Zero Punctuation: Prototype

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

HotShooter:
I hope the creators do send those picture and they are not some bullshit photoshoped ones that I'm going to go make now.

I actually am half and half on that... If they do, it will only serve to inflate Croshaw's ego but it will show that they are a group of easy going chaps which is good for them. If they don't, Croshaw won't get an underneeded ego boost but it will inadvertently show that they either aren't wise enough to watch Zero Punctuation or too full of themselves to play along with a mildly funny gag idea.

So I am torn between the two on what I want out of the deal.

DeathWyrmNexus:

*Snip*

It appears I was beaten to it. Although instead of a lack of a targeting system in inFAMOUS, I was ticked off by how much the characters all whine, and the frequency at which they do so. Moya whined that I wasn't doing my job correctly, Zeke whining about wanting to get a girl,

, and Trish whined about everything (this becomes especially irritating for me when playing through as an evil character). Even Cole - the superpowered man of the hour - mopes and cries constantly about the dumbest things, from Zeke bugging him, to Trish hurting his feelings, to not wanting to get dirty in some of the earlier missions.

Hyper-space:
/facepalm

web of intrigue is a ORIGINAL and a fucking brilliant concept.

yahtzee is dead wrong on the combat. the whipfist does shitty damage against tank + other heavy enemies and is used mostly for sweeping a cluster of small troops, and what is he talking about never using objects against your enemies??? has he even played the fucking game?!.

prototype should get an extra point for not jumping the good/evil bandwagon like every other game nowadays.

Great, now I am throwing out replies like dangerous candy at a shifty Halloween party. *cough*

Web of Intrigue is an original idea and I agree with you on its brilliance.

I actually used Whipfist when I needed to play hit and run with Supers and Yahtzee did qualify his statement about tanks by saying you can just hijack a Helicopter, which is correct though I did it to get rid of helicopters, jumping out after I cleared the skies and finishing Tanks with the Blade or Hammer, depending on where I was in the game.

I am happy about the lack of Morality play in Prototype and you are correct about throwing objects, it was fun and very useful, especially with upgraded muscle mass. That is how I beat the last fight, tossing things with fury and running like hell.

this "war" between infamous and prototype is ridiculous
its just 2 sandbox games whit hero like caracters that sounds like they have only been drinking whiskey, smoking cigars and doing crack cocain for the last 10 years!!!
but hey i still belive they are both good games,
I have only played prototype ( only own xbx360) but Im sure infamous is a great game, no doubt

Photon987:

DeathWyrmNexus:

*Snip*

It appears I was beaten to it. Although instead of a lack of a targeting system in inFAMOUS, I was ticked off by how much the characters all whine, and the frequency at which they do so. Moya whined that I wasn't doing my job correctly, Zeke whining about wanting to get a girl,

, and Trish whined about everything (this becomes especially irritating for me and my friend when playing through as an evil character). Even Cole - the superpowered man of the hour - mopes and cries constantly about the dumbest things, from Zeke bugging him, to Trish hurting his feelings, to not wanting to get dirty in some of the earlier missions.

Ya, I didn't get to play it but I sure watched more than my share of it. I was thinking more gameplay than dialogue, apologies. You are correct, the whining did get on my tits, so to speak.

"But Alex can shoot blood from his wrists at jet engine velocity and fly around like emo Peter-Pan."

I have no idea why, but this line was one of the most win I've seen for a while.

This is not really a Review of Prototype rather than a half assed debate. I real dissapionted this week. Say's ps2man lol, ok i see whats going on here, Prototype isn't allowed to be as good as infamous, Hm I see.

What the fuck? Why is everyone getting punished for saying that a video was good, or that they got first post.

I love Yathzee!

(BANNED)

FIRST POST!

(PROBATION)

Game Review?

(SUSPENSION)

WTF? Escapist went craze with punishing people for the most retard things. You can't even comment on the reviews without getting in trouble! Chill out mods, let the people have their fun! Also I'm talking about the strictness on ALL the video treads, not just this one!

