Little Big MadWorld

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Little Big MadWorld

Why we need more motherf***ing Wii games and cuddly PS3 games.

Read Full Article

Or they should make it so all the different consoles play the same games.

There are quite a few mature games on the wii, problem is, most of them suck.
I was just saying this on a forum but what Nintendo needs is for R* to make a GTA or Bethesda needs to make a TES for the wii.

If the ModNation (Racers) brand is going to come out with a series of cute moddable games, it can really even things out for the ps3.

Sadly I have not played MadWorld yet, only NoMoreHeroes, a terrific game that made me think for just one little second that the Wii isn't just for 8 year olds and their grandparents.

It would help if gory games on the Wii weren't using that to cover up that they're shallow repetitive experiences that are rife with (unfixable) bugs.

And while LittleBigPlanet is still one of the best games of all time, something like Eyepet looks a more repetitive and shallow experience, not something you could spend any real time with...like Milo, but without the feeling of dread at the site of him or the mexican version who robs you.

GonzoGamer:

If the ModNation (Racers) brand is going to come out with a series of cute moddable games, it can really even things out for the ps3.

Modnation RPG...ers should be interesting.

This is actually something that I been have talking to people about lately. I find it somewhat frustrating to hear about a good game, how awesome and revolutionary it may seem to be, only to find out its some exclusive to a console I don't own, or rarely use.

I liked how consoles were compared to DVD players in this article. That is how consoles should be, but never will, unfortunately. I can only dream of buying a game, not worrying about what is compatible with it and what hardware I will need to play it, but just simply playing it. There wouldn't be any annoying arguments about who has the better hardware, or console, there would just be options of how you can play it, not requirements.

The "Big Three", as it was put, has certainly taken steps in that direction, however, whether it be their intention or not. As with the examples MadWorld and LittleBigPlanet, it is becoming apparent that the Big Three have begun to realize that diversity is almost as important as original games are, although the two can coexist rather nicely.

In other news...

...naughty spike and and dribbles...
...anyone that might might see, hear, or...
...in order to to lash them...

This is one of the many reasons I am a PC gamer.

It has a great deal of flexibility in gaming, and I know there are games that aren't released on the PC, but thankfully they aren't the sorts of games I'm interested in.

Andy_Panthro:

It has a great deal of flexibility in gaming, and I know there are games that aren't released on the PC, but thankfully they aren't the sorts of games I'm interested in.

When was the last time a good and cute game was released on the PC that wasn't Free Realms? Similarly, when was the last time the PC saw a game as brutal as God of War III?

This problem just gets people to say "This is how the game was meant to be played" which is the most annoying statement in the history of console fanboyism.

I myself would love to see no games be exclusive, but saddly it could never happen. The big three have their flagship franchises and they need them to put emphasis on their console over the others in the eyes of consumers.

super_smash_jesus:
This problem just gets people to say "This is how the game was meant to be played" which is the most annoying statement in the history of console fanboyism.

Well there are times when a controller is preferred over my mouse and keyboard. Luckily, I have one so I can play any way I want. Wonderful technology isn't it?

I too would like to see more diersity in genres and styles of games on the consoles, XBoxs has WAAAAAAY too many shooters. That's not a healthy diet.

Indigo_Dingo:

Andy_Panthro:

When was the last time a good and cute game was released on the PC that wasn't Free Realms? Similarly, when was the last time the PC saw a game as brutal as God of War III?

*A-hem*

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/6035-Review-Plants-vs-Zombies

CantFaketheFunk:

Indigo_Dingo:

Andy_Panthro:

*A-hem*

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/6035-Review-Plants-vs-Zombies

Are you counting that as the cute or the brutal?

Isn't counting PopCap kinda cheating? Its roughly the equivilant of counting the PsN's downloadable games

Indigo_Dingo:

CantFaketheFunk:

Indigo_Dingo:

Andy_Panthro:

*A-hem*

Isn't counting PopCap kinda cheating? Its roughly the equivilant of counting the PsN's downloadable games

if your bringing PSN's games, then Im bringing in The XBL Arcade. suck on our original DOOM, Duke nukem 3D,

And of course, Castle Crashers.

Although...I really wish Noby noby boy was on xbox... *Sigh*

In other news, yes, its good these guys are mixing it up a bit.

