Zero Punctuation: The Sims 3

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

That was the funniest ZP in a long time, mostly because it was true ;)

The sims....Euagh.

Sorry you got dumped, Yahtzee. That's rough, buddy.

Ah Yatzee, what a legend. This is his best in a while.

haha inappropriate menstruation jokes

Does Yahtzee have a cold or maybe a sore throat? it sounds like he did get better soon.

It was funny but it wasn't the high quality of his other reviews

while he clearly hates everything the game stands for - don't we all - I can't help but feel he may enjoy it a bit

This is so true. Simulation games just allow the worst of us to take pleasure in evils they can't engage in here, in real life. Such games can feed a psychological problem really quickly.

You know what's worse than The Sims for this, though? The prison mod for Counter Strike: Source. In this mod, people take roles as either cops or prisoners, and the prisoners have no guns at the start. They have to do what the cops say or get shot.

Eventually they have to kill a cop, take the gun, and somehow take out his friends. But that never happens. The whole scenario almost always becomes an excuse for people to live out really bizarre sado-masochistic fantasies. As far as my experience goes, the prisoners never manage to win, because the cops play very dirty.

The reason why this is worse than Yahtzee's current punching bag? There are real humans at the end of the suffering, even if the suffering is fake.

I totally agree. Women are evil.

Jesus H Christ.... Yahtzee can spew vitriol on the male sex any review he wants, but when he unleashes some hilarious "hatred" on women, we get people bitching and moaning? I am not going to drag this out, because I can easily solve the problem with this statement: youre all overreacting hypocrites.

As for the review, I loved the "repeating the same routine you are supposed to use your personal time to escape from" comment. I played the first sims game and never touched that sack of shit again for that exact same reason. Why spend your hours of free time playing a copy and paste repetition of the previous title, when even the first Sims was little more than a jumped up tamagotchi? There are enough people in the world wiping the arses of screaming little monsters without people resorting to virtual versions of the same task.

I like the review, funny as usual, but I disagree. I'm a guy and I love the Sims 3. It's a brilliant game, and I don't think it's evil... much anyway.

Silva:
This is so true. Simulation games just allow the worst of us to take pleasure in evils they can't engage in here, in real life. Such games can feed a psychological problem really quickly.

You know what's worse than The Sims for this, though? The prison mod for Counter Strike: Source. In this mod, people take roles as either cops or prisoners, and the prisoners have no guns at the start. They have to do what the cops say or get shot.

Eventually they have to kill a cop, take the gun, and somehow take out his friends. But that never happens. The whole scenario almost always becomes an excuse for people to live out really bizarre sado-masochistic fantasies. As far as my experience goes, the prisoners never manage to win, because the cops play very dirty.

The reason why this is worse than Yahtzee's current punching bag? There are real humans at the end of the suffering, even if the suffering is fake.

There was a social experiment like that. This guy had his university student take on the roles of cops and prisoners in a mock prison for an approved experiment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_prison_experiment

yay, i love cider to! ref= 2:23 and 2:59 and 3:17 lolol

yahtzee for prime minister... at least then there wont be any niceties to cover the truth of politics!

go ZeroPunctuation!

they seem to get better every week.

OH GOD NOT THE SIMS!!! I played it for two seconds then I got extremely bored and felt the sudden impulse to throw the game disk out the window to let the neighbors skeet shoot it to death.

I'm assuming 2 and 3 are roughly the same.

The Sims 3 I feel will only appease those who LOVE to design everything which is certainly not me. It took me an HOUR to create ONE sim!
That rant about women.... that stings Yahtzee. :P
I liked the review anyway.

Xaositect:
Jesus H Christ.... Yahtzee can spew vitriol on the male sex any review he wants, but when he unleashes some hilarious "hatred" on women, we get people bitching and moaning? I am not going to drag this out, because I can easily solve the problem with this statement: youre all overreacting hypocrites.

Amen to that. Unless these same whiners want to whine about, The Simpsons, King of Queens, Two and a Half Men, Rules of Engagement and the vast litany of shows which present a view of men as idiotic beer swilling sex crazed beasts with barely a coherent thought in their head then the whine comes across as the typical "I want to whine about you, but you can't whine about me" pop-feminism. For hecks sake, the last century has been one long female whine and even now that the vast majority of inequalities are easily explainable without reference to sexism the whining still goes on. Anyway, don't get me started on this.

