Zero Punctuation: The Sims 3

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

What?! No trilbies?!

BLASPHEMY

i thought crowshaw liked the sims??? he said im his spore review. huh mabye not

great review yahtzee

ForgottenPr0digy:
dude WTF
I was like OK a review on this game and then he loses me at the end about women being evil?

I'm not evil... (sulks in corner)
lol, good review anyway. I finally know why it is that The Sims totally creeps me out.

Great review. You're totally right. The Sims is evil.

I think that bell noise is his new favourite sound :P

*facepalm*

Yahtzee must be having a really bad week, maybe he did get dumped. Well, there are still plenty of fish in the sea. But that was a harsher than normal review...only reason I play the Sims is cause it allows me to block out the sound of my mother yelling about something.

And Yahtzee, I'd recommend seeing a doctor some time soon, you don't sound like you're feeling well.

"All Women Are evil"
"incidentally I'm still not GAY"

That was HILARIOUS.

Seedofbilly:
Summer games drought... to be fair there is Red Faction: Guerilla, Overlord 2, The Conduit and a few others you could have ripped apart

Red Faction: Guerilla=(cheap) Doom Remake
Overlord 2= Medieval Sims 3(with the specific purpose to be evil)
The Conduit= Another(yawn) shooter

Yes, I am also sad there are no Trilby hats. Maks me kindof sad, I can't make a Yahtzee and torture him.

There is more than one selectable town (Probably as said before) :O

Funny review although not his best.

Ah, so I'm not the only one who got bored with The Sims waaaaaaaaay back in the first game because playing it felt more like work. Yahtzee you've managed to completely nail down exactly why I never got into this franchise. I'm not malicious enough to torture my sims and keeping them happy is too much work.

whaleswiththumbs:

Seedofbilly:
Summer games drought... to be fair there is Red Faction: Guerilla, Overlord 2, The Conduit and a few others you could have ripped apart

Red Faction: Guerilla=(cheap) Doom Remake
Overlord 2= Medieval Sims 3(with the specific purpose to be evil)
The Conduit= Another(yawn) shooter

Yes, I am also sad there are no Trilby hats. Maks me kindof sad, I can't make a Yahtzee and torture him.

Red Faction: Guerilla a "cheap Doom remake" O_O

What on Earth do you mean? Red Faction is a 3rd person game that plays on a high amount of physics and destructive environment and Doom is a classic FPS about demons on Mars. The only similarity is that they are both set on Mars... I hardly think that counts as a remake. Or else CoD would be a remake of International Superstar Soccer '98 for N64 because they are both set on planet Earth.

that . . . was uninformative

also didn't Yahtzee say the sims was great back in is spore review?

Blanks:
that . . . was uninformative

He also criticized inFamous for what he lauded it about in the Prototype review. He does that from time to time.

I can't fully understand the appeal of The Sims, mainly as I played the first game back when i was younger and happier and since then i just realized it;s basically the same thing with each new game, and EA getting you to basically rebuy all the expansion packs again for the new title.

Very frightening review.

Partially because there was some truth in it..

Blanks:

Sounds to me like Yatzhee has a love/hate relationship with the game. For starters, he seems to know quite a lot about Sims 2 (ex: the vampires, whatnot). In addition, like you mentioned, he has referenced the sims many times. Sounds to me like he played Sims 2 for fun back in the day =P

The rewiev is totally great.

Was playing SimS for 2 days and i realized pretty the same..
All u get there with time is a bigger and bigger house and the Lifetime happiness thing slightly forces u to be good and raise ur sims into sports legens, emperor of evil which should earn 1000 times more then the level 1 worker

>>"Incidentally, I'm still not gay."

That's alright, Yahtzee.

I can wait.

Methinks the laddy doth protest too much.

frankly i wouldn't touch a Sims game with a ten foot barge pole

......and if i did touch it with one it would be for the sole purpose of smashing it from here to kindom come along with every other sims game and add-on i have the misfortune to look upon with my ridiculously judgemental gaming ego

A delightful review that contained more facts than humour for once (Ea is run by the devil, Sims are a reverse kind of godgame so on).

The Sims 3 really contains ALLOT less than the Sims 2, allot of stuff I kept asking "where did that go seeing as I had Pirated every expansion pack after Sims 1 i saw allot missing from the game.

Sims 2 and 3 are just expansion packs that add graphics in reality. A good game if you like being an architect but there are cheaper and better versions of house design out on the market an none involve you soul being slowly harvested by EA through DLC to build their Dark Tower in the Underworld.

(Once you young ones get a girlfriend who likes the Sims you get why I Pirated them, the rewards will be sweet).

He does have a point, there are lots of elements from Sims 2 that have been taken out in this one, but hey, I still bought it and I still enjoy playing it.

He still didn't tell us who won, Sucker Punch or Radical Entertainment.

And Yahtzee, Red Faction: Guerilla was out weeks ago. You could have tried that and spared us all he ravings of a homeless man on the street.

what happened to the [prototype]/InFamous thing? Who won in the end? or did neither developing team send in a pic for fear of copyright infringement?
GARBLGARBLBLARG!

Exactly what i think of The Sims series. Only sadistic people or women like it.

oh, and yeah, the Sims? Evil incarnate, good job Yahtzee, the world is once again a safe place.

Well, that was uninspired.

wow so somebody does share my hate of the sims.

Poor Yahtzee, no Ghostbusters to play. I read that the release for the non PS3 versions outside of the US was delayed because of some deal Atari made with Sony. As for the sims, I haven't played much of it since the very first. Aside from the Sims on the Xbox, but that is more or less the same.

One of the better videos I've seen from you - very well constructed and does confirm my views that The Sims has always been the most evil game ever.

Incidentally, in Manhunt I don't think you can starve anyone to death. That alone makes The Sims more evil. ^^

He was right about The Sims, but the humor is steadily declining.

The Sims is also great for post-breakup therapy. I recreated my ex-wife eight times over, knowing that they would hate each other, put them in a large room with metal grate floors, a toilet inaccessabily walled into the middle of the room save for a small window that the bitches could use to see it, food right next to it (also walled off with bitch viewing window), and one impossible to use stove.

I would sit and watch their pain so virtually elequent, pixels streaming down there faces, sleeping in their own eFilth, until finally, one of the viscious harpies would sidle up to the stove and set the whole place aflame. Fire slowing creeping towards them until they had no where else to go and burning burning BURNING until my anger was satisfied.

Then the meds would kick in...

Rajin Cajun:

CaptainCalvin:

Rajin Cajun:
I am glad to see the women bashing. In my quite humble opinion there isn't enough women bashing...ever.

I don't think women need bashing, men just need to think more. Myself included...

there I put my two cents in on that topic, and that's all i'm gonna say so don't quote me.

I'm quoting you because you told me not to. What are you going to do about that? Nothing thats right. Back in the corner slave! Next man I see defending women in this thread gets gutted. Yarr!

/Dons Eyepatch

Sir! You forget yourself! I challenge you to a duel! with, umm, rubber chickens! Draw your fowl and face me, unless ye be a coward!

Not massively funny, but completely true.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here