Zero Punctuation: Prototype

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

You just KNOW theres going to be someone in those studios bored enough to do it...
Hehe emo peterpan... why have I got the urge to design that ridculous example..

I vote both developer's take up Yahtzee's challenge IMMEDIATELY.

incognito_me: LOL, I can see that being very interesting. Now you just need an enemy that looks like Sarah Connor and he can resolve his abandonment issues. XD

RedPanda: Eh, probably wasn't a game for you. I logged in over 50 hours, then again, I probably belong on the Plains of Ida when I die, battling for all eternity only to rise up the next day if I am defeated... /D&D reference

I especially love going into Game plus with the Close Contact event open, meaning a constant supply of Supers to beat on without constant Helicopter annoyance. Pathetically I noticed that Super Soldiers cost the government 1.5 million a piece so I am making it a point to see how many I get before I burn out and go crazy.

Although it wasn't a review, it was funny.
They really are equal games because they each excel in different fields as you put.

I did enjoy prototype and i might just have to play inFamous

Blaiz:
Nice review, just go on Rule 34, there are bound to be some bikini pictures on there.

That is so amazingly true. The real internet is way ahead of us

Fuck you I threw air conditioners so much I nicknamed the game Air Conditioner combat.

And the whip is not over powered it's only use is taking out single targets and it barely scratches armor. The other powers are much better for taking out smaller targets at a more rapid pace and taking out armor.

I'm surprised no-one has posted a picture yet...I know none of us are developers, but it's a fun bit of photo-shopping and it would raise a laugh...

Spider Expert:
Fuck you I threw air conditioners so much I nicknamed the game Air Conditioner combat.

And the whip is not over powered it's only use is taking out single targets and it barely scratches armor. The other powers are much better for taking out smaller targets at a more rapid pace and taking out armor.

Whip is for clearing Peons and molesting Helicopters.

Hammer is for smashing armor until you get the Blade

Blade is for smashing things you really need dead and hopefully nothing important is near while you are swinging.

Claws are for having close combat fun until you get stronger powers though I still use them on Supers.

Muscle Mass is for when you need to beat on Supers or some other tough creature without causing collateral damage. And throwing things. Throwing Things with Fully Upgraded Muscle Mass is how I beat the last fight.

I like using the different powers in variations, create some challenge. Then again hard mode at the end of the game is pretty damn hard, getting all of your health blown off.

Emo peter pan.
Main characters in bras.

Just two of the things in this review that made me giggle.

Strange coincidence. I was considering whether to get Prototype off Steam, earlier today, and decided against it. But now... I might give it a try. Anyone have any comments on the PC version? Is it a good port?

So, what'll be next week, Conduit (on account of the ads)? Ghostbusters? Maybe you could add Red Faction Guerella and do a three way sandbox game comparison, although it wouldn't be very fair as Red Faction is a very different game to inFamous and Prototype, not to mention a better one.

I'm at the "mother" (real name averted to avoid spoilers) boss battle, and i'm finding it to be a pretty damn decent challenge for one of the last fights in the game, on normal. Mainly due to the insane amount of hunters that keep ganging up on me, when I try to do damage to the boss (which has like 5 life bars - 4 mini - 1 main.)

Also, when I try the air slice (one of the best methods i've noticed for this fight - aside from devestators) I keep getting hit by rocks and green homing energy thingies as I drop down. Then after I drop, the boss uses it's own dev. attack, and puts me at like half an inch of health. Then the hunters. Then the death.

No denying, this is quite a difficult battle. As it should be. I have every single purchasable upgrade to this point, as well. And still...this is quite difficult.

What a great episode that was! I came home very late and I really wanted something to crack me up. I wonder who would look sexier in a bra though?

I like Prototype but havnt played infamous but heard it was good and i like solution to the tie i want to know who wins.

incognito_me:
I'm at the "mother" (real name averted to avoid spoilers) boss battle, and i'm finding it to be a pretty damn decent challenge for one of the last fights in the game, on normal. Mainly due to the insane amount of hunters that keep ganging up on me, when I try to do damage to the boss (which has like 5 life bars - 4 mini - 1 main.)

Also, when I try the air slice (one of the best methods i've noticed for this fight - aside from devestators) I keep getting hit by rocks and green homing energy thingies as I drop down. Then after I drop, the boss uses it's own dev. attack, and puts me at like half an inch of health. Then the hunters. Then the death.

No denying, this is quite a difficult battle. As it should be. I have every single purchasable upgrade to this point, as well. And still...this is quite difficult.

Pming you the best way I found to handle that ... Delightfully empowered woman...

