Yahtzee's Prototype vs. InFamous Challenge

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

What a shock result!
Pun very much intended.

MY EYES!!!!

This is about the funniest thing i've seen this week.

Those thighs really creeped me out for some reason.

Damn... I never expected the companies to respond either but this was awesome.

Never thought it would actually happen, but I'm so happy it did. Those two companies must have a lot of time on their hands.

sm0kybac0n:
That is one of the most awesome things I have ever seen. Not the pictures themselves, just that they actually did it.

Yahtzee, you have a helluva lot more influence in the gaming world than I previously thought possible; first Valve, now this...

wait what do you mean "first valve?"

I almost forgot about that at the end of the Prototype video. I couldn't stop laughing at the picture from Radical.

The correct choice was made in the end I believe.

*edit: spelling*

doctorjackal777:
I surprised they not only actually made the pictures but that they actually watched your review and took it seriously. 'Oh not that guy with a hat reviewed us and couldn't decided if we were better than that other game, lets pander to his desire to get a non existent prize.' Seriously I doubt Zero Punctuation actually helps or hinders anyone's games sales, other than a few people who were curious, like I bought Saints Row, because he said it was so much better than GTA, and it was but never mind. Zero Punctuation to me has always been a humorous little someone showing one mans opinions regarding the games he plays and it certainly gets this site more traffic, but I've never considered them to be serious review that would actually mean anything. He's like the AVGN or TGWTG, entertainers who enjoy ragging on something or other but who's opinions don't really affect the industry in which they review.

Goldeneye1989:

sm0kybac0n:
That is one of the most awesome things I have ever seen. Not the pictures themselves, just that they actually did it.

Yahtzee, you have a helluva lot more influence in the gaming world than I previously thought possible; first Valve, now this...

To give an answer to the both of you, when Yahtzee gave his overwhelmingly positive review of Valve's Painkiller, sales of that game tripled. And now the game developers are sending him pictures of their rival's character in women's clothing...
What will happen next?

Whether these events were because of an attempt to gain more recognition per game or proof some people in the gaming industry have a soul, one thing is clear.
This is fucking HILARIOUS....

The transvestial, super powered insanity could be expected. But rainbows? And unicorns? This is either a joint effort or some form of divine comedic intervention.

i liked this review alot :) and i loved prototype but i never tried infamous so i cant have an opinion on them vsing. either way that picture of alex was hilarious.

Beyond impressed that the companies actually did this. Well played on both parts and well played on Yahtzee's part for creating such a challenge.

Of course, this doesn't change the fact that I'm only going to get Prototype since InFamous has decided to be a PS3 exclusive and mine is a 360 household, but it does up the factor that if InFamous ever crosses over I will be first in line for a copy.

Haha, this is terrific! Didn't think they would actually go through with it.

Wait, they actually took part?!

I never thought they'd actually do this. I'm amazed at the level of detail put into the artwork..! I am impressed/wondering what these people are doing with their time.

johnman:

doctorjackal777:
Seriously I doubt Zero Punctuation actually helps or hinders anyone's games sales.

Valve called Yahtzee after his review of Painkiller to tell him downloads on steam had tripled after his review......

Unicorns FTW! Has anyone told Susan yet?

Wow, I didn't know that. That's very interesting.

MaxTheReaper:
...This has to be against some sort of law.

Nature itself? The unwritten laws of reality?

Pallindromemordnillap:

doctorjackal777:
I surprised they not only actually made the pictures but that they actually watched your review and took it seriously. 'Oh not that guy with a hat reviewed us and couldn't decided if we were better than that other game, lets pander to his desire to get a non existent prize.' Seriously I doubt Zero Punctuation actually helps or hinders anyone's games sales, other than a few people who were curious, like I bought Saints Row, because he said it was so much better than GTA, and it was but never mind. Zero Punctuation to me has always been a humorous little someone showing one mans opinions regarding the games he plays and it certainly gets this site more traffic, but I've never considered them to be serious review that would actually mean anything. He's like the AVGN or TGWTG, entertainers who enjoy ragging on something or other but who's opinions don't really affect the industry in which they review.