But I wish Exclusives could be multi-platform altogether. Well, we can dump the wii, anyway.

holy crap, I realised something,

THE WII HAS THE MOST EXCLUSIVES OF ALL OF THE BIG THREE!

Ashbax:

Indigo_Dingo:

CantFaketheFunk:

Indigo_Dingo:

Andy_Panthro:

*A-hem*

if your bringing PSN's games, then Im bringing in The XBL Arcade. suck on our original DOOM, Duke nukem 3D,

And of course, Castle Crashers.

Although...I really wish Noby noby boy was on xbox... *Sigh*

You're not exactly helping the 360's case that it has anything other than shooters.

In an ideal world all games would be avaliable on each console tailored so they would get the best preformance out of that console and we wouldn't have anything to fight over.

However Reality dictates that exclusives (No shut up, don't say they aren't important. Maybe they aren't for microsoft because you can get all there games on PC but for PS3 and Wii? yeah they are) are in important part of what makes consoles sell.

Of course it's bad for us 'fans' but it's the way buisness goes. The console you can forgoe is the 360 because for now it has the least to give that a gaming PC wont give as well.

Oh don't forget I own every system one way or the other. I'm just making comments really.

So yeah I still say there should have been a Jak game out by now, a Sly game to. Insomniacs Ratchet games are great... ahhhh

Console wars and exclusives are retarded. So is connecting certain genres to certain consoles. I wholeheartedly agree with you,there should be more diversity in styles on all "Big three" consoles. It's stupid how Wii became completely "kid-friendly" platform,while PS3 and Xbox 360 is all about "violence and tits".

*sigh* It's all so stupid. I really wish Ratchet & Clank series or Killzone 2 or Gears of War 2 were on PC. I would have bought them if they were.

Yes, yes, yes! It seems the word "variety" means nothing to game developers these days. I think the PS3 and Xbox 360 are mostly to blame for this, since the sheer competitiveness between the two doesn't really allow for anything OTHER than a gritty, realistic game to be released in the catalog. Even developers with a history of cartoon-style games have been modernizing their products for this generation of video games. To illustrate:

The guys who made THIS game:

Made THIS game:

While I do appreciate more variety I hope the Wii won't get more games like MadWorld. Why? Because that was so violent it wasn't released in my country. That DOES require going out of your way to be extra violent, Dawn of War 2 with its sync kills is rated 16, that's two steps below "no release". Thematic variety is nice but we don't need Mortal Kombat-esque exploitation games that have no selling point besides "look how violent it is!" Absurdly violent games seem to be a trend lately, this generation I've seen more games blocked from release than ever before. The 360 is especially crippled, missing major titles like Gears of War. Infamous is the only one of the three open world superpower games that even appears on shelves here, Crackdown was blocked and Prototype only gets sold by online stores (and probably not for long if it gets indexed).

I think supplying violent games for the Wii is something second and third parties will have to do though, Nintendo itself simply doesn't operate like that. They do let their "outliers" make games like that, e.g. Monolith Soft's Disaster, but those are still fairly rare. Nintendo itself sees realistic violence as something that reduces the appeal of a game and thus they won't do it.

What I'm inclined to disagree on is that the 360 balances it out. Its shelves are full of browngray violent games rated 16 and 18, the only major title for younger players I can even think of is Viva Pinata.

HardRockSamurai:
Yes, yes, yes! It seems the word "variety" means nothing to game developers these days. I think the PS3 and Xbox 360 are mostly to blame for this, since the sheer competitiveness between the two doesn't really allow for anything OTHER than a gritty, realistic game to be released in the catalog. Even developers with a history of cartoon-style games have been modernizing their products for this generation of video games. To illustrate:

Made THIS game:

Could the answer not possibly be that they didn't want to make another cartoony game, that they wanted to try something different?

Indigo_Dingo:

HardRockSamurai:

Made THIS game:

Could the answer not possibly be that they didn't want to make another cartoony game, that they wanted to try something different?

Possibly, but if they really wanted to try something different they wouldn't have made a sandbox game, set in a large city, featuring a short-brown haired protagonist.

