There Will Be Brawl: Episode Six

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

LOL "tennis?" That really set me off X'D

I love this episode. It's like someone took the Bellic Cousins from GTA and put the together with the Mario Bros. It was also the first time in my life that I can honestly say that I was scared of Mario and I liked it. Here is hoping that Mario gets even more violent in the next level.

that..... was AWESOME, best episode yet

I hated the fact that Samus was taken down so easily, IT'S FUCKING SAMUS. She is the only one I don't really like on this show. However I loved Waluigi, I laughed so hard and loud when I realized who it was. I can't wait to see Bowser. Ganondorf and Dedede were awesome so I am hoping Bowser is on the same level.

MOAR ZELDA MOAR SHEIK X3

And the plot thickens

Hard not to feel a little pitty for Warrio when you Waluigi came up.

So, since we've seen Waluigi, does that mean we'll see Birdo in the future perhaps?

Argol228:
I hated the fact that Samus was taken down so easily, IT'S FUCKING SAMUS. She is the only one I don't really like on this show. However I loved Waluigi, I laughed so hard and loud when I realized who it was. I can't wait to see Bowser. Ganondorf and Dedede were awesome so I am hoping Bowser is on the same level.

MOAR ZELDA MOAR SHEIK X3

Their not the characters from their own canon, or else Sonic wouldn't be in a wheelchair and Fox would be in his Arwing.

I thought the meta-humor from Waluigi was great. I like how he seems even more innocent than Pokemon Trainer, which is fitting as he is not a proper character in Brawl and only appears in spin-offs like Mario Party and the sports games. Tennis?

Personally, I want to see Samus get in her Power Suit and start kicking ass.

Macar:
And the plot thickens

Hard not to feel a little pitty for Warrio when you Waluigi came up.

So, since we've seen Waluigi, does that mean we'll see Birdo in the future perhaps?

Unfortunately, Birdo's not in Brawl.

randommaster:

He/she is in the background of one of the stages, so who knows? I mean, Isaac and Waluigi were only assist trophies, so it's possible.

Waluigi seems to have brain damage.

I'm starting to think that they need to change the current formula. So far it's been the following:

(((Superman: Red Son+Watchmen+gangs)/generic counter-authoritarianism)*video game jokes)*grit/darkness=There Will be Brawl. This isn't to say the series is bad, just that things are starting to get too predictable. Like how anyone who has a brain larger than a peanut could've figured out Link is the bad guy after two/three episodes.

Hmmmmm now I wonder where this is going. I could of sworn Yoshi was the bad guy, considering he fits the MO perfectly (not only does he eat people it seems the cuter the character is the more psychotic they are. Kirby, case and point)
You guys a really building up Bowser too, I hope the character lives up to the hype. I'm wondering if you are going to do heavy make-up like with DeDeDe or a subtle, more approachable, variation like with Ganondorf. And I'm wondering how important that one line about Bowser and Buddhism (not sure which episode)
Also, I was so happy to find out this was a Lakitu-heavy episode. The character does a really good job of keeping the foundation sound on the plot with his newscasts. And it was great to see him as a real person. He is a pompous rich guy, like most newscaster stereotypes, but in a good way. Great job Jordan!

orannis62:

randommaster:

He/she is in the background of one of the stages, so who knows? I mean, Isaac and Waluigi were only assist trophies, so it's possible.

It's possible, but I doubt it, no matter how funny it would be for the writers to mess with our heads on whether Birdo's a boy or girl.

ZZ-Tops89:
I'm starting to think that they need to change the current formula. So far it's been the following:

(((Superman: Red Son+Watchmen+gangs)/generic counter-authoritarianism)*video game jokes)*grit/darkness=There Will be Brawl. This isn't to say the series is bad, just that things are starting to get too predictable. Like how anyone who has a brain larger than a peanut could've figured out Link is the bad guy after two/three episodes.

...yeah, that's the point. Of course Link is a bad guy, that's outright said multiple times. If you mean that he's the killer, I somehow doubt it. It would make sense, but it could be Zelda, or both of them could just be opportunistic bastards.