I thought the review was pretty hilarious and Yahtzee was obviously being facetious about women. I hated how true it was. I too find myself sucked into a deadening routine on the sims, I too find myself wasting hour after hour on a game that can't honestly be described as fun. Nice work Yahtzee!

I though I was the only one who thought that I was servicing the sims games.
Glad to know I'm not the only one

Xaositect:

It's because he's right and they are trying to defend themselves.

Yahtzee you douchebag! How could you? You've angered me before but now I draw the line!

What do you MEAN there are no Trilby hats!?

this wasn't really a review at all, more of a EA and women are bad rant

epic fail

The show is getting a bit boring now. I think it's time to put ZP to sleep and then maybe smother him to death.

Woah... you just made be depresed, never thought someone like Yahtzee could speak like that... it's sad for crying out loud!

Nice review Yahtzee, the sims 3 its a clone from 1 and 2 and is one of the most boring game ever. EA is a pretty hard compagny to trust since theyre games are all shit and all they do is make money off sports fanatics with their sports games and the sims for the women.

I hope you won't review Overlord II, cause it looks pretty much the same as Overlord 1, and we should all know that Overlord is a ripoff from Pikmin.

The conduit is going to be a failure because its on the Wii.

By the way, i took on that offer of yours and downloaded Psychonauts. The characters are hilarious and the game is pretty fun, reminds me of Banjo-Kazooie.

I love the Sims 2. I need to get around to buying the 3rd one.

You rock Ben! Your the greatest thing since cola and menthos or was that the sims?

Did Yahtzee have a cold or something?

Strong Intelligent:
Great, I'm a woman.

I'm sad now. I feel like I've wasted my life.

You have

But then again, i'm a man so... I have too

"This may sound a little bit hysterical, but The Sims is probably the most evil game in the world." Well, alright then! I guess I'll stay away from it. Good review.

Rajin Cajun:

CaptainCalvin:

Rajin Cajun:

CaptainCalvin:

Rajin Cajun:
I am glad to see the women bashing. In my quite humble opinion there isn't enough women bashing...ever.

I don't think women need bashing, men just need to think more. Myself included...

there I put my two cents in on that topic, and that's all i'm gonna say so don't quote me.

I'm quoting you because you told me not to. What are you going to do about that? Nothing thats right. Back in the corner slave! Next man I see defending women in this thread gets gutted. Yarr!

/Dons Eyepatch

Sir! You forget yourself! I challenge you to a duel! with, umm, rubber chickens! Draw your fowl and face me, unless ye be a coward!

I accept thy duel knave! :P

you what? uh-oh...

oh look a 50-foot flaming iguana of death!!! *runs away to parts unknown*

I read the first two pages of posts, and have yet to read a comment from someone who's played the game, or seems like they've played it.

For those bitching that the Sims 3 is a bad game because of its genre or its formula, there are lots of us out in the gaming world (including myself) who think that, for example, first person shooter games suck ass, etc. So your complaint is completely pointless because it's based on personal opinion.

Both Yahtzee and John Funk neglected to mention the additions to some of the already-existing content from Sims 2, such as the addition of another life stage (young adult), or the many many more options you have when interacting with other Sims and objects. Some big updates were made, like being able to explore and interact with the whole town and everyone in it. You'd probably have to play Sims 2 in depth before playing Sims 3 to notice some of the smaller changes, but they're there, and fans of the game like myself are enjoying their addition.

As for the customization options, like being able to completely make your house and furniture any colour you could possibly want it, fans think it's neat to be able to recreate people you know and places you've been to. I heard some of the first things fans were doing was recreating the sets of their favourite TV shows.

If you like the game, great, but if not, there's no need to rip it. Sims fans don't go around ripping the Halo series or the Mortal Kombat series because they think it's stupid.

lol, nice ending XD

mmmmmm, spam sandwich. This game sucks for the same reason Grand Theft Boring F&*@ing Life does. Why simluate real life in a video game. Real life sucks and thats why we play games in the first place.

For his complaints about Ghostbusters, why not simply buy it on steam? 29.99

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or