(BANNED, SUSPENSION, PROBATION, MAIN CHARATER FROM PROTOTYPE SENT TO YOUR HOUSE)

Anyway, the pics that Yahtzee gets are both equily good and it's still a tie.

Cole can do the gliding thing too...

The mods are 1) Punishing people for posting before time video was posted + length of video 2) posting garbage commented with no content

lonercs:
What the fuck? Why is everyone getting punished for saying that a video was good, or that they got first post.

I love Yathzee!

(BANNED)

FIRST POST!

(PROBATION)

Game Review?

(SUSPENSION)

WTF? Escapist went craze with punishing people for the most retard things. You can't even comment on the reviews without getting in trouble! Chill out mods, let the people have their fun! Also I'm talking about the strictness on ALL the video treads, not just this one!

(BANNED, SUSPENSION, PROBATION, MAIN CHARATER FROM PROTOTYPE SENT TO YOUR HOUSE)

lol it does seem like overkill to ban someone for that.... especially when they only seem to 'admin' the first few posts of each thread..

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2009/6/19/

This was what made me jump off the fence and get Prototype, I usually make my own opinion but this sold it for me.

Techni:
Cole can do the gliding thing too...

Yep after tediously climbing to a point high enough for it to be worth anything but you are right, he can certainly glide. Oh wait, he can use stairs too, I suppose.

I really, really hope one of them sends him the picture.

if you have 360 get prototype if you have a ps3 get infamous. i have both and therefore have both. i am made of win.

I've played both and they are easily the two best games I've played this year. I honestly can't pick between the two because both are unique to me.
inFamous was great to me because it was one of the first open world games in awhile that drew me in. The combat was simple but addictive and transport was fun and never got old. The only downside for me was that after playing through the game once, I didn't really want to do it again on the other side, it didn't seem to have much lasting appeal. In a couple months I will definitely play through it again.
Prototype was something I've been hyped for ever since Gameinformer did their first preview in an issue of their magazine. I ignored most of the negative reviews because my mentality going into this game was that I was going to have a blast, and I did. The story was interestingly played out but was honestly not important because the game play dominated. Prototype is a game that I can play almost any day for a little bit to just go on a rampage.
Both games were great and I wish more games would be like these two, focus on the gameplay!

I just had a thought. Could you compare these games to Spiderman: Web of Shadows too? According to the wikipedia page of Prototype both it and inFamous are similar in that "both games feature a main character with amnesia and superpowers, as well as platforming and beat 'em up gameplay and are set in a virus-infected city where the player has to fight both the military and infected inhabitants." Spiderman sorta had amnesia and you had to fight the military a little as well but everything else is the same. Spiderman also had tendrils and was in Manhattan like Prototype. In all of them you can also be evil as well. So why is no one comparing all 3?

Koos:
I've played both and they are easily the two best games I've played this year. I honestly can't pick between the two because both are unique to me.
inFamous was great to me because it was one of the first open world games in awhile that drew me in. The combat was simple but addictive and transport was fun and never got old. The only downside for me was that after playing through the game once, I didn't really want to do it again on the other side, it didn't seem to have much lasting appeal. In a couple months I will definitely play through it again.
Prototype was something I've been hyped for ever since Gameinformer did their first preview in an issue of their magazine. I ignored most of the negative reviews because my mentality going into this game was that I was going to have a blast, and I did. The story was interestingly played out but was honestly not important because the game play dominated. Prototype is a game that I can play almost any day for a little bit to just go on a rampage.
Both games were great and I wish more games would be like these two, focus on the gameplay!

You win the award for most diplomatic post. *gives award* Now give a nice speech so we can go get our after awards party food... :D

DeathWyrmNexus:

You win the award for most diplomatic post. *gives award* Now give a nice speech so we can go get our after awards party food... :D

I'd like to thank Sucker Punch and Free Radical for making these fantastic games. Anyone who can get their hands on these games should do themselves a favor and play them. NOW!
Food time.

