Zero Punctuation: Prototype

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Red Faction next week? Might as well finish off the trifecta of open world games. I predict Red Faction to top both inFamous and Prototype and the Prototype devs will get the bra picture in first putting Prototype in second.

At least, that's how the world would work if there were any justice.

Xegewrath:
Ew. I never ever use the tentacle except for helicopter jacking.

:O

Hehe I never even used the tentacle for jacking heli's...I would use the buildings and/or the flying kick to get right up to them then hit the grapple command.

M4rsch:
It was fun but yathzee seems to be trading game review quality for dick jokes lately. Not quite sure whether i like this.

ofcourse you do else you wouldn't have started out with : It was fun

:D sorry I just had to say it

Ok so I get it: both worth a rental. Thank you for being so clear, Yahtzee.

Now what would happen if you took all the best parts of inFamous and all the best parts of [PROTOTYPE] and combined them into one game? Hmmm...

infinitysend:

Now what would happen if you took all the best parts of inFamous and all the best parts of [PROTOTYPE] and combined them into one game? Hmmm...

Something incredibly similar.

Am I the only one who used the musclemass power? Heli's, hunters, even the end boss were easy prey with it. Car+Musclemass throw = dead stuff.

About the review/comparison...thing, it was funny for sure. Agree with the 3-3 result definately, Infamous's slow pace did take away from gameplay at points, but Prototype's story was just so meh in its presentation it was painful. Alex was just such a lame motherf*er, I was always disguised so I didn't have to look at his emo face and emo clothes for too long. Once I got the armour I more or less had it activated until the credits.

DeathWyrmNexus:

Snotnarok:

James teh OG:
I vote both developer's take up Yahtzee's challenge IMMEDIATELY.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if one or both did haha. And it would be awesome if they did.

I only played Prototype but there's one thing that can be said about it, I've said it already but I'll say it again. It's an improved version of Hulks Ultimate Destruction, I'm not kidding when I say that most of the movement abilities are exactly from that game. Give it a try if you think I'm wrong when I say the gameplay is nearly identical in a lot of ways. Though granted they improved it a lot with camo, story, more moves, more enemies, some stealth and better graphics, it's still very very similar. (Not saying that's a bad thing

LOL, you win the Predecessor Award for mentioning that first. The same company made both and I own both and it is almost criminal how much descended into this game. Critical Mass, Devastators (called Critical moves in Hulk), the way you run up walls, the way you bat people aside when you are armored, charging up your attacked for more damage with a visual effect to go with it, double dash through the air... A lot of things.

And no, it isn't a bad thing, it is a fucking great thing because The Hulk was fucking sweet when it came out and I wasted a lot of my life destressing with that game.

I think it's a good thing and a bad thing, I think they could have done a few more things differently but eh, what are ya gonna do the game turned out really well and it's a bit easier to make missions for a man in a city verses a HULK in a city.

"Hey steve you look a little different, did you get a hair cut?"
Hulk: BRARHHHGGHHH!!!! *wearing steves shirt*

4fromK:

Ghadente:
Prototype.

I don't agree with points being taken away from prototype because he doesn't remember anything, its interesting to pieces the web of intriuge together.

yeah, he took points of because tis really unoriginal as a plot device.

well hell, 99% of everything that comes out now is unoriginal, just different spins on something already done

PS2MAN:
This is not really a Review of Prototype rather than a half assed debate. I real dissapionted this week.

Yeah, still better than the crap spewed out of other reviewer's mouths though.

It's not the whip in Prototype that's overpowered, it's the blade.

Please tell me I'm not the only one that thinks an emo Peter Pan has potential...

finally =)

Ghadente:

4fromK:

Ghadente:
Prototype.

I don't agree with points being taken away from prototype because he doesn't remember anything, its interesting to pieces the web of intriuge together.

yeah, he took points of because tis really unoriginal as a plot device.

well hell, 99% of everything that comes out now is unoriginal, just different spins on something already done

Well we are how many thousand years past the written word? We were bound to run out eventually. inFamous has the powers by accident cliche' and Prototype has the amnesia/conspiracy cliche'. Guess which one actually used their cliche' in an interesting way to improve game play.

Sorry about that, I am very bias towards the Web of Intrigue... I actually felt like I was investigating the conspiracy instead of having plot used as an enema like most games seem to do. I had to earn the whole truth. Sure the biggest plot points were explained but the devil is in the details and I had to earn those.

*shrugs*

Snotnarok:
I think it's a good thing and a bad thing, I think they could have done a few more things differently but eh, what are ya gonna do the game turned out really well and it's a bit easier to make missions for a man in a city verses a HULK in a city.

I am glad I wasn't drinking something or the screen would be wearing it. That was funny, thank you. :D

I really hope he does post the picture. But in response to you, no offense, (to you) but when has Yatzee ever done anything other than dick jokes? He could take the greatest video game ever made, and make it sound like less fun than potty training. That's his job, and that's why he's funny. If you are looking for a serious review, your better off asking someone you know who has played the game. Last but not least anyone who has a south park picture for their appearance has no right to complain about dick jokes.

P.s.(I really like south park. Nice photo)

Lol, I suppose that's a good way to decide which game gets the better score. I have to say prototype seems funner because of all the things you can do. Then again, I don't want to play as somebody who looks like emo Peter Pan.

Funny Review, Yahtzee.

infinitysend:

That would be a sandbox game I would be willing to pay top dollar. I just hope it wouldn't exist in next-gen consoles.

HardRockSamurai:
Look at what I found on the Prototype fan art forums:

Even if the developers refuse to take up the challenge, there will always be fans, and fans will do CRAZY shit just to win Yahtzee's favor :)

Where are these forums of which you speak? I must visit. Please, guide me to them.

I personally love prototype and infamous both as they have replayability to them and great review yahtzee

Mstrswrd:

HardRockSamurai:
Look at what I found on the Prototype fan art forums:

Even if the developers refuse to take up the challenge, there will always be fans, and fans will do CRAZY shit just to win Yahtzee's favor :)

Where are these forums of which you speak? I must visit. Please, guide me to them.

the website is here http://forums.activision.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=97&start=720

DeathWyrmNexus:

Snotnarok:

I am glad I wasn't drinking something or the screen would be wearing it. That was funny, thank you. :D

No problem haha. I got a chuckle out of that

The only thing that would be funnier than the bra joke would be if one of them actually did it. xD

Funny as always but Prototype itself wasn't really covered much at all. Give us two more minutes per video so you can fit more stuff in. :)

Golden as always.

...the freekin wrist blood flying thing creeps me out on prototype......thats just so wrong...so emo...

no problem mstrswrd

I like how he obviously tried to make it as equal as possible to prevent flame wars.

Snowy437:
Golden as always.

...the freekin wrist blood flying thing creeps me out on prototype......thats just so wrong...so emo...

Um, I never really saw it as blood... I saw it as the same artistic interpretation of genetic discord as a body is being realigned that accompanied any charge move of his. I also never saw anything come out of his wrists while gliding... I saw it around his feet if I was charging for a jump but never his wrists.

So I don't know what drugs Yahtzee was on as it wasn't in the game... I am still perplexed as I never saw it after the fifty or so hours of playing and still don't see the wrist thing. Perhaps a new eye exam is in order. :/

Nice challenge you set the game dev's there =D

Okay, I went back to check to see what kind of cranial intrusion I might have had if I missed a detail after fifty hours. So, I fired up the game and jumped about like a suicidal Spring Heeled Jack. I saw the red lines on the wrists and ankles... However, I also saw them around the armpits, hips, shoulders... All dependent on velocity.

They're action lines kids. His power is manifested in red and black... There is black in those action lines with red as the predominant color. Any reference to bleeding is in your own mind as if you pay attention, the blood, which I have spilled way too much of in the game is actually a brighter color than what comes from the action lines. When you see him bleed in the game, it is the same color as the blood shed by everybody.

Conclusion: He isn't bleeding when flying...

I like Prototype better. And one think that made the story confusing, Yahtzee, is that you probably didn't do the Web of Intrigue, which reveals the storyline. And when you consumed people(The mains one anyways), did you watch the cutscenes?
And as for the Bra thing.Fan art on the Activision forums drawn by Kaxen

I think the thread was posted earlier

well when he does the gliding thing.. something comes out of his hands or sumtin. Regardless.. thats creepy.

Snowy437:
well when he does the gliding thing.. something comes out of his hands or sumtin. Regardless.. thats creepy.

I already addressed this a couple posts above yours. If you notice, anytime you do anything fast, that red bit of action line is somewhere, either on shoulders, hips, legs, or arms. So I don't know what to tell you since you see it with any other kind of velocity, so all I can assume is that they are action lines, a bit of artistic blur. In the Hulk, his action lines were flashes of green.

Hmmm Yahtzee's head to head review was similar to mine, albeit with less grief (bloody Celebrity Bias).

Others have said it in the thread, but the "Emo Peter Pan" crack was his best one yet, especially with that graphic and thought bubble.

>>>----Therumancer--->

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or