live. *sob* I won't be able to get this until the end of December, when I fly to America for Christmas. I want this game so, so much. Curse my lack of a credit card!

There is no Xbox 360 version of this game in Europe. That's retarded. Because the PS3 controller sucks a big one, so I'm not gonna buy this game. :(

I gotta say, despite how good the game is, this games launch is so botched.

360 versions aren't available in Europe, but is available in the U.S., the PC version requires an internet connection, but has no co-op (at least it's half price), and I haven't heard a damn thing about the Wii version yet.

who you gonna call? :D

p.s. nice review ;)

Kuliani:

Probably not. Also if you look closely you'll notice that at the end of the movie the statue is in fact already back on its island, so its not as if that event occured between the movie and the game, I assume they put it back fairly promptly.

Also I'm OBSESSED with ghostbusters and watched it like a billion times growing up, so I'm definitely picking this up TODAY on my way to work. I just wish I didn't have to work first before I get a chance to play the thing.

I-I-I-I ain't afraid of no ghost!

The reason for no Xbox EU launch yet was covered here on this site a month or so back... basically Sony picked up the EU shipping rights or something similar, so it's an EU PS3 exclusive.

Just picked up the PC version of the game, and it won't install. Seems a lot of other PC users are having the same problem: installer just says it was aborted before it could finish (BS!)and doesn't install the .exe files.

This is the only game im looking forward to this year. I will be making a purchase as soon as possible.

DaxStrife:
Just picked up the PC version of the game, and it won't install. Seems a lot of other PC users are having the same problem: installer just says it was aborted before it could finish (BS!)and doesn't install the .exe files.

after they fix this.

perhaps its out on steam?

I've been looking forward to this game and now seeing all the positive reviews I am so picking this up this weekend when I get paid.

Hahah the whole review the theme song was playing in my head.

Maybe I will have to pick this one up.

Spinwhiz:

Flying-Emu:

I would be careful, I'm sure he now owns an unlicensed nuclear accelerator in the form of a backpack.

I'm sure he does.

But I? I have a little thing called... well, I have my neighbor's chainsaw. That's a fair fight right?

Right!?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or