Yahtzee's Prototype vs. InFamous Challenge

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

I sure hope, Mr Croshaw, that this shows you how popular you really are.

I love how they actually took it seriously, and i am most impressed with the final products, all be it the creepy, creepy things they are.

Lopunny:

Lord Krunk:
*snip*

So...INFAMOUS won by sending in a pic of the character from PROTOTYPE? :S

That was the competition. They both had to draw a picture of their rival's main character in lingerie, not their own.

Oh gaaaawd, the unicorns. I'm laughing myself absolutely sick at these.

And I can't believe he was surprised the game devs jumped on this--these are a bunch of programmers after all. As soon as he issued his challenge, the countdown began.

I love Cole's ~sparklies~ the best, though. Mercer's pose is like something right out of hentai and there's a tentacle monster off camera waving his tentacles gleefully.

Awesome. XDDD

People actually listen to Yahtzee at such a high level? Incredible.

This could be a sham, but I suppose I've called it, if it is.

In any case, well played, even if one of the teams cheated. All's fair in love and war, and this seems to be both at the same time... in the worst way imaginable. Kudos to all involved.

EDIT: By the way Yahtzee, I think you confused the names of the games at least once in that article. Don't type it just before dinner next time, jeez.

Oh irony.

I'd not be surprised if Radical was on the phone with Sucker Punch, deciding whether or not they should both add unicorns.

it's reasons like this why i love the gaming industry

Yahtzee, you are a leader of the new revolution.

But i do question your stance in sexuality now alot harder then before.

In your Sims 3 review, where you revealed it for the godless creation that it truly is, you said your still not gay,

BUT(and i do mean for there to be a pun, though my horrible American fingers are so loaded up on freedom fries grease i said fuck it.)

You were asking two companies, who could have been working on another game for you to rip the heart out of like a gorilla attacking a puppy, for a picture of both there leading male characters, wearing women's lingerie or something else sexier.

I know this is to be taken as a comical style, but look at how close every thing is to each other.

But in retrospect, i take but my homosexual accusal, realizing that we're both generally speaking the same type of person, and i don't like searing ass-pain.

RavingPenguin:

ZerOmega:
There. Is. No. God.

Oh, there is a god, and he has a wild and zany personallity.

Well hello there.

This is wonderful news! Simply wonderful!

It means game studios are watching Yatzhee, AND listening.

This gives me hope that maybe one of them has seen the Duke Nukum (no I can't remember how they like to spell it so it's my way now) video and thought to themselves "Yeah, why not, we've got the cash"

Time to pour in the influence Yatzhee! Use the fame!

Imagine. Imagine the game they would make if they joined forces!

Lord Krunk:

Lopunny:

Lord Krunk:
*snip*

That was the competition. They both had to draw a picture of their rival's main character in lingerie, not their own.

It was less about measuring the quality of one game, but more about defacing the other. Sucker Punch made Prototype look worse, so inFAMOUS is better. Relatively Straightforward

was it just me or does any1 else think yahtzee got it wrong? the first pic looked like InFamous and the second looked like Prototype, therefore Prototype would win? just a thought here...

getinmabelly:
was it just me or does any1 else think yahtzee got it wrong? the first pic looked like InFamous and the second looked like Prototype, therefore Prototype would win? just a thought here...

Would you like to go out with a woman that has hair on her midsection? I wouldn't. And whoever doesn't at least check this article or comment, cannot say that he is in games for fun. This is what it is all about! Originality! Yahtzee you crazy god. And the fact that both companies took part in this show what grown up kids they really are. And that is exactly the kind of people that the industry needs. Well done both RS and SP.

Ahaha!
I was waiting for some kind of reaction from them!

The Alex Mercer-pic is funnier/better.
Therefore, the creators of InFamous won the callenge.

hahaha srsly disturbing way to go yahtzee

I can't believe they actually did it. Now I need to go gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon and drink moonshine until I forget I ever saw this.

This is so funny, ...and the fact that they actually did this, Yahtzee you are a legend, now because of these 2 pics. I think I will go to brainwash.

Lord Krunk:

Lopunny:

Lord Krunk:
*snip*

Ah, sorry, that makes much more sense, had a wee brainfart here evidently XD

I have to give both companies kudos for having a sense of humor about this challenge and actually going through with it, the Unicorn picture was hilarious. It was disturbing somewhat but it's a funny start to my day.

Thanks Yahtzee!

woah, didn't see this coming, I'm sort of shocked (no pun intended) but glad to see infamous triumphed, now I must go burn my eyes.

Anghrist:
That was just too brilliant.

And yet here we are.

Sickened. Disturbed. Overjoyed.

so true

Indigo_Dingo:

Archaon6044:
wait this actually HAPPENED? cor!

it is nice to see designers taking this much interest.
though i still think Prototype is better, simply because it's the only on i've played

...no, that means that inFAMOUS is still the better game, as you have no reason to doubt his opinion.

Okay people, if you haven't played both, you can't disagree with him. I haven't played both, but seeing as I agree with him, thats alright.

Shhhh, make it sound like you're still unsure so we can get them to debase either other further!

I'm not sure how wearing a bra equates to hanging out with a unicorn, but I'll probably figure that out during my nightmares tonight...

Mind = blown.

I'm at a loss for words, really. I think the only thing I can do to acknowledge this is to not acknowledge it, and just get very very drunk.

Yahtzee Croshaw:
Sucker Punch's image looks like it could be the cover of a romance novel, while Radical's image has more of a 'flyer found in a Vegas telephone booth' feel to it.

Haha, why's everybody gotta bash Vegas? Everyone knows what happens here stays here...

I had a feeling in the back of my mind that this would hapen!

Scrythe:
Mind = blown.

Yahtzee Croshaw:
Sucker Punch's image looks like it could be the cover of a romance novel, while Radical's image has more of a 'flyer found in a Vegas telephone booth' feel to it.

Haha, why's everybody gotta bash Vegas? Everyone knows what happens here stays here...

Not the images - they will follow me to death

nerd on nerd fight off lol

Yahtzee, you magnificent bastard, thank you for making my morning.

Haha, this was bloody brilliant!

Dear sweet merciful Christ. I'm going to have to burn my eyes out with battery acid after seeing this. Thanks Yhatzee, thanks alot.

Also, am I the only one that doubts these were sent in by the actual dev teams?

I'd love to see what else Yahtzee could get game devs to do. "Alright Mr. Molyneaux, I'll give a favorable review to Fable III when it comes out, providing you burn yourself alive."

Couldn't you just imagine Yahtzee saying that?

EPIC :O
Good job there!

I think this ego at least double if not tripled just now.

That's great that they'd actually take the "better game is the one who has the better picture of the other's main character in a bra" competition seriously.

Just more proof that game designers have more free time than we let on.

Haha oh wow. I'll be buying both games just because both companies had the guts to do this.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here