Hard Mode + is keeping me entertained ^_^

incognito_me:

Did that one a couple of hours ago. I found that nabbing a tank and blasting away worked well.

I didn't really find the whip overpowered at all. In fact, I thought that the claw move where you thrust the claws into the ground and huge ones come out beneath your target was overpowered. At one point, I targeted an enemy unit and hid behind a corner as he was distracted, repeatedly thrusting spikes through the ground until I eventually killed him.

Any review referrencing Mr. Bean and Jeffrey Dahmer = WIN.

Excellent as ever but I still don't understand the justification for any comparison between the two games.

I'm having a lot of fun in Prototype lately just cycling through various methods of fighting things. Still I have to admit, a lot of times it's very much so a matter of just relaxing into catharsis.

As to Mercer's morality, I actually enjoy the morality presented in Prototype. It's really pretty damn gray, partly since at the end of the day you're a mass murdering fuckhead one way or another. But on the other hand, most of the people there are only alive to kill because you saved their asses directly or indirectly. So where does that fall on the balance beam of good vs. evil, how many saved lives make up for the constant stream of murders, and how many murders make up for saving so many lives? I think the fact that the game doesn't have to pontificate about it is a good thing, it's just the facts that you are both good and bad at the same time, just like most people but out to further extremes.

PS2MAN:
This is not really a Review of Prototype rather than a half assed debate. I real dissapionted this week.

Baaaaaaaw.

It was like infamous part 2 with a bonus Prototype review on the side. But it was great, though, as always.

I have an observation: if spiderman games had gore, they'd be Prototype, basically.

I would have to say that prototype def wins this one

I wonder if they'll dance like puppet men at Yahtzee's fingertips, or if they will just completely ignore his review

I've actually never played 90 percent of the games Yahtzee reviews but I almost die laughing along to every Zero Punctuation. This is one of the funnier ones, might I say. "Sneak up behind a soldier, eat him without being noticed then when you get back to the base accuse the other guard of being you in disguise and while they're busy shooting him eat them too."

That made my week.

SaraPh:
I'm having a lot of fun in Prototype lately just cycling through various methods of fighting things. Still I have to admit, a lot of times it's very much so a matter of just relaxing into catharsis.

As to Mercer's morality, I actually enjoy the morality presented in Prototype. It's really pretty damn gray, partly since at the end of the day you're a mass murdering fuckhead one way or another. But on the other hand, most of the people there are only alive to kill because you saved their asses directly or indirectly. So where does that fall on the balance beam of good vs. evil, how many saved lives make up for the constant stream of murders, and how many murders make up for saving so many lives? I think the fact that the game doesn't have to pontificate about it is a good thing, it's just the facts that you are both good and bad at the same time, just like most people but out to further extremes.

That and while Mercer's actions are dubious at best and psychopathic to most people, what he is fighting is infinitely worse, the humans who made it and continue to try and control it and the infected themselves.

These last few Zero Punctiations have actually made me laugh, just like in the good old days. Sweet.

because my opinion absolutely matters I'd plump for Prototype every time simply because of the visceral qualities of manipulating your biology into awful implements of death, which I've dreamed about for many many a year.

the review was hilarious, but people need to stop putting "first" on the threads. it's stupid.

I don't know why, but the image of the trash robot blasting someone while demanding spare change had me in stiches more than it did in the InFamous review.

Heck, the imagery this time was really hilarious.

I really hope the developers respond to Yahtzee's "other character wearing a bra" contest.

Two hundred seventy eighth!

Okay..Last weeks was funnier but still

Why did he have to do this? I'm getting irritated with the whole "prototype copied infamous" and vice versa. For one thing, Prototype was in development since like what, 2005? A lot of his points were dumb such as the not using any weapon, I use EVERYTHING. ITS WHAT MAKES THE GAME FUN. Second, do gliding challenges have to have a purpose? Third, the whole web of intrigue thing is just a unique tidbit to the game's story that adds nothing because you can't figure out what the fuck any of it means. Beside that, it isn't meant to explain the story. And I found the story to be rather simple and easy to follow. Look, I'm not a fanboy or anything, it's just that this review pissed me off because of all the ridiculously stupid points. AND the fact that he had to compare it to inFamous, one of the things I wouldn't expect this reviewer to do.

For anyone who is new here let me summerize 99% of comments on Yatzee videos.

Either A: I love you Yatzee and every thing you do is perfect.

Or B: Your opinion disagrees with mine. That makes you wrong and here's why.

What bouth sides have to understand is that nobody gives a damn about what you think.

Of corse nobody gives a damn about this post or what I think either.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here