Zero Punctuation: Prototype

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Emo Peter Pan... now wouldn't that make for an interesting movie.

xanith02100:
Emo Peter Pan... now wouldn't that make for an interesting movie.

Already did.

ForgottenPr0digy:

mike1921:

ForgottenPr0digy:
great review on both games. I love the end part where it shows the two main characters fighting each other. I bet you some fangirl is going to make some yaoi between them

Only an idiot would take that bet. It's obvious.

well I'm that idiot who is going to take the bet. I bet sooner or later it will come out. because of rule 34

No, I meant only an idiot would take the other side of the bet. It's obvious that someone's gonna make some prototypeXinFAMOUS yaoi

Pretty fucking funny.
I hope he does Sims 3 at some point. I imagine he'd fine a lot of good things to tear on. The game itself, for instance.

Prototype FTW because 360 is awesome

Also a little question that i would really aperciate if someone would answer it.

Why come the first person to post on a video gets banned or probation what the fuck escapist?

Grandia3000:
Prototype FTW because 360 is awesome

Also a little question that i would really aperciate if someone would answer it.

Why come the first person to post on a video gets banned or probation what the fuck escapist?

Not relevant at all, "Lol first post!" Nothing to do with the video itself.

That is incredibly biased, you are judging a game just because it is on a different console? *Tisk Tisk*

CMon:

Not Carl:
since games nowadays are all about the most entertaining way to propel an innocent bystander's intestines and lungs to a distance of half a football field away from one another,

Since when?

I mean, Prototype is all about the epic beat-the-crap-outta-everything-and-then-a-little-bit-more splooge-blasting off-the-rocks fun than anything else, but that doesn't essentially make it a great game. Sure, it's fun, but only until you've grown tired of exploring the numerous alternative ways you can make people wear their asses. The plot ain't great, and I can't help but feel that they're somehow afraid this were to get pointed out so they "concealed" it by breaking it up into a million pieces and scattering them to make it 'confusing yet deep'.

So yeah, Prototype is a fun game, but it's quite limited beyond it's fighting element, which you eventually grow tired of.

Well, the way I see it, games are made for their gameplay. Prototype, being a fighting game, has a gameplay that naturally revolves around if is not entirely dependent on fighting, which isn't a bad thing, because (like you said) smacking a guy's head down below his shoulders and the like is fun. And there are very many ways to "make people wear their asses."

Prototype's plot does suck. But that doesn't make it a bad game. The plot is more like a way to get you from one killfest to the next, which is the real reason you're playing the game anyway. If you want a good plot, read a book.

You can eventually grow tired of any game. You might put down the controller after four glorious hours of God of War, but that doesn't make it a bad game, it just means you don't want to go blind.

Bottom line:
Killing stuff = fun
Plot = who cares?

SO, int he end he just wants to see both Cole and Alex in a bra, does he?

I don't like how they're doing little comercials before the review now. It's already annoying enough to have to click x on the little box on the bottom. Pretty good review tho. Not as laugh out loud funny as it was informative since I don'f feel like buying them both. And just for the sake of not taking the diplomatic award from Koos, fuck twat bloody cunting kidney stone

I actually laughed at the whole 'confused wife' bit.

The elbow dropping old man was my favorite part easily. I've yet to find an old person in the game tho =/

Koos:
The elbow dropping old man was my favorite part easily. I've yet to find an old person in the game tho =/

I believe the guys with the silver streaks in their hair and brown jackets with patches on the elbows are supposed to be the old men, at least that is what I have called them.

I suppose, but no elderly woman yet =/

NeedForWeed:

lonercs:
What the fuck? Why is everyone getting punished for saying that a video was good, or that they got first post.

I love Yathzee!

(BANNED)

FIRST POST!

(PROBATION)

Game Review?

(SUSPENSION)

WTF? Escapist went craze with punishing people for the most retard things. You can't even comment on the reviews without getting in trouble! Chill out mods, let the people have their fun! Also I'm talking about the strictness on ALL the video treads, not just this one!

(BANNED, SUSPENSION, PROBATION, MAIN CHARATER FROM PROTOTYPE SENT TO YOUR HOUSE)

Anyway, the pics that Yahtzee gets are both equily good and it's still a tie.

lol it does seem like overkill to ban someone for that.... especially when they only seem to 'admin' the first few posts of each thread..

Most of those items are low content posts, which we ask people not to do because they don't add to any thread or discussion. As for posting "FIRST!", I won't even respond to that. Other forums may allow it, we don't, plain and simple.

Lord Krunk made a great thread here: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.112832 We liked it so much we put it at the top of the Off-Topic Forums page.

Koos:
I suppose, but no elderly woman yet =/

They have the fluffier coats and the brown hair with the narrow face. They are a bit stooped so I can only assume they are supposed to be elderly. Yes, I have dicked around that much to remember pedestrian sprites... >_>

Yahtzee your videos are to short to review to games at the same time (if they are not indy games) this was fun but you should have done a pure prototype review before you did this one.

(Prototype) If Yahtzee was talking about the Whipfist, I never ever used it. EVER. Once I got the Blade, I used that constantly. And what he said about the old man, the soldiers and everything is hilarious and I totally do that.

The66Monkey:
Yahtzee your videos are to short to review to games at the same time (if they are not indy games) this was fun but you should have done a pure prototype review before you did this one.

The thing is that there isn't much to review. It's a very simple open world game. He summed it up in that comparison, but the thing is it's simplicity in that area is the best part of the game. Just kill everything.

