Zero Punctuation: The Sims 3

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

crazyhaircut94:

onfirejb:

crazyhaircut94:
Great review, but it seemed a bit off-topic at times.

Yeh i agree, i also think it wasn't that funny. Infact it wasnt funny at all, just weird.

Either he has serious issues with The Sims, or he's stressed out or anything like that. I wonder if he maybe lost his girlfriend or something, when you think of the rant on "women are evil", and the end credits.

Or maybe, just maybe, he's a more or less ordinary, emotionally stable guy with a talent for making provocative and interesting comedic rants. "Women are evil" isn't exactly a new topic for comedy. I'll explain the logic for you: casual gamers = women. Sims is for casual gamers. Sims = evil. Therefore women = evil. And some other reasons and tie-ins for women being evil.
Hey look, funny video about a game and women. It isn't meant to be taken that seriously and it's rather asinine to draw the conclusion that it is the result of personal problems.

Seanchaidh:

crazyhaircut94:

onfirejb:

crazyhaircut94:
Great review, but it seemed a bit off-topic at times.

Yeh i agree, i also think it wasn't that funny. Infact it wasnt funny at all, just weird.

Either he has serious issues with The Sims, or he's stressed out or anything like that. I wonder if he maybe lost his girlfriend or something, when you think of the rant on "women are evil", and the end credits.

Or maybe, just maybe, he's a more or less ordinary, emotionally stable guy with a talent for making provocative and interesting comedic rants. "Women are evil" isn't exactly a new topic for comedy. I'll explain the logic for you: casual gamers = women. Sims is for casual gamers. Sims = evil. Therefore women = evil. And some other reasons and tie-ins for women being evil.
Hey look, funny video about a game and women. It isn't meant to be taken that seriously and it's rather asinine to draw the conclusion that it is the result of personal problems.

Fine, I'm asinine. Can't think of a snappy comment, cause it's 3AM where I live, so I'll roll with this instead.

neuromantic:

Thing is, a lot of what Yahtzee said in this review really made me release what a complete waste of bloody time it's all been.
When I'm not playing it I'll be really looking forward to it, but as soon as I actually load up the game all the 'wrongness' Yahtzee describes keeps creeping into it and you just can't shake the feeling that you're not having as much fun as you tell yourself you're having.

My thoughts exactly. It's been some time since I actually played the Sims (v1), but I do remember finding something unsettling about making my people eat, sleep, and play games on the computer. There is absolutely no escapism in it.

If you get it right, you get the illusion of success. If you get it wrong, and your sims are desperately hungry when they leave for work, you'll find it uncannily redolent of Real Life. And after all, isn't that what we're trying to avoid?

hay it bit offended by that

^^
same here as thie free
I played bustin out, and well same thing

Sims are evil & for girls? Well, that would explain why I always thought the game was so creepy, moreso when you make your sims look like people you know in real life, and why my sister liked that game so much.
Great review, yahtzee!

I loved that thing at the end about calling EA evil. Most of the rest of it was funny as well.

I should load up my copy of Sims 2 with the pet expansion.

This Video is yet to load for the 9th Time i've tried to watch it.

And another one of those reviews where I am unable to tell if Yahtzee liked it or hated it

amm... i own that game... i like it... i am male... is it wrong?!?

well... i enjoy the game :D

EA aren't stupid after all...they're just greedy exploitative fucks. lol nice

Sonicdude:
And another one of those reviews where I am unable to tell if Yahtzee liked it or hated it

how is it not completely Obvious he sees it as a time wasting life destroy monster of a game

Is it just me, or did Yahtzee sound a bit hoarse this week?
Judging by the scathing review of women as a sex at the end and the bit where he mentioned he'd given up on knowing a woman's touch, I'd hazard a guess that the poor guy's gone through a rough break up or got led on by some bird only to be disappointed in the end. He even went through the brief stint of blaming himself that usually comes with any hard break up.
Poor bloke, I know he probably wouldn't appreciate my sympathy and might even tell me off, but he certainly has my sympathy if he has indeed had recent lady troubles.
Here's to you, Mr. Croshaw. I wish you the best. And you have my thanks for continuing to produce your slanted, yet insightful; shameless, yet relevant reviews in spite of your troubles.
It happens to the best of us double-bacon shits.

Goosebagman:
Is it just me, or did Yahtzee sound a bit hoarse this week?
Judging by the scathing review of women as a sex at the end and the bit where he mentioned he'd given up on knowing a woman's touch, I'd hazard a guess that the poor guy's gone through a rough break up or got led on by some bird only to be disappointed in the end. He even went through the brief stint of saying he was worthless that usually comes with any hard break up.
Poor bloke, I know he probably wouldn't appreciate my sympathy and might even tell me off, but he certainly has my sympathy if he has indeed had recent lady troubles.
Here's to you, Mr. Croshaw. I wish you the best. And you have my thanks for continuing to produce your slanted, yet insightful; shameless, yet relevant reviews in spite of your troubles.
It happens to the best of us double-bacon shits.