Random tangent that HotShooter made me remember when I was describing how playing Alex Mercer felt.

Anybody else get the odd sense that Alex is the spiritual bastard love child of The Incredible Hulk, Spiderman, Kratos, and Altair?

Its the OTHER GUY'S main character in a bra, not their own that wins, a lot of people seem 2 b making that mistake.

Koos:

DeathWyrmNexus:

I'd like to thank Sucker Punch and Free Radical for making these fantastic games. Anyone who can get their hands on these games should do themselves a favor and play them. NOW!
Food time.

I believe I speak for everybody on the committee when I say... OMNOMNOMNOM...

I kind of wish he'd done an actual review of Prototype rather than comparing it to inFamous like everyone else seems to be doing. Oh well.

twistedshadows:
I kind of wish he'd done an actual review of Prototype rather than comparing it to inFamous like everyone else seems to be doing. Oh well.

Ya, that was my biggest niggling thought that killed most of the humor for me... :/

that was great and he said he liked infamous and the score was 3 to 3 so he probably likes Prototype

Wait ! What ? Last week inFamous gets flamed for not giving you a "gray" choice and this week inFamous gets a point because Cole McGrath is "coherent". At least in Prototype the game doesn't give a sh*t about moral choise and it just lets you have fun.

Cambot!
Gypsy!
Tom Servo!
CROOOOOOW!

wolf_isthebest:
Wait ! What ? Last week inFamous gets flamed for not giving you the a "gray" choice and this week inFamous gets a point because Cole McGrath is "coherent". At least in Prototype the game doesn't give a sh*t about moral choise and it just lets you have fun.

Oh good, I am not alone in seeing the hypocrisy.

Meh. Prototype on the PC was a lot of fun.

twistedshadows:

He doesn't have to. The game honestly sells itself. "But Alex can shoot blood from his wrists at jet engine velocity and fly around like emo Peter-Pan", "Eat an old man, take his appearance, run all the way up the tallest building, then elbow drop 200 stories directly onto his confused and frightened wife", "Then sneak up behind two soldiers and eat one without one of his friends noticing and when the two of you get back to base accuse your friend of being you in disguise that when the other soldiers are distracted shooting him you eat them too!" Yeah... this game is fun, that is it's greatest selling point.

I'd agree that Alex mercers stupid "I must protect the city, by killing as many innocent people as possible in the most entertaining way" viewpoint did annoy me, but then I got distracted by cannonballing into helicopters as an old granny.

george144:
I'd agree that Alex mercers stupid "I must protect the city, by killing as many innocent people as possible in the most entertaining way" viewpoint did annoy me, but then I got distracted by cannonballing into helicopters as an old granny.

Then again you have to think of it like this, the virus is spreading and people are getting infected. *Spoilers* You can't assume in the beginning that there will be a cure and he is eventually preventing the inevitable of the civilians if worse comes to worse.

george144:

Back against the wall, about to be erased, and thinking of the greater good, how best to show the world that there is a dangerous weapon? Use the weapon. Not saying it is right but it made a sick sort of sense to me. That is assuming that you are talking about what I think you are talking about. If you are not, I don't recall him ever wanting to defend the city, more like Find the Truth and punish those who had wronged him. He just didn't care about the rest unless I missed something like a thicky after playing it into post game for a total of 54 hours now, which would be embarassing. :/

Nice! I love these videos! I personally prefer Infamous to prototype, but that's only my opinion.

lonercs:

I love Yathzee!

(BANNED)

FIRST POST!

(PROBATION)

Game Review?

(SUSPENSION)

They were only for a relativly short period. I for one dont want to see three or so posts on every thread on this forum taken up by 'first post' crap comments. This way they wont make that mistake again, because as a whole, it is not wanted. Both ban's came from 'first post comments and the second one was worse because he obviously knew better.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here