Zero Punctuation: The Second Annual E3 Hype Massacre

Pages PREV 1 . . . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 NEXT

Holy shit. i just realized that at the end of his review, where they do his theme song, his *strangeled noise* matches the music!

benjtfell:
People = Shit

That pretty much sums up the people that go to E3

I think you're not entirely grasping the meaning of that quote.

Zero Punctuation is such a cool guy. Kills the E3 hype and doesn't afraid of anything.
Perhaps the best part of this video was the Bayonetta pun and the snide commentary on Nintendo's hardcore offerings.

No snarking on Brutal Legend?

Perhaps this means that Yahtzee, like everyone else, can find nothing wrong with this game that will surely be the second coming of Christ.

Or Tim Schafer.

Same thing, really.

Metroid other m... where was that?

rickheg:

The Rockerfly:
Does anyone feel it was slightly rushed this week? I suppose he has got a lot of content to get through but still...

I agree. I also felt like it was more of Yahtzee working on a stand-up act than a review of anything. Still funny though.

We (and he) hardly know anything about the games yet, he was just quickly riffing on them in order to cover as much as possible within a couple minutes.

Ironically, the description of Natal is pretty much what can be said about the wii :D

E3's awesome, but it's even better when he makes fun of it. LOL

he was quick this week. but thats what makes him Yahtzee.

i can't belive that game trailers gave best game to god of war 3, out of there nominees i think assaisins creed 2 should of won

Mr. Croshaw hit the E3 nail on the head.
Don't get excited, people, they're gonna suck.

You forgot Brutal Legend Yahtzee!!!!!!

That was fucking funny!
"More like....hey you...better not buy this game. Oh, fuck you."

Personally I boycott ANY game, book, or movie with "rising" in the title.

DrEmo:
Mr. Croshaw hit the E3 nail on the head.
Don't get excited, people, they're gonna suck.

Because a game about Metal Mythology, the sequel to the best selling Call of Duty, a Metroid game being made by Team Ninja, a game about the f'ing Beatles, and Mass Effect 2 totally aren't good ideas.

Hahaa, good stuff.

Funny as ever

Is it just me or has his reviews seemed happier as of late? His tone of voice has seemed cheerier is the last few reviews and his jokes seem a little more playful and not as full of classic Yahtzee venom.

Not that that's a bad thing (it's actually sorta refreshing) but did he go on uppers or something?

I find it ironic that Yahtzee criticised the sequel to the game he liked (Assassin`s Creed), but made no mention of the sequel to the game he disliked (Mass Effect ).

In any case, I think Renaissance Italy is a far more innovative choice compared to some generic future timeframe. Infact, Ubisoft could not have chosen a better time period. Not only does Venice prior to the discovery of the Americas provide a lot of political intrigue (since Venice was preety much at the top of it`s power then), it is also one of the most underused historical periods in the video game industry (the only games I can recall with a similar timeframe are Machiavelli: The Prince and the Europa Universalis series). Plus, firearms start to make an appearance during that time, while still being relatively weak compared to cold weapons.

Overall, I do not understand why Yahtzee would want the sequel to occur in the future, particularly since it would most likely end up being your standard science-fiction fare with FTL travel, laser beams and aliens that look and talk like humans (plus the whole "humans rule, aliens suck" thing).

They should quote that guttural sound as a press opinion on the respective games.

Had me laughing the whole way through hehe

Tom Phoenix:
I find it ironic that Yahtzee criticised the sequel to the game he liked (Assassin`s Creed), but made no mention of the sequel to the game he disliked (Mass Effect ).

I think you need a refresh on your Yahtzee knowledge.

Viggo:

Tom Phoenix:

I think you need a refresh on your Yahtzee knowledge.

Em...why is that? He said that Assassin`s Creed is full of design flaws, but that it presents itself well and draws you in. On the other hand, he criticised Mass Effect for having too much dialogue and an akward inventory system.

So unless I missed something, I would say he definitely liked Assassin`s Creed, but did not like Mass Effect at all.

Tom Phoenix:

Em...why is that? He said that Assassin`s Creed is full of design flaws, but that it presents itself well and draws you in. On the other hand, he criticised Mass Effect for having too much dialogue and an akward inventory system.

So unless I missed something, I would say he definitely liked Assassin`s Creed, but did not like Mass Effect at all.

Narcotics also draw you in. Anyway, he's mentioned ME after that review. That's the one I'm talking about. But I'm not saying which :>

Nazulu:
"Oh sorry, I didn't see you Nintendo with all that casual seamen crust on your face" lol that was a good stab at Nintendo especially when they bloody well deserve it! Alot of funny stuff in this one, and I reckon the hook shot will come first. :D

Oh, and have you actually been following Nintendo? If you had, you'd realize that they'd been working on a new Mario title for some time, had recently released some genuinely awesome games like Exitebots and Punch-Out, and are currently working on new Zelda and Pikmin. If Nintendo deserves anything, it's praise.

itsmeyouidiot:

Nazulu:
"Oh sorry, I didn't see you Nintendo with all that casual seamen crust on your face" lol that was a good stab at Nintendo especially when they bloody well deserve it! Alot of funny stuff in this one, and I reckon the hook shot will come first. :D

Oh, and have you actually been following Nintendo? If you had, you'd realize that they'd been working on a new Mario title for some time, had recently released some genuinely awesome games like Exitebots and Punch-Out, and are currently working on new Zelda and Pikmin. If Nintendo deserves anything, it's praise.

Oh yeah! After so many crap games, after so many years of waiting and after fucking up some of my favourite games like Brawl and Mario Kart!

Remember when they told us they didn't want to give us satisfaction? Something along the lines of being a sell out. And now they are bringing out Mario Galaxy 2 with Yoshi. Yay! like that hasn't been done before, also a new Zelda because what else could they possibly do?

Just so you know I do follow Nintendo because I only own a Wii. I play more virtual console and gamecube games on it than anything else so what the hell is the point of praising them?

Mario Galaxy and some others were good games that I had fun with but I have played far better games on their previous consoles.

Nazulu:

itsmeyouidiot:

Nazulu:

Oh yeah! After so many crap games, after so many years of waiting and after fucking up some of my favourite games like Brawl and Mario Kart!

Remember when they told us they didn't want to give us satisfaction? Something along the lines of being a sell out. And now they are bringing out Mario Galaxy 2 with Yoshi. Yay! like that hasn't been done before, also a new Zelda because what else could they possibly do?

Just so you know I do follow Nintendo because I only own a Wii. I play more virtual console and gamecube games on it than anything else so what the hell is the point of praising them?

Mario Galaxy and some others were good games that I had fun with but I have played far better games on their previous consoles.

If you though Nintendo fucked up Mario Kart and Brawl, then your opinions obviously have no merit whatsoever, as you are fucking nuts.

What asylum do they keep you in, and how often do they let you use the computers?

I'm surprised he didn't say anything about Splinter Cell Conviction.

"THEY'RE REALLY CONNECTING!"

I'm somewhat amused that none of the E3 games I'm actually interested in were mentioned here. It's a good thing I'm a pessimist anyway, or I might be getting excited.

itsmeyouidiot:

Nazulu:

itsmeyouidiot:

Nazulu:

If you though Nintendo fucked up Mario Kart and Brawl, then your opinions obviously have no merit whatsoever, as you are fucking nuts.

What asylum do they keep you in, and how often do they let you use the computers?

If you think those are great games then you are one sad little man. Very very sad.

Nazulu:

itsmeyouidiot:

Nazulu:

itsmeyouidiot:

Nazulu:

If you think those are great games then you are one sad little man. Very very sad.

Funny, that's pretty much the exact same thing I said about you. Why don't we just both agree to disagree. And then maybe we can both agree you're a hateful lunatic.

itsmeyouidiot:

Nazulu:

itsmeyouidiot:

Nazulu:

itsmeyouidiot:

Nazulu:

Funny, that's pretty much the exact same thing I said about you. Why don't we just both agree to disagree. And then maybe we can both agree you're a hateful lunatic.

Yeah, that you are the reason gaming is getting worse and you have horrible taste. I can definitely agree with that.

Also next time you want to fight, don't! Maybe if you wanted to know the reason for my post, thats fine but if you just feel personally offended well, you shouldn't be because not everyone is going to agree with you.

Dragonblade146:
You sounded like a dying murloc...

I lol'd at this.

I think I have a problem. I enjoy Yahtzee making sounds far too much. I laughed at it in his Valkyria Chronicles review, and it sent me into hysterics this time.

Funniest episode in a long time. I almost died laughing from the gargling.

Hehehe, "People = Shit" is a song by Slipknot (and an awesome song BTW)[look it up]
Amazing review, as to be expected; and I would bet very large sums of money on his predictions. He is psychic, i swear.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here