It is possible that he let his deflector shield of cynicism down and was bitten for it.

HardRockSamurai:
Some have told me that the improvements in The Sims 3 were subtle, but I'm not going to buy another sims game until I can make my sims have orgies! Great review Yahtzee!

I'm still waiting for when I can get my slutty teenager pregnant. There has to be one young whore in every town, and the Sims breaks that rule!

Hoiguyyami:
Not a bad review, not utterly hilarious, but ok. i wouldnt mind seeing some old PS2 game reveiws, that no one played, like monster hunter and mercenaries (the first one)

ok, people started playing mercenaries after it went platinum, but still.

You'r forgetting drakengard 1! The J-RPG that doesn't act,look or really play like a J-RPG.

I expected it to be longer,why cant it be 10 minutes!? well either way i expected more bashing,still a nice episode,go Yahtzee you charismatic stallion!

sounds like someone got dumped there yahtzee.

I think all Sims players have realized the odd irony of the game. Still, the cold truth doesn't make it any less fun. How evil.

CaptainCalvin:

Rajin Cajun:

CaptainCalvin:

Rajin Cajun:
I am glad to see the women bashing. In my quite humble opinion there isn't enough women bashing...ever.

I don't think women need bashing, men just need to think more. Myself included...

there I put my two cents in on that topic, and that's all i'm gonna say so don't quote me.

I'm quoting you because you told me not to. What are you going to do about that? Nothing thats right. Back in the corner slave! Next man I see defending women in this thread gets gutted. Yarr!

/Dons Eyepatch

Sir! You forget yourself! I challenge you to a duel! with, umm, rubber chickens! Draw your fowl and face me, unless ye be a coward!

I accept thy duel knave! :P

To be honest a Zero Punctuation classic was born, one of the awesomest reviews for a very very long time, really felt like it had a substance to it

One time someone named Dudley fell in love with me in sims 2. strange!

Yeah, I could already tell that EA would release the Sims with almost nothing in it but basic skins, a wall and 5 different pieces of furniture or something to that effect.

This is why I wait for a deluxe pack :P.

Catchphrase:

MK Tha Rebel:
I was hoping he'd review The Sims 3, and he did not disappoint. Funny as always.

That's quite funny, because you posted so quickly that you didn't even watch it :))))))

You forget, I can see into the future. I KNEW that I'd like the video. And I was right, I enjoyed it very much. Especially the part about locking a Sim in an enclosed space and watching them slowly starve. BTW, next ZP is...well, I don't want to spoil it. :) Have a good day.

EA is the manifestation of societies collective Sims.

So true.
Yahtzee you charismatic STALLION~

3:33 LOLZ! (That's zombies eating cheetos and pizza dayam I can't get enough WoW jokes.)

Someone's having woman issues.. ;D

Disaster Button:
He sounds like he has a throat infection

That's what I thought!!

Dear god, I got this game just to mess around with for the weekend, it is now thursday and I have a family tree the size of a redwood with a house full of Supervillans, Astronauts, and International Spies. I dont know why I keep playing it, there is no end BECAUSE THE GAME NEVER ENDS.

Don't despair Yhatzee!!! If I'm ever in austrailia someday I'll look you up and not only will you know the touch of a woman, I'll make you take back most of the stuff on your video ;)

But for the most part, I agree. I never bought the sims and the sims 2 and all the expansion packs were givien to me as a gift from EA. I'm not going to bother with the sims 3. Especialy if the goth bits aren't included, those parts and building stuff are the main reason why I even bother to keep playing the sims 2.

Love this review.
It pretty much sums up my feelings of the first sims game (and only one I'll ever play). It's not like the idea of making a small neighborhood full of people you control can't be fun, it's just the Sims always take such a dull approach to it. I mean who wants to relive the shit you already do. We want to make our fantasy playground and all we get is more of the same soul crushing bullshit you get in real life.

I'll wait untill i find it in the bargain bin at my local games shop a few years from now. I agree with you about the deluxe version, I didn't even bother playing my copy of sims 2 untill I got Nightlife to go with it.

"So I guess, what i'm saying is that all women are evil. Bewitching innocence with their insidious emotions and absorbing our manhoods into their rank blood-streaked spam sandwiches."

This is put so well, sir, I bow down to your greatness.

I thoroughly enjoyed this review. It's about time somebody said what I was trying to say about it the entire time, but with more eloquence.

The Sims is a game that's just plain evil. I'm sorry, but the thing is an imitation of life that we get a kick out of just effing up. And in the end, if you're actually playing, you mustn't be enjoying yourself.

I sincerely hope there's not a single person out there who is actually enjoying themselves with this game.

Anywho, good rant, good jokes, and I can't wait for more!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here