The problem is that I still think that both games are underwhelming. Frankly, I couldn't care less about parkour or mystical powers, the third-person perspective infuriates me in this scenario and as sandboxes go, they're not even that ambitious either. So, you can throw cars and helicopters at people. Big whoop. I can destroy cities with artillery strikes and finish it off with a coordinated airstrike by several dozen CAS aircraft in one of my recent purchases.

RAKtheUndead:
The problem is that I still think that both games are underwhelming. Frankly, I couldn't care less about parkour or mystical powers, the third-person perspective infuriates me in this scenario and as sandboxes go, they're not even that ambitious either. So, you can throw cars and helicopters at people. Big whoop. I can destroy cities with artillery strikes and finish it off with a coordinated airstrike by several dozen CAS aircraft in one of my recent purchases.

Not everyone will enjoy it.

Great review Yahtzee, as usual.

saiyanwarrior:
Really liked the emo peter pan line, great review again and what is with people and the magical first post what do you get out of it cornettos or something?

It's a way of saying "I think i'd like to up my post-count and e-penis size", without actually outright saying "i'm upping my post count!...And e-penis size!" Apparently, people think that matters or something. Otherwise, I absolutely agree. What is the damn point?

That set aside.

This review is pure gold. As an owner of both games, I absolutely agree and am still laughing at that emo Peter Pan bit. Both games are great, but outshine eachother in certain areas. In the end, both are worth atleast playing. Rent both, or buy one and rent the other to see if it's worth owning both. Disappointment wont be had on either medium, unless you've got something against an electrically powered John Connor with karma issues, or a bio-terrorist emo Peter Pan with a methamphetamine and dismemberment complex.

Regardless. This review is "made of win".

RAKtheUndead:

... I think you are comparing apples and assholes, my friend. Games like that let you accumulate money or you are part of an army and earn rank before you can boss around peons to do your bidding.

Both InFamous and Prototype revolve around the idea of One Man pulling all this stuff off through personal power or sheer moxy which a different type of sandbox or game in general than rounding up a posse and dropping bombs. :/

And on a personal note, I tend to find a kill count done almost entirely alone within 100 yards to be more impressive than dropping bombs but different strokes for different folks so I am as unimpressed by your "nuke" run as you are by giggling glee at mass murder at close range.

incognito_me:

saiyanwarrior:
Really liked the emo peter pan line, great review again and what is with people and the magical first post what do you get out of it cornettos or something?

It's a way of saying "I think i'd like to up my post-count and e-penis size", without actually outright saying "i'm upping my post count!...And e-penis size!" Apparently, people think that matters or something. Otherwise, I absolutely agree. What is the damn point?

That set aside.

This review is pure gold. As an owner of both games, I absolutely agree and am still laughing at that emo Peter Pan bit. Both games are great, but outshine eachother in certain areas. In the end, both are worth atleast playing. Rent both, or buy one and rent the other to see if it's worth owning both. Disappointment wont be had on either medium, unless you've got something against an electrically powered John Connor with karma issues, or a bio-terrorist emo Peter Pan with a methamphetamine and dismemberment complex.

Ya know, I like your comparison of their archetypes better than I liked Yahtzee's. :D

Great, now I am going to be chanting a bastardized version of You can Fly when I play Prototype later...

I love these "God in a box" games. Both of them are unique in ways of causing destruction in a manner that fits your play style.

You are right to say that is wrong to pick the side of a game just because of its console but when you stand beside that console through thick and thin and would gladly pick up a sword and shield to defend its honor you really can't help but be a little biased for that console.

Marvelous review, I'm glad I own both games, bit if it were me I'd give prototype the map points. Atleast it admits it's a New York clone, unlike other games (Here's looking at you GTA IV)

I've been a Playstation owner since the original console came out, I've loved it and it's loved me back. I got the PS3 on release day and still love it to this day, I also have a 360 and love it to death besides those 3 returns/buy backs due to the red ring of death. Both are great because both share unique single-party games. If I could have it any other way I'd wish inFamous would be for the 360 as well because everyone should have a chance to play that. Hell while we are at it lets just have a super console!

PS: <--- White bastard who spends excess money on video games

Emo peter pan haha. One of my faves for sure.!

Great review... still laughing about the emo peter pan & elbow dropping the old man's widow from 200 stories high lines.

I've thoroughly enjoyed playing through Prototype... can't pass comment on InFamous due to the lack of a PS3 though.

Righto, back to kicking the f*** out of New York!!!

Im going to say that i think prototype is better because its on more platforms than just the ps3. However id still get infamous if i could because prototype can get old quickly, theres only so many ways you can kill the same bunch of guys.

Hey, the funny's back! I loved "if Mr. Bean was a mass murderer", and "think whiny thoughts". Prototype looks more fun though, and if story and plot are more important to you, then buy inFamous. They have their own merits, it seems. And I keep hearing that the in-game powers and abilities need balancing.

DeathWyrmNexus:

incognito_me:

saiyanwarrior:

That set aside.

Ya know, I like your comparison of their archetypes better than I liked Yahtzee's. :D

Great, now I am going to be chanting a bastardized version of You can Fly when I play Prototype later...

Yeah, the first time I played Infamous was after seeing T4. And all I could think was "Wow...I AM John Connor. Only, electrically powered. It's like, for once...i'm a Terminator, AND John Connor...at the same time!"

Now whenever I play Infamous, I can't get John Connor out of my head. I just...can't unsee Connor when I play as Cole. Just like when I play Resident Evil 5, and go up against the Big Man Majini, I can't unsee Kimbo Slice.

I have Prototype, its very fun till u beat it then just repeating crap gets boring, I think both games should be rentals to be honest, no point in them

emo peter pan....

I cant stop laughing

... help

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook