Zero Punctuation: Prototype

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

THAT WASN'T A FUCKING REVIEW! he was just comparing Prototype to Infamous, a review he ALREADY DID LAST WEEK! he barely reviewed Prototype, but i guess it's hard to do when he is down on the ground licking Infamous' balls.

LOL
Emo Peter Pan
Mr. Bean as a mass murderer
Dahmer
ahhh...good times

Im my opinion though, Prototype > inFamous (unless Cole looks better in a bra)

Godo stuff.

And Mr. Bean as a mass murderer...love it.

AkJay:
THAT WASN'T A FUCKING REVIEW! he was just comparing Prototype to Infamous, a review he ALREADY DID LAST WEEK! he barely reviewed Prototype, but i guess it's hard to do when he is down on the ground licking Infamous' balls.

God forbid you don't watch it if you don't like it.

PS2MAN:
This is not really a Review of Prototype rather than a half assed debate. I real dissapionted this week.

YOU really disappointed this week? Does that mean that you're Yahtzee in disguise?

Also, I think it was a really good video, hopefully this will mean no more inFamous vs Prototype thread, ever.

Hoo boy, I almost fell off my seat laughing.

This was a great review, it goes well in tandem with the InFamous review. The core gameplay of both games is pretty much the same. (sandbox city superpowers) InFamous review had what makes a good sandbox game which both games shared... almost word for word. The Prototype review focuses more on their differences and each game's strong points.

It would be difficult to do a completely separate review of those two games without 70% of each review being completely interchangeable, unless Yahtzee did a review on the Sandbox Superhero subgenre as a whole as he did with the survival horror genre a ways back.

I do think it's funny that Yahtzee finds it so rewarding to fist everyone in Prototype. It's much fun indeed.

I would assume Alex Mercer would look good in a bra, considering he can just absorb some bikini model =P

I really hope that the developers actually send Yahtzee some pictures.

Meh both games are craptastic imo, people should go buy Red Faction instead. Its on both systems and is a hell of alot more fun.

"Eat and old man, take his appearance, climb up the tallest building, then elbow drop 200 stories down onto his confused wife."
GREATEST. IDEA. EVER. Gonna go do that now.

Oh, hilarious review as always by Yahtzee.

One more thing, props to Prototype for including the elbow drop and the rock bottom in the game.

I will be very ammused if one of the developers takes Yahtzee up oh the bra challenge

Funny review! Though im still not quite sure I want to buy it. Though shape shifting and framing other people for shape shifting sounds like devilishly evil fun.

Hallow'sEve:

AkJay:

..How do i know i don't like it if i don't watch it to begin with? that's like saying i hate Ramen noodles even though i have never tried them, and i love Ramen Noodles.

Hallow'sEve:

AkJay:

No kidding! Why is it that people whine more than emo Peter Pan when Yahtzee doesn't do a review the exact same way that he has done others? Isn't the change nice to have? And besides, since when has Yahtzee done a review the way most other reviewers do (ex. numbered scores)?

On another note, I thought it was interesting that Yahtzee specified that they send pictures of the guys in womens' bras, as opposed to say, mens' bras. With all of the obese people out there, I would assume that they would probably exist.

Thankyou for that; I was having trouble telling the difference between the two.

I think the "Prototype VS Infamous debate" should have been some sort of "special" episode. Definining it as a review is not right. It was not a review of Prototype.

I've played both and agree with hhim on almost every point.
I also ROFL'd about three times.
So yeah he makes up for phoning it in last week.

HAHAHAHA! Another great review by Yahtzee!

Bullshit! he played prototype on easy and not all the way through! On normal you have to charge up the tentacle (takes way too long) 4 times to kill anything meaningful, and you usually get hit with homing rockets while you're doing it (turning you into a rag-doll for 5 secs). Also later in the game you fight bullshit mutants, who look like fat guys in grey spandex, follow you, automatically detect you, and take half your life by giving you a bear hug. Also, doing anything takes way too long.

This was actually exactly the review I wanted to see, and it covered exactly the contrasts I was interested in learning about. Furthermore, it was also the critical, "Did Prototype have enough good points to get Yahtzee to say anything positive about it," and it did! FOR THE WIN!

Haha, I kid (OR DO I)

Seemed to be a bit of a cop out review really, I know it would have created a tidal wave of fanboy rage if you had suggested one was better than the other, but I think if that was really an issue then Prototype should of had it's own review completely seperate from inFamous.

Nevertheless, it was still entertaining, I personally prefer inFamous simply because the story is compelling and the comic book design is an interesting storytelling format. Also, the amount of blood and carnage in Prototype is ridiculous; I was looking forward to Prototype until I saw that aspect of it. I've played Prince of Persia The Warrior Within and had no problem with blood usage in that game - so I don't consider myself to be a prude - but Prototype takes it over the top, and the massacre of innocent people doesn't quite work for me.

hopeneverdies:
What's with everyone comparing inFamous and Prototype, sure they're both superhero-esque sandbox games but there really isn't much similarity

isnīt that a paradox??

anywhay, i havent played any, but i would love to see yahtzee putting up a propper review instead of the half assed jokes he haves being doing lately

Funny stuff :). I love wednesday.

