Zero Punctuation: The Second Annual E3 Hype Massacre

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 15 NEXT

The Second Annual E3 Hype Massacre

This week, Zero Punctuation shares some thoughts on games hyped at e3 2009.

Watch Video

E3 only has the same constituency as any advertisement, and that is eaxactly it's job, and advertisement!

As far as I'm concerned, any mere hope of a interesting game is satisfying enough.

"Nobody unwinds by waving their arms about like an air traffic controller covered in beetles."

I wish people would atyleasst begin to watch before trying to make generic first posts that claw at not being blocked

personaly, natal looks staggering, if it works,
also their human simulations are still creepy, need to get a tad realer before id be comfortable3 atall...

Akurenji:
E3 only has the same constituency as any advertisement, and that is eaxactly it's job, and advertisement!

As far as I'm concerned, any mere hope of a interesting game is satisfying enough.

This. A person I know who works in the video game industry said that this years E3 was boring. I believe her, because she'd be heavily involved.

I don't hold a lot of stock in E3, but rather I'd spend the money to go to a Game Developers Conference.

Hehe.
Selling shiny things to magpies.

<------

Thank you Mr. Croshaw for stating the obvious about E3!

Hmmm I think they'll be better than you think they'll be.

If it dosn't look good then then it probibly wont in the future when they come out. -_-'

People = Shit

That pretty much sums up the people that go to E3

This had me curled over in a laughing fit in the middle of class, though I'm sure it would have been much worse if I'd actually watched E3 this year.

...though I don't feel like I'm missing anything...

Hilarious as always, and I agree with your comments on Final Fantasy XIV. My thoughts exactly.

ha loved the back of the throat theme tune at the end

YES! FINALLY SOMETHING RIGHT!

I was so looking forward to this. That throat noise over the end credits just cracked me up. "Too much innovation at once will cause people's heads to explode"

"You are double shitburger with large fries"

and many, many good one-liners!

Well, I prefer reviews over hype anyway, because because experiments are better than theories.

Credit gurgling was hilarious.

The noise scared me...

I nearly pissed myself during the credit gargling.

no mention of Golden Sun 3? i'm disappointed. the rest was good though

Yahtzee can make some exceedingly odd noises.
I'm slightly scared.

Still, a decent review, didn't make me laugh as much as some others, but there you go.

That's pretty much how I figured Yahtzee would sound with something down his throat.

...I mean, yes, it makes perfect logical sense for being pessimistic about everything.

Great one, there's a whole lot of ammo to be had from E3!

Well it was a little more strange than it needed to be...

This was so much better than the last week, too bad he did not mention GOW3, God Of War!

Epic as always

Ah yes, Last Guardian...

Does anyone feel it was slightly rushed this week? I suppose he has got a lot of content to get through but still...

GeEom:
I wish people would atyleasst begin to watch before trying to make generic first posts that claw at not being blocked

personaly, natal looks staggering, if it works,
also their human simulations are still creepy, need to get a tad realer before id be comfortable3 atall...

Thats a little hypocritical, seeing as you posted before you could have possibly watched it all.

Good one. :)

The only reasonable promising thing at E3 was the part about Supreme Commander 2, the rest needs to kill their design team and hire a new one and create a new game, not in a any way shape or from like their previous ones.

Pretty good. I hope for a review next, though.

increasingly not final fantasy for square enix, the fantasy being "WE CAN MAKE THE GAME AGAIN!"

huzzah for the the truth if not a little overboard, but if he wasnt overboard, he wouldnt be ben.

You sounded like a dying murloc...

That was a simply amazing summary of E3. Also, I was honestly gut-laughing at the credits, which is actually a huge thing for me considering I don't usually laugh that hard at things I'm watching by myself (you know how that is...I hope...shut up).

i will express my feelings with a strangled noise lol

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 15 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or