Yahtzee's Prototype vs. InFamous Challenge

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

sucker punch cheated.

doctorjackal777:
I surprised they not only actually made the pictures but that they actually watched your review and took it seriously. 'Oh not that guy with a hat reviewed us and couldn't decided if we were better than that other game, lets pander to his desire to get a non existent prize.' Seriously I doubt Zero Punctuation actually helps or hinders anyone's games sales, other than a few people who were curious, like I bought Saints Row, because he said it was so much better than GTA, and it was but never mind. Zero Punctuation to me has always been a humorous little someone showing one mans opinions regarding the games he plays and it certainly gets this site more traffic, but I've never considered them to be serious review that would actually mean anything. He's like the AVGN or TGWTG, entertainers who enjoy ragging on something or other but who's opinions don't really affect the industry in which they review.

In the first 4 hours of his Painkiller review, sales of it on Steam TRIPLED. Or something, I saw Mr. Croshaw say it himself on a video on YouTube that has since been removed.

That, my friend, is pulling power. Nay, it is pulling powah

MaxTheReaper:
...This has to be against some sort of law.
But I'm still going to read it.

EDIT: Well.
I don't think I'll ever sleep soundly again.

You're not supposed to. It video game characters in women's undergarments. None of us will sleep soundly.

doctorjackal777:
I surprised they not only actually made the pictures but that they actually watched your review and took it seriously. 'Oh not that guy with a hat reviewed us and couldn't decided if we were better than that other game, lets pander to his desire to get a non existent prize.' Seriously I doubt Zero Punctuation actually helps or hinders anyone's games sales, other than a few people who were curious, like I bought Saints Row, because he said it was so much better than GTA, and it was but never mind. Zero Punctuation to me has always been a humorous little someone showing one mans opinions regarding the games he plays and it certainly gets this site more traffic, but I've never considered them to be serious review that would actually mean anything. He's like the AVGN or TGWTG, entertainers who enjoy ragging on something or other but who's opinions don't really affect the industry in which they review.

I'm fairly sure that Yahtzee has the second-most popular internet reviews, with a huge fan base and a whole lot of people who will buy any games that he approves of.

Panzer_God:
You're not supposed to. It video game characters in women's undergarments. None of us will sleep soundly.

Someone will.
Or, worse yet, someone won't for entirely different reasons than the rest of us.

Because they printed out the pictures and posted them all over their room.

MaxTheReaper:

Panzer_God:

Someone will.
Or, worse yet, someone won't for entirely different reasons than the rest of us.

Because they printed out the pictures and posted them all over their room.

That is massively sick and wrong. and unfortunately very true.

This was only Round 1 folks.

Round 2, break out the whips!

Wow. Okay, this I sure didn't expect. First picure was...disturbing as hell. Second one wasn't as bad.

He shoulda kept calling a tie and see what he could get them to do. That would have been great.

Aaaah... now all is clear. Thankyou!

Donnyp:
Anyone notice that he Said inFamous wins but the unicorn Picture was Alex Mercer. How could yahtzee screw it up lol. Yeah still pretty awesome they sent those pics lol.

draneth:
Okay I Know for a fact prototype won because Mercer (the one on the unicorn) was from prototype and Cole was from Infamous.

This angered me surprisingly much.

"Namely, which of the two studios could produce the best image of the rival game's main character wearing women's lingerie."
Maybe if people read carefully, they would pick out the word rival.

However, I am surprised that the two companies responded.

I'm rather glad sucker punch won, mostly because I enjoyed the Sly Cooper series for the Playstation 2. Well, actually just the 3rd one. The others had a rather dickish difficulty jump.

lol, thats bloody excellent! you my mate, are a legend! I dont know how you did it, but you did!

I couldn't believe they both sent in pictures, it's nice to see that they take things lightly and have a sense of humour rather than being overly sensitive about the reviews.

This is a testament to how powerful Yahtzee has become. This is all too beautiful. XD

whahaha the irony... maybe Radical and Sucker Punch need to fuse into Radical Punch as it appears they are on the same wave-length on more than one occasion.

very funny but please never show that picture of cole again

thats was so funny - cant believe they actually sent in the pictures

oh my god, that was f-ing amazing

That was scary I'm afraid to fall asleep right now

Panzer_God:

doctorjackal777:

I'm fairly sure that Yahtzee has the second-most popular internet reviews, with a huge fan base and a whole lot of people who will buy any games that he approves of.

Those people must have a small game's library then.

Prototype is just a piece of shit. It is not as bad as Superman 64 for sure but it is not better than Hulk. Copy paste all missions and city from Hulk, overhype it and you will get a hit. What a shit.

Don't play this crap.

Well that's my laugh of the day sorted although got to agree with yahtzee, infamous and sucker punch well done for being good sports, you sick, sick sods.

I started giggling insanely when I first read it, then forwarded it to a friend who immediately became a ZP fan also. Hurray!

I'm scarred for life.

Thank you, Yahtzee!

Snipingkid:

Donnyp:
Anyone notice that he Said inFamous wins but the unicorn Picture was Alex Mercer. How could yahtzee screw it up lol. Yeah still pretty awesome they sent those pics lol.

draneth:
Okay I Know for a fact prototype won because Mercer (the one on the unicorn) was from prototype and Cole was from Infamous.

"Namely, which of the two studios could produce the best image of the rival game's main character wearing women's lingerie."

You win this round Snipingkid. lol. I should read more carefully.

Oh my god, I had no expectations at all that this was actually going to happen. There's something wrong with this world. Or something very right, I'll get back to you on that.

Thank you for making this happen, but hope its not to much of an ego boost that major componies pander to your whims now :P

Donnyp:

Snipingkid:

Donnyp:

draneth:

That, and it was also said in the video at the end. Something along the lines of "I'm going to give winner to whoever sends me the best picture of the other's character wearing a bra."
I really don't see how it could be missed unless you skipped that day's ZP.

Snipingkid:

Donnyp:

Snipingkid:

Donnyp:

draneth:

That, and it was also said in the video at the end. Something along the lines of "I'm going to give winner to whoever sends me the best picture of the other's character wearing a bra."
I really don't see how it could be missed unless you skipped that day's ZP.

Nah probably just misheard him say and thought he said whoever sends me the best picture of their character wearing a bra. The economy is to bad for me to listen properly lol.

Stabby Joe:

Damn people are hating on Yathzee any chance they get now...

This whole Prototype vs inFamous was hilarious. I hope more games that are similiar are released in close dates to each other, preferably in the time of the year where no games are coming out and fanboys need something to sink their teeth in. It makes for great entertainment if anything.

I can't believe they actually took you seriously. I mean, I'm glad they did, but... geez...

BLOONINJA 503:

Stabby Joe:

Damn people are hating on Yathzee any chance they get now...

This whole Prototype vs inFamous was hilarious. I hope more games that are similiar are released in close dates to each other, preferably in the time of the year where no games are coming out and fanboys need something to sink their teeth in. It makes for great entertainment if anything.

How was that "hating"? It was more of a wise crack.

...wow you just blew my mind O_O I can't believe they made two VERY similar products, TWICE! But to be honest I would've prefered it if they had an all out deathmatch to see who's the winner XD

13 pages and no cynicism :S
what did you people do to the internet and how do i change it back X_X

now if i was the sort of person who cared, what i would do is make a hotmail account and send in a picture of one of the characters. then i'd probably make another email account and do the other. and i'd probably misinterpret the question in the same way. and i'd imagine that more then one person would do that. and i'd end up submitting something that looked a lot like the weaker entry that wasnt shown.

Grins and claps hands while shaking head in shock.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here