Gigawolf1:
Waluigi seems to have brain damage.

Not to be rude, but that was the joke.

Well there goes my theory that yoshi was the one eating people.

There is no bad to this series. It's extreme awesome no matter what is going on. Whats even better is they manage funny references as well. The 'tennis' part had me rolling it was great.

Now another grueling month of wait. I swear my collection of DVD's shall not be complete until this one is created, purchased and placed in my stock.

Very entertaining, but... is it just me, or did the Italian accents get pretty much ditched? Basically, it's just normal American dialogue with random "-a"s everywhere ("We'd better-a get a move on").

Or were there any real attempts at Italian accents to begin with? I can't remember if Mario and Luigi's dialogue always sounded like this. Hmm, might have to load Episode One up again...

Come on, Mario. Find a way out of this insanity, this...this madness.
Someone's gotta bust a fireball or something.

I'm a fairly tough room, but I did actually laugh out loud when Waluigi said "It's a Mario Party>"

I Rofl'd.

More than once.

wow great, so is anyone keeping a list of who is left.
Also tabuu was said to not be in this set of films because it is part of SSE story.

He has a Yoshi now. Bowser's screwed.

The last three seconds of the video made the whole thing worthwhile, even if it did seem a bit sulky. It's still a great series.

randommaster:

Argol228:

MOAR ZELDA MOAR SHEIK X3

Their not the characters from their own canon, or else Sonic wouldn't be in a wheelchair and Fox would be in his Arwing.

I thought the meta-humor from Waluigi was great. I like how he seems even more innocent than Pokemon Trainer, which is fitting as he is not a proper character in Brawl and only appears in spin-offs like Mario Party and the sports games. Tennis?

Personally, I want to see Samus get in her Power Suit and start kicking ass.

Well You have to remember Fox did have those adventure games so he isn't always in his arwing and Sonic being in a wheel chair I saw as a joke at the series growing old and crippled. I don't know, maybe I just read too much and thought Samus would have been the uncaring badass that is only in it for her own benefit. and yes I would love to see her in her Varia suit.

I was chatting with Shophius about the sexualisation of Samus Aran and how I find it digusting, but Becky Young as Samus, damn... I take it all back.

Its funny that I never watch TV but I come to the Escapist to watch all the shows when they come out, kudos to There Will Be Brawl, and kudos to the Escapist for turning me into a couch potatoe.

Brilliant episode, glad to see it back once more.

The ending was hilarious. I have to watch there will be blood after this series is finished.

The ending made my day ^^

Mario and the Pokemon Trainer were hilarious.

"Come on! Let's go play Go Karts!", he's so adorable.

You've really put together an amazing story here, well done.
I know that this is live-action and you can't put together an episode a week, but God dam it I wish you could.

Nailog:
Did anyone else recognize Waluigi?

Heh, yeah, I noticed that. "Wait a minute... is that Vork?"

There Will Be Brawl is one of my favorite webseries! Fantastic episode, as always.
Mario is such a badass!
Keep up the great work, doods!

Very good, but what was with that like cut out skippy thing near the end?

Either Mario was taking control of the yoshis again, or he was killing them like a psycho as if he were riding them. But they were pretty badass :D

Nerotharis:
Very good, but what was with that like cut out skippy thing near the end?

Just a little editing glitch before submission. We'll have the fixed version uploaded as soon as possible. :)

Glad you all liked the episode!

orannis62:
My bet's on Samus, personally.

Agreed, i made a post last video about her and something weird she does near the last scene. Not entirely certain but money on Aran.

what a ending
good job keep them coming ^^

5:50 No, we'll play tennis later.

pantsoffdanceoff:
That was more humorous than the others but the effects didn't seems as well done (the smoke was awful). But overall this is a fantastic series, my favorite on the escapist.

I agree. Also, there was a bad audio cut when Luigi and Samus were taken by the po-pos. Other than that, another great episode. I would advise against throwing too much humor in, though; it really draws away from the dramatic tension they've built over the course of the series thus far.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here