KDR_11k:
While I do appreciate more variety I hope the Wii won't get more games like MadWorld. Why? Because that was so violent it wasn't released in my country. That DOES require going out of your way to be extra violent, Dawn of War 2 with its sync kills is rated 16, that's two steps below "no release". Thematic variety is nice but we don't need Mortal Kombat-esque exploitation games that have no selling point besides "look how violent it is!" Absurdly violent games seem to be a trend lately, this generation I've seen more games blocked from release than ever before. The 360 is especially crippled, missing major titles like Gears of War. Infamous is the only one of the three open world superpower games that even appears on shelves here, Crackdown was blocked and Prototype only gets sold by online stores (and probably not for long if it gets indexed).

I think supplying violent games for the Wii is something second and third parties will have to do though, Nintendo itself simply doesn't operate like that. They do let their "outliers" make games like that, e.g. Monolith Soft's Disaster, but those are still fairly rare. Nintendo itself sees realistic violence as something that reduces the appeal of a game and thus they won't do it.

What I'm inclined to disagree on is that the 360 balances it out. Its shelves are full of browngray violent games rated 16 and 18, the only major title for younger players I can even think of is Viva Pinata.

Where the hell do you live?

HardRockSamurai:

Indigo_Dingo:

HardRockSamurai:

Made THIS game:

Possibly, but if they really wanted to try something different they wouldn't have made a sandbox game, set in a large city, featuring a short-brown haired protagonist.

Different to what they've done.

And none of the other sandbox protagonists I saw could throw lightning out of their hands. So there's that.

Indigo_Dingo:

HardRockSamurai:

Indigo_Dingo:

HardRockSamurai:

Made THIS game:

Different to what they've done.

And none of the other sandbox protagonists I saw could throw lightning out of their hands. So there's that.

True, but how many protagonists OUTSIDE the sandbox realm can throw lightening out of their hands? (HINT: the answer is a number between "several" and "several more") Just face it, inFamous is a decent game, but it's simply a rehash of used ideas and concepts. Additionally, the whole "gritty realism" tone makes it too hard for me to consider it an "original" game. My point is; Sly Cooper = Awesome, inFamous = Meh.

Wouldn't a sandbox in something like Toontown still be awesome? I'm sure toons could have some awesome sandbox activities and if it's just liberal application of pianos and anvils to bystanders.

Indigo_Dingo:
Where the hell do you live?

Germany. We almost didn't get God of War, I have no idea why Sony revised their stance on their "family friendly policies" (or if they censored the game or something) after initially announcing it wouldn't come but at least we got that.

And this is (among other) the reason why I stick to my old dusty PC and don't bother with consoles. No not the whole "exclusive" thing. There have been like 5-6 games in total that are console exclusive that I wanted to play. I'll live.
No what really bugs me are all of these console wars going on. All of this "har har our console is better" shit.

The Wii does need more "Rip and Tear" Games. But it has to be done right, I mean look at Manhunt 2.

THAT was something.

Indigo_Dingo:

Andy_Panthro:

Oh my GOD I agree with Indigo_Dingo on something. Time for me to sell my PS3 and change my Fallout 3 GOTY Preorder to the 360...

Shamus, I don't think I've ever said this, but you're, like, my new god. You speak sense in a concise and well thought out manner! Bravo to you!

Chipperz:

Indigo_Dingo:

Andy_Panthro:

Oh my GOD I agree with Indigo_Dingo on something. Time for me to sell my PS3 and change my Fallout 3 GOTY Preorder to the 360...

God of War III still trumps Fallout 3. Just look at the sequence where he rips a mans head off and uses it as a lantern.

Indigo_Dingo:

Andy_Panthro:

God of War III is not out yet. PC gamers pry don't care about God of War III if they did they would have bought a PS3 instead of a PC.

Indigo_Dingo:

The Wallace and Gromit episodes spring to mind, Sims 3, Prototype, Fallout 3, The Witcher, GTA IV, the LEGO games, FEAR, Ghostbusters...

Thats just what I can think of off the top of my head, and while they may not be quite as brutal as GoW3, they're still up there. Also, plenty of family friendly games.

Indigo_Dingo:

Chipperz:

Indigo_Dingo:

Andy_Panthro:

God of War III still trumps Fallout 3. Just look at the sequence where he rips a mans head off and uses it as a lantern.

To you maybe to others maybe not. Bad thing is while God of War III seems violent there is no evidence it will have good gameplay. Also, God of War III comes out on the PS3 where as Fallout 3 came out on the 360, PS3, and the PC.