I sincerely, sincerely hope he shares when he gets the pictures of the main characters in bras, because you KNOW he will get them.

Odoylerules360:
Bullshit! he played prototype on easy and not all the way through! On normal you have to charge up the tentacle (takes way too long) 4 times to kill anything meaningful, and you usually get hit with homing rockets while you're doing it (turning you into a rag-doll for 5 secs). Also later in the game you fight bullshit mutants, who look like fat guys in grey spandex, follow you, automatically detect you, and take half your life by giving you a bear hug. Also, doing anything takes way too long.

Congratulations, you win the Killjoy Award AND the Taking This Way Too Seriously Award! Quite the Two-fer, there! *applauds*

good game review, weak in the comedy department though :(

This is what happens when developers give us games that have no choice but to be compared and sides that which have to be chosen because of the inability to port the games to other systems. Then there are gamers who have no choice but to pick a side because those same gamers don't want or cannot own both consoles. Money doesn't usually come into light as a reason. Sometimes its not having enough equipment to play both systems and/or not enough space in your game room.

As for the games themselves I would love to play both but since I'm saving for my wife so she can be a doctor as well as saving for myself I can only rent Prototype since I own an X360. I would probably enjoy playing Infamous more because I like making the good moral choices in games. Prototype it seems only offers the negative even though it has room for the positive choices that can be made by Alex Mercer but...I'll still play it and enjoy it because I'm enjoying Mad World.

Not that I wasn't expecting this, but I was hoping he'd do Prototype on its own before bringing up the debate.

And no way Alex could lose that bikini challenge, he's just gotta eat&morph into a chick first.

i was sometimes thinking if i should get this game. but i rather save the 100$ for something else.
great review btw :)

If the developers send him the photos I will eat my own ass.

The bit with Mr. Bean in a tank was my favourite. I'd love to see Yahtzee do a comparison in some other genre too, like comparing HAWX to...say, an actually great arcade flight game like Crimson Skies.

...and before you beat me up for bringing up a pretty but extremely repetitive and shallow game, I'm not talking about the boring xbox crimson skies, I'm talking about the awesome one that came out on PC. you know... this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70bpzimwp3o

Makes me want to take a look at Prototype. I wasn't a big fan of inFamous, so maybe Prototype will appeal to me in the ways that inFamous didn't. Too bad there's no demo of it online to download so I need to wait for it to come in via my gamefly. OR I could finally dust off my Blockbuster card and start renting games from there again...

Loved Mr Bean gag. Now since critics are here for it (you know tellings us what to do) considering I have a PS3, wich game should I buy and wich one should I rent? Please tell me what to do!

(now I can wait to the day Yahtzee is gonna review a sport game, (a man can dream))

If some SUPREMELY AWESOME game designer makes good on Yahtzee's cross-dressing request, I hope he'll share his bribe with the peanut gallery at large. 'twould be most appreciated. And rad.

Psychosocial:

Also, I think it was a really good video, hopefully this will mean no more inFamous vs Prototype thread, ever.

That's just wishful thinking

As long as the game is fun for dicking about, that's all I require.

As for the review, if it could even be called a review, mainly because the description suggests that it is only a head to head to see which game was better.

Which I got to say I'm disapointed about, sure with [Prototype] and inFAMOUS it's always been a heated topic with a fair amout of argument/discussion behind it, but really, when the hell did a games merit become about whether it's more like a slightly similar game, in that respect I guess we could argue that [Prototype] isn't a good game because it's too much like Hulk: Ultimate Destruction (although if anyone ever said that, they'd be publicly exectued with large stones for lying.)

The simple fact that both the games are similar is simply because comic books are POPULAR at the moment, people are really digging overpowered, tortured anti-heroes right now, and the gaming market, being much like the movie market now days will be working to mooch off of that popularity.

"Oh but, Archemetis! Prototype isn't as comic book-ish as Infamous! so that doesn't make sense!"

For anyone unaware, or too lazy to stop by the prototype promotional website, prototype was being developed alongside the comic book which goes further into the story, not comic book-ish enough?

Infamous had a sligthly illustrated feel to it and a power that's been used so many times it's verging on embarrassing...

(Can anyone say, Static Shock with issues?)

I'm not trying to argue that either game is as good as the other, seeing as i've only played the demo of Infmamous (which was enough for me to not want it) and have only seen reviews and videos of Prototype (which was enough for me to want it.)

So I cannot make an INFORMED opinion on either's likeability.
What I CAN say though is that I'm fed up people thinking that if they're worth playing simply boils down to which one "does it better" Does what?! they're both different games, simliar themes, I'll grant that, but still different, they're handled differently, they probably play differently, so treat them as seperate games and just remember that it's a matter of taste.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here