Goldeneye1989:

sm0kybac0n:

To give an answer to the both of you, when Yahtzee gave his overwhelmingly positive review of Valve's Painkiller, sales of that game tripled. And now the game developers are sending him pictures of their rival's character in women's clothing...
What will happen next?

You're forgetting Peter Molyneuc contacting Yahtzee to make sure he'd like Fable II. And the GDC thingy.

Goldeneye1989:

sm0kybac0n:

Well, after his review of the Orange Box, Valve invited him to Washington to meet their staff. See this.

I seriously feel that radical won that round, because, not only did they HUMILIATE Sucker punch by using an excisting photo and using Photoshop to make it more girly, and yet contain the ugly man that was supposed to wear it.. but the cowards at Sucker punch acctually made Alex look like a GIRL and not a man WEARING girls clothing. Also Radical had a more "Skillful" photo in my opinion, and Prototype is a fucking awesome game with just decent graphics. I say Radical wins, who is WITH me?

You know, despite Infamous winning and all (and I agree with Yahtzee that pic is better) I still think I'm going to get Prototype; I tried the Infamous demo and I just... I just couldn't enjoy myself. I think Prototype is the game I could really let myself go nuts with.

Good lord, my eyes.

They'll never be the same again.

LOL xD i thought something like this would happen, and how much more legendary it was.
its only been a week and both studios are willing to do something like this just to win a good review. lol XD

wait this actually HAPPENED? cor!

it is nice to see designers taking this much interest.
though i still think Prototype is better, simply because it's the only on i've played

....epic.

wtf i can't belive they did that

Archaon6044:
wait this actually HAPPENED? cor!

it is nice to see designers taking this much interest.
though i still think Prototype is better, simply because it's the only on i've played

...no, that means that inFAMOUS is still the better game, as you have no reason to doubt his opinion.

Okay people, if you haven't played both, you can't disagree with him. I haven't played both, but seeing as I agree with him, thats alright.

MaxTheReaper:

HardRockSamurai:
Um, Alex is the main character of Prototype, not InFamous.

"Namely, which of the two studios could produce the best image of the rival game's main character wearing women's lingerie."
I was confused at first too.

Im STILL confused...which one won exactly? XD Cos he said alex from..oh i give up..

I don't believe this. They both actually participated in the contest Yahzee sort of threw out there at the end of his review?
Yahtzee must have magical powers or something, or some sort of blackmail-like hold over Sucker Punch and Radical.

Just wow.

I can't believe that the game developers of each game watch your reviews,eventhough they know that most of the time they'll end up sitting in a dark corner with tears in their eyes and a teddy in their arms, because of you critisising the hell out of them.

But the fact that they look at you as if you were some kind of god-like reviewer that decides wether they can go to heaven or hell and accept your challenges just so that you can give their game the "Zero Punctuation seal of quality" makes me happy. (I guess they are just out for some fun)

Anyways,I would declare Prototype as the winner because their picture of Cole made me think twice about buying the game ... But who cares? No one! :)

Indigo_Dingo:
Both companies should put out special editions using those pictures as cover art.

I would so buy the INfamous one; now all we need is someone to cosplay as him in the Mardi Gras.

ARRRRGGGHHH, MY EYES!!! OH GOD MY EYES, HOW CAN I EVER UN-SEE THIS!!!

I've only just woken up as well, this is gonna mess up my whole day.

Lopunny:

MaxTheReaper:

HardRockSamurai:
Um, Alex is the main character of Prototype, not InFamous.

"Namely, which of the two studios could produce the best image of the rival game's main character wearing women's lingerie."
I was confused at first too.

Im STILL confused...which one won exactly? XD Cos he said alex from..oh i give up..

INfamous won with their picture of the guy from Prototype.

I still say you should have gone for a second tie breaker, mate :P

But yeah, it actually makes my cold heart glow to see just how low game developers will go to get a favorable review.

Lord Krunk:
*snip*

So...INFAMOUS won by sending in a pic of the character from PROTOTYPE? :S

OH And I called it, theres always a few gits in every company who want to jump at the chance to throw somthing ZP's way. Heck if I worked for one of them and that gauntlet had been thrown I'd probably be front and center. XD

I can't believe they actutally gave yahtzee the pictures.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here