In sales I have to say that Fallout 3 will trump God of War III. Like Halo is a 360 and PC exclusive but COD4 came out on PC, PS3, and 360 which gave it more sales.

Andy_Panthro:

Indigo_Dingo:

The Wallace and Gromit episodes spring to mind, Sims 3, Prototype, Fallout 3, The Witcher, GTA IV, the LEGO games, FEAR, Ghostbusters...

Thats just what I can think of off the top of my head, and while they may not be quite as brutal as GoW3, they're still up there. Also, plenty of family friendly games.

I think you're getting confused - multiplats don't count for this excercise, for some reason. Otherwise, Jordan would have brought up World at War being on the Wii, or Lego Star Wars being on the Ps3. So, down to The Sims and The Witcher. Hardly very bloody or very cute. THe way you're describing it, PC gaming itself seems more vanilla in terms of its subject matter. I mean, where's PC gamings Katamari, for example?

gof22:

Indigo_Dingo:

Chipperz:

Indigo_Dingo:

Andy_Panthro:

To you maybe to others maybe not. Bad thing is while God of War III seems violent there is no evidence it will have good gameplay. Also, God of War III comes out on the PS3 where as Fallout 3 came out on the 360, PS3, and the PC.

In sales I have to say that Fallout 3 will trump God of War III. Like Halo is a 360 and PC exclusive but COD4 came out on PC, PS3, and 360 which gave it more sales.

I fail to see how that is relevant in any way. I thought we all long ago recognized that the truly great games will never achieve massive sales.

And I assume you're ignoring the literal dozens of reports on N4G of journalists just back from E3 saying "HOLY SHIT MAN! GOD OF WAR III HAS FUCKING AWESOME GAMEPLAY!!!! FUCKING HELL YEAH!!! DID YOU SEE, I JUST LIT THE SKELETONS ON FIRE, AND THEN THE CENTAUR SHOWED UP AND SHIT WAS LIKE WOAH, AND THEN I JUST CUT HIM OPEN AND THEN I WAS LIKE RIDING ON THE HARPIES!!!! FUCK YEAH MAN!!" (I'm paraphrasing, obviously).

Indigo_Dingo:

Andy_Panthro:

Indigo_Dingo:

I think you're getting confused - multiplats don't count for this excercise, for some reason. Otherwise, Jordan would have brought up World at War being on the Wii, or Lego Star Wars being on the Ps3. So, down to The Sims and The Witcher. Hardly very bloody or very cute. THe way you're describing it, PC gaming itself seems more vanilla in terms of its subject matter. I mean, where's PC gamings Katamari, for example?

gof22:

Indigo_Dingo:

Chipperz:

Indigo_Dingo:

Andy_Panthro:

I fail to see how that is relevant in any way. I thought we all long ago recognized that the truly great games will never achieve massive sales.

And I assume you're ignoring the literal dozens of reports on N4G of journalists just back from E3 saying "HOLY SHIT MAN! GOD OF WAR III HAS FUCKING AWESOME GAMEPLAY!!!! FUCKING HELL YEAH!!! DID YOU SEE, I JUST LIT THE SKELETONS ON FIRE, AND THEN THE CENTAUR SHOWED UP AND SHIT WAS LIKE WOAH, AND THEN I JUST CUT HIM OPEN AND THEN I WAS LIKE RIDING ON THE HARPIES!!!! FUCK YEAH MAN!!" (I'm paraphrasing, obviously).

I realize that I am just putting into observation how a great game can also be hurt by sales. Psychonauts was an excellent game but because of poor sales it was barely registered on the grid.

God of War III looks good but I will form my opinion when I play it not based on gameplay videos someone else plays. Just because a game looks good does not mean it plays good.

gof22:

Indigo_Dingo:

Andy_Panthro:

Indigo_Dingo:

gof22:

Indigo_Dingo:

Chipperz:

Indigo_Dingo:

Andy_Panthro:

I realize that I am just putting into observation how a great game can also be hurt by sales. Psychonauts was an excellent game but because of poor sales it was barely registered on the grid.

God of War III looks good but I will form my opinion when I play it not based on gameplay videos someone else plays. Just because a game looks good does not mean it plays good.

However I think we can all agree that if Dantes Inferno manages to outsell God Of War III, then we need to go and burn down EA's headquarters.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 16992)