Zero Punctuation: The Second Annual E3 Hype Massacre

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . . . 15 NEXT

one of the best yet, i love when yahtzee hates the world... makes me feel like im not alone :D

looking forward to them robot hookers.

Wow, I've never laughed that hard at a ZP.

freaking hilarious haha

While I will admit to being pleased with E3 being about the excitement of videogaming again I'm with Yahtzee in that nothing seemed that exciting. Granted, I find it hard to hop aboard the hype-train of any game; I mean, they're just games. *looks around for hurled rocks* Besides, the lead-time for most of these pre-previews means they'll be out gods-know-when and we'll just have months of magazine and gamesite rumors//news/screenshots thrown at us anyway so ultimately I prefer to sit back, ignore the rain of blipverts for whatever game-of-the-minute is being talked about, and wait for the titles to actually hit the shelves.

benjtfell:
People = Shit

That pretty much sums up the people that go to E3

It's also a slipknot song...try and guess what the chorus is. (Its hilarious)

YEp. Yahtzee was right on everything. None of them seemed to be too interesting, and Nintendo's was the biggest failfest of them all.

Good game, Mr. Yahtzee.

Still waiting on my favorite series by the way. Stupid E3 hogs.

Ending: Ba dumb-tish

"people are shit"

its so true

I don't know, I kinda like Sony's "wiimote-rip-off-even-though-it's-somehow-better-than-it wand-thing". Also, I loved you choking (I can't really think of what else to call the noise) the theme of the show during the ending.

This video had me laughing to the point where I practically had tears in my eyes by the end credits. Great pessimistic outlook on future gaming possibilities... (Let's not take it too seriously, now, shall we?)

Whenever I see Natal, I think of a really good tennis player. Am I alone in this?

Back on topic: You almost made me spray my drink all over my computer, asshole. I loved it.

Once again, a funny look at the debacle that is E3

Although I am slightly looking forward to Assassin's Creed 2

god that last part is exatcly how i feel about the world... screw you all

though i cant wait for halo reach, its going to be an interesting story, as its following the books... you know those funny little paper things that are entirely made of PLOT. and there are some truly interesting moments that i cant wait for... this is quite promising

You are entertaining as always Yahtzee, and you did touch on Alan Wake which was the one I most hoped you would check out. But E3 is a hyper ad-fest and we count on your penetrating insight to pick through the muck and point us towards the shiniest targets so we have a better chance of spending time on a worthwhile game instead of frustrated that we have been lured in once again into wasting valuable time on poorly designed ones. I look forward to your next game review.

That was a beutiful song, Yahtzee.

Some parts were funny but it left me feeling Yahtzee was just being rude to appease his fans who associate him with that. Still did like the "People are shits" section though.

The choking at the end ... sounded like a Gremlin to me. When they start to sing at the end of errrr Gremlin's 2 I think.

I'm hoping Alan Wake will be good. At the very least, the E3 demonstration looked promising.

he sounded excited and upbeat this week. glarghqqghrvi!

Am I the only person in the world that truly believes that the Griffin in the Last Guardian will survive?

I mean, Team Ico is not known for it's unambiguously happy endings, but they haven't, for the sake of spoilers, killed a protagonist yet.

I mean, I definitely want to believe it's gonna live but more importantly, the evidence supported by past games point to it living or coming back to life after a close call.

TL;DR: Stop saying the poor thing is gonna die! I wont hear it! (babbles and covers his ears) I can't hear you!

No mention of Brütal Legend? I take that as a good sign because Yahtzee couldn't even attempt to criticize it, haha.

Yay! A New ZP on my birthday! The best gift ever! Also, another very funny one!

Acid Armageddon:
Yay! A New ZP on my birthday! The best gift ever! Also, another very funny one!

Bit wondering about what you are getting for B-day.. ;D

hope the new games wont be as crappy as yathzee believes :/

Orange Monkey:
Anyone else get the feeling he's just in a bad mood? I mean while quite a few of the E3 shown games do look bad not ALL of them do. I'm looking forward to Assasins Creed 2 and The Last Guardian.

But the thing about Natal I completely agree with.

The Last Guardian ( somebody needs to teach the art guy what a griffin is and especially how one looks like )... yep... I would too... if it would be not on PS3. Potential good game on a crappy console as exclusive title = dip-shit!

That was probably the least funny ZP yet. It's a bit unfortunate to see it go the way of the Simpsons, but that lasted a good 15 years before going to shit. Yahtzee's been much more effecient about it.

There is a certain irony in the fact that the high-brow gamers (if there is such a thing) that Yahtzee very much sees himself a part of have moved on from his videos and he's been left with a crowd of the fanboys he so professes to hate.

That was the first ZP that I have actually lol'd at in a good while. (It takes a lot to make me laugh when I'm by myself).

He forgot Metroid the other M. But I can't blame him, most of us fell asleep by the time the trailer was shown, after 20 hours(relative) of casual game waggly-doo.

defaultuser:
Fan-friggin-tastic! But what about Scribblenauts? I thought you would dig that. Everyone was shouting about it being best in show.

Scribblenauts does look awesome.
God vs Cthulu?
Sold.

Nothing about MGS Peace Walker?

re: PureChaos

Because Golden Sun (3) does not get the hype it deserves. Yet. /biased opinion

This was exactly what I needed today, thank you, Yahtzee!

Holy Crap! I'm loving the shit out of the new end theme song! Now it has a chorus!!! yay! :D

Odjin:

Orange Monkey:
Anyone else get the feeling he's just in a bad mood? I mean while quite a few of the E3 shown games do look bad not ALL of them do. I'm looking forward to Assasins Creed 2 and The Last Guardian.

But the thing about Natal I completely agree with.

The Last Guardian ( somebody needs to teach the art guy what a griffin is and especially how one looks like )... yep... I would too... if it would be not on PS3. Potential good game on a crappy console as exclusive title = dip-shit!

Ehh I try not to get caught up in the whole console wars, both have their strengths and weaknesses, personally I have a 360 and was hoping for a ''The Last Guardian'' port to the Xbox.

And perhaps the art team was using creative licence, I mean it would be pretty boring if it was just a plain old Griffin which we've seen a hundred times wouldn't it?

Totally agree with the Nintendo section: too many Marios and a Zelda that will undoubtedly be far too similar to all the others? (On console anyway; handheld Zeldas have sucked since Gameboy Advance.)

I laughed a lot. Then agreed with the whole: "Nat-ahl", "Nay-tal" thing. I pronounce it like the second one, and it bugs me like heck when someone corrects me.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